Will those loyal to Stannis

Ser Pounce FTW

Will those loyal to Stannis support Shireen to take the Iron Throne? As far as I can tell there hasn't been a Queen ruling Westeros in her own right. Sure Dany is vying for the position but it's really her 3 dragons that will facilitate that. Shireen has no dragons. In fact, she has greyscale. Will people follow someone with this disease?

Also, we have heard very little about Shireen's education. She's been very isolated and there is no mention about the new maester. Is it fair to say Patchface is her biggest educator at the moment? Will she be qualified to rule? Who will be her regent until she is of age? I am assuming Davos would be Hand.

What do you think will happen if Stannis dies with only Shireen as his heir given the nature of King's Landing and Westeros in general?

You really don't want to see her go through what she'd go through. Hopefully he legitimizes Edric and Gendry and names them his heirs.

And yet Stannis has claimed over and over again that Shireen is his heir and has asked at least 2 of his guard to swear to put her on the throne if he dies. I don't see him legitimizing any of Robert's sons. They would be too much of a threat to him.

1 Will those loyal to Stannis support Shireen to take the Iron Throne? As far as I can tell there hasn't been a Queen ruling Westeros in her own right. Sure Dany is vying for the position but it's really her 3 dragons that will facilitate that. Shireen has no dragons. In fact, she has greyscale. Will people follow someone with this disease?

Also, we have heard very little about Shireen's education. She's been very isolated and there is no mention about the new maester. 3 Is it fair to say Patchface is her biggest educator at the moment? 4 Will she be qualified to rule? 5 Who will be her regent until she is of age? I am assuming Davos would be Hand.

6 What do you think will happen if Stannis dies with only Shireen as his heir given the nature of King's Landing and Westeros in general?

1. Yes. Read the Theon spoiler chapter for Stannis's view. Not to mention that everyone sworn to his cause (not counting the Northmen quite yet) is pretty much screwed if if Stannis or his heir does not take the throne.

2. Yes. Outside of Val, we have not seen anyone freaked out about it. It seems to be generally thought of as fine in her case (childhood survivor). So at most, the wildlings will be a problem as far as greyscale is concerned.

3. No. I am sure they have someone educating her at this time.

4. It depends on your meaning. She's like 12-13 at the oldest at this point in the story. So, I'm going to say no. However, I believe she is receiving a general education that would make her capable when she is older. Though since GRRM dropped the timeskip, she may prove herself exceptional like the Stark children if it is needed.

5. Selyse (or in reality, Mel) or Davos.

6. It would be a major blow, but depending on the state of his army, not a fatal one.

Cant see any accepting her. She'd face the sort of prejudice Tyrion endured, x10.

To be fair, Tyrion was scorned by his own family which led him to develop an attitude that was very self-fulfilling.

And yet Stannis has claimed over and over again that Shireen is his heir and has asked at least 2 of his guard to swear to put her on the throne if he dies. I don't see him legitimizing any of Robert's sons. They would be too much of a threat to him.

Yeah. Legitimizing either would put them over him on the throne. Gendry makes absolutely no sense as he is currently a bandit serving an undead abomination.

Just to point out, Stannis has said he is securing the Throne as his duty to his daughter. To give her what is hers. Naming his complicated-relationship brother's bastard children ahead of her simply because they have a penis would fly in the face of that (even in a sexist society like Westeros).

Archived