Jaime's story end prediction?

TheLastTarg

It will end with his hand(s) wrapped around Cersei's throat if the Gods are good.

I definitely think that he will kill Cersei and die shortly after as well!

Someone posted this in a different thread the other day. It theorizes that Jaime is Azor Ahai reborn, and that ASoIaF is based on Norse mythology, specifically Ragnarok. It's definitely worth a read, imo.

Wow that is a really interesting read! And I definitely think the TV show is a good source of hints considering they do indeed know the ending, I've never thought to look to far into it.

Someone posted this in a different thread the other day. It theorizes that Jaime is Azor Ahai reborn, and that ASoIaF is based on Norse mythology, specifically Ragnarok. It's definitely worth a read, imo.

this is pretty awesome. Some of it seems to be a stretch but you have to respect the research. It's extremely well done

I would like to see him become as formidable a swordsman as he was earlier before he dies. And yes, I don't think he is going to make to the end of the series.

I don't think he'll ever be as formidable, but he will be able to defend himself with a sword again. As much work as he's putting in with Illyn Payne, something has to give. Once he kills his first dude post-stump, his confidence will come back and he'll excel more quickly. Quick enough for a big kill and a dramatic death. Or not. Maybe he eventually does become lord of casterly rock and restores honor to his house

Jaime's weirwood dream links his life to Brienne's honor. Cersei tells him, while leaving, that he will live as long as the fire in his and Brienne's swords won't go out. In the end, after a confrontation with the people he betrayed, the fire in his blade gutters out, leaving only the flames of Brienne's sword lighting the darkness.

In Jaime's dream Ser Arthur Dayne tells Brienne that they all swore oaths when Brienne declares she swore an oath to protect Jaime. That can be seen as an accusation towards Jaime who broke his oaths. Ít can also foreshadow Brienne breaking hers: if she betrays Jaime (to Stoneheart), Jaime will die, the light in Brienne's blade extinguished.

But even if Brienne's flame keeps burning, I don't see Cersei and Jaime leaving the world together: Cersei left him in the dream, mirroring the reality. The rift between Jaime and his twin sister has been steadily growing since he lost his hand, resulting in Cersei sending him away from court. Cersei still believes that they will leave the world together. Jaime, who used to share her belief, hasn't mentioned it in quite some time.

I think he and Brienne join the BWB and spend some time righting wrongs and feeding smallfolk in the riverlands. The BWB miss the way things were under Berric and LSH is too focused on revenge and not thinking about the smallfolk as uch as the BWB want. (no evidence for this its just my gut feeling.) When Brienne returns with Jamie he corroborated the Oathkeeper, find Sansa story Brienne gave them and they believe him, LS is Roth and some members leave with her whist the bulk remain and continue to Fight for the people of Westeros and once again call themselves Kings men. I also think Ilyn will have followed them and seeing pod is alive, his last relative he also joins the BWB's in order to live a life that has meaning and serves the realm in a positive way.

In the end Brienne is expecting a little Lannister but Jamie gets killed doing something amazingly brave and heroic.

Hyle marries Brienne to protect her honor and they return to Tarth in order to keep the blonde baby out of the sight of the realm, who at this point loath Lannisters and want to see their line ended.

Regent to King Tommen, Varys opened the position recently.

This is interesting! Although he clearly enjoys the battlefield more and has never liked living in KL.

I think he'll join the BWB where he'll prove his honour in one way or another, restore their true cause (which has been lost with LSH) and die in an epic battle fighting the Lannisters!

Wow that is a really interesting read! And I definitely think the TV show is a good source of hints considering they do indeed know the ending, I've never thought to look to far into it.

this is pretty awesome. Some of it seems to be a stretch but you have to respect the research. It's extremely well done

It's one of the more comprehensive and interesting theories I've come across. I lean towards Jon Snow being the hero, but I would also be very pleased with this resolution.

Personally, I want Jamie and Brianne to say "bother this nonsense" and head off into the woods together to raise badass fair-haired children and travel the country righting wrongs and defending the innocent like a couple of medieval Batmans.

...Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

I think you're a medieval Batman for saying that :)

Personally, I want Jamie and Brianne to say "bother this nonsense" and head off into the woods together to raise badass fair-haired children and travel the country righting wrongs and defending the innocent like a couple of medieval Batmans.

...Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

I like the way you think.

I have a grim fear he'll end up killing Cersei then himself.

Possibly he and Brienne will go out together. Though I want them to live which most of the time in Martin's world means they won't.

Archived