Jaime's story end prediction?

TheLastTarg

Jaime kills Cersei in the throne room after she either kills Tommen, or tries to burn the city down. He's found by Daenerys, who's accompanied by Tyrion. Tyrion, now seeing that his revenge of Cersei has been denied, will urge his execution. Remember: he also wants to get back at Jaime. Daenerys goes with the order, and executes Jaime. Just after Jaime dies, Tyrion has a horrible moment of self-realization: he's now severed all ties with the only person in his family that showed him a shred of love and compassion. Cersei dies, Jaime dies, the story ends with Tyrion being a bitter, broken man.

That's how I would do it.

Someone posted this in a different thread the other day. It theorizes that Jaime is Azor Ahai reborn, and that ASoIaF is based on Norse mythology, specifically Ragnarok. It's definitely worth a read, imo.

The link goes to a blog that discusses ASoIaF in comparison to the Ragnarok of Norse mythology. Fascinating stuff! If the story arcs of AsoIaF play out the same way as the mythological storylines do, well, we are all in for a few shocks. (At least, I was forced to consider endings that I didn't much like.) I haven't read all the blogposts on that site yet, but the one linked above about Jamie is brilliant and the one about the Stark kids as wargs (and it's Norse parallel) is gripping. Recommended: http://gameofthronesandnorsemythology.blogspot.com.au/2013_05_01_archive.html

Sorry - can't make the link thing work.

Jaime kills Cersei in the throne room after she either kills Tommen, or tries to burn the city down. He's found by Daenerys, who's accompanied by Tyrion. Tyrion, now seeing that his revenge of Cersei has been denied, will urge his execution. Remember: he also wants to get back at Jaime. Daenerys goes with the order, and executes Jaime. Just after Jaime dies, Tyrion has a horrible moment of self-realization: he's now severed all ties with the only person in his family that showed him a shred of love and compassion. Cersei dies, Jaime dies, the story ends with Tyrion being a bitter, broken man.

That's how I would do it.

I hate that but it's very poetic.

My version would be Cersi finding out that Brienne is pregnant, via Jaime, and loses her mind. She sends the Sir Robert Strong (zombie) to kill her. When Robert Strong returns, she can't help but gloat to Jaime what's she's done and he kills her and then himself by hanging himself or something that takes time. .

Brienne though is actually alive and in Robert's Armor which actually too big for her, but since he never opened his helm they never knew. She goes to tell Jaime because what ever mission she had is now complete, to discover that he is in Cersi's bedroom. Swallowing her pride because she has to at least tell Jaime that she isn't actually dead, she finds the body of Cersi and the dying Jaime.

Wheather Jaime dies or not (I would prefer not) there is a dramtic declaration of love and the promise that the child she has will not be cursed with the Lannister name as Jaime no longer feels any honor can be redemed salvaged from it.

A lot of people seem to believe that Jaime and Cersei will die together, as they have always believed, however I think Jaime's weirwood dream may indicate otherwise. I'm referring to this line here:

Sister!” he shouted. “Stay with me. Stay!” There was no reply but the soft sound of retreating footsteps.

Cersei disappears into the darkness to join the other soon to be deceased Lannisters, while Jaime stays with Brienne.

Cersei disappears into the darkness to join the other soon to be deceased Lannisters, while Jaime stays with Brienne.

That's too much wishful thinking for a happy ending :(

I like to think Jaime will have a bittersweet ending, where he pays the price for his crimes. Just to show how much he isn't Tywin Lannister's son :)

I think Jamie will make it to the end of ADOS alive. Why? If Stannis wins IT he will be killed. Ditto Danerys, Euron, and most likely Aegon as well. The story will get extremely boring if the Lannisters lose the war too early. Plotwise he is a nonfactor killing him holds no benefit to the plot at this time. Considering where Sandor now is/believed to be maybe he will have a peaceful life on QI.

I saw a post before saying Jamie will kill Cersei for trying to light Kings Landing on fire with the Wildfire, only to have to do it himself with The Others closing in on the city.

I don't want him to die as a hero, I want him to die as a redeemer

I haven't read everything posted on this thread yet, but my own pet theory here is that Jamie is the valonquor (or however its spelled). On a thread the other day (I made my first ever post which I now can't find and makes me very angry) about the Cersei prophecy and who is the younger, more beautiful, queen. That obviously led in to the valonquaor thing. I had asked in the thread if we actually knew whether Cersei or Jamie were the eldest. As far as the rights of inheritance go in Westeros, excusing Dorne, the eldest son inherits so that doesn't help us figure it out. In one of the last Tyrion chapters in aGoT, Cersei tells him that they came in to the world together, followed by, Jamie came in to the world holding my foot. That means Cersei is the oldest and makes Jamie a potential valonquor. Its romantic in a sense that they would come in to the world together, and go out together. Cersei has almost completely lost it by the end of DwD and Jamie seems to realize that. I wouldn't put it past her to light up all that wildfire she has stored away and take King's Landing down before 'losing' as she would see it. It also wouldn't surprise me to put an end to her himself in the name of honor, most likely losing his own life in the process.

i seriously believe that Jaime will be involved in unCat learning of Jon Snows true parentage and then aiding her in the journey to winterfell where Jons body is delivered to be put in the crypt after Cat passes on the kiss of life Jaime will go kill cersei..... or have sex with her...... or both. Jon Targaryen is the prince that was promised and Azor Ahai and the greatest character in the history of literature next to dracula and he will marry Dany and destroy the others and live happily ever after becuase, ya know, GRRM is all about happily ever afters

I believe Lady Stoneheart will indeed kill Jaime.

He has taken a few small steps down the path to redemption, but he's not even close to absolving himself. He crippled Bran, murdered numerous members of Ned's entourage in KL, and even offhandedly suggested murdering Ned as well. He has done good things, certainly, but he has never taken responsibility for his awful actions and his loyalties, either.

His past will catch up with him, in the form of a noose, and his redemptive arc will be cut short. He'll prove the truth of the idea that "the good does not wipe away the bad".

i seriously believe that Jaime will be involved in unCat learning of Jon Snows true parentage and then aiding her in the journey to winterfell where Jons body is delivered to be put in the crypt after Cat passes on the kiss of life Jaime will go kill cersei..... or have sex with her...... or both. Jon Targaryen is the prince that was promised and Azor Ahai and the greatest character in the history of literature next to dracula and he will marry Dany and destroy the others and live happily ever after becuase, ya know, GRRM is all about happily ever afters

And everyone dances around maypoles, and no one plays the game of thrones :D

Because they're all going to accept a random bastard and Dany will suddenly not be stupid and incompetent :P

But really, I see Brienne sending Jaime to Stoneheart and he accepts his fate. She tries to talk him out of it but he refuses, he's not Tywin's son and he's going to prove that to the world

I think Jaime will use Edmure and Ilyn Payne as bargaining chips to buy him some time with LS (yep, I believe he would hand over Ser Ilyn in exchange for his life) and he'll die a hero's death trying to fulfill his oath to find and return Sansa.

Archived