Favorite scene of the series so far

Oh, I'm torn between two Theon scenes from Season 2. Either when Luwin councils him/war speech or when he takes Rodrik's head.

Totally. Even after this season, several of Theon's scenes in S2 are still the strongest moments on the entire show - the beheading of Rodrik, the reveal of the fake Bran and Rickon (Luwin's reaction goddamn I miss his actor) and then his scene in the finale.

The opening of S3E10, with Roose surverying the Twins as all hell is breaking loose and then Sandor & Arya laying eyes on RobbWind definitely left a really strong impression as well.

Season 3: The Kingslayer in the bathtub, also the beheading of Arnolf Karstark was pretty powerful.

Season 2: Theon. Theon. Theon. Hate the character but Alfie Allen makes him likeable.

Season 1: Ned Stark vs. Jaime Lannister, nuff said.

1. Dany with Drogon on her shoulder and people kneeling in front of her

2. Cat capturing Tyrion

3. Cersei's tale on the throne in Blackwater

omg the scene where Cat takes Tyrion is beyond epic! Loved it!

Favorite Scenes Overall:

1. S3E3: Musical chairs

2. S1E5: Robert & Cersei drink to their marriage

3. S2E10: Theon, Luwin, & the Vuvuzela

4. S2E3: Impin' ain't easy ("The Queen mustn't know...")

5. S2E5: Arya & Tywin

Funniest Scene:

S3E4: Olenna vs Varys

Saddest scene:

S3E9: Arya sees Grey Wind's death

Favorite Visual:

S2E3: Theon burning the letter

Favorite Score:

Theon's theme

You know, as disappointed as I was in S2, the best parts really were phenomenal. Three of my Top-5 were in S2, and I didn't even get to 'Blackwater' - that's how brilliant the show can be at its best.

The scene between Robert and Cersei about mid-way through Episode 5. She asks him about Lyanna and it leads into them discussing their own broken relationship. :crying:

I absolutely love that scene. So well written, and quite a painting of a relationship doomed from the start.

Also:

-Tywin's intro.

-The moments before they're about to destroy Stannis' fleet with wildfire.

-The dialogue between Varys and Littlefinger, not sure which season, the one where LF says "I admire you".

-Davos being rescued, asked which king did he serve. I love the way he answers, the music in the background. Such a good and to the point way to show his loyalty.

-Theon and Maester Luwin talking, with the horn in the background. Perfect.

-The chair scene.

-Tywin and Joffrey ('You are being counseled at this very moment').

-Door closes, Rains of Castermere starts playing, Cat's expression.

For me, one stand out is S1 E4 when Sam tells his story to Jon and also when Tyrion gets a cold reception in Winterfell but still helps Bran with the saddle design. Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things is one of my favorite epsiodes.

Every scene in S3 with Podrick is hilarious. Also, the scene way back in S1 E2 when Tyrion slaps Joffrey has to be one of the most satisfying in the show. The most recent scene between Tywin and Tyrion was really powerful and one of the highlights of the finale.

But if I had to pick one scene as my favorite, it's gotta be Tyrion's confession during his trial at the Eyrie. Cemented him as arguably the show's best character and probably won him that Emmy.

so many scenes, with this show it's hard sometimes to go on forums because you feel like its all negative naysayers that constantly nit pick and while it does make you a bit jaded, threads like this convince you that despite the occasional misshaps (Dany and co. re enacting a Pearl Jam concert outside of Yunkai, etc.), this show still has so much going for it.

While not really a scene, I loved all the interactions Arya had in season 2, both with Tywin Lannister and Jaqen H'gar. Real credit to Maisie Williams as season 2 really foreshadowed what she was becoming and where her character was going, much more so than the last season, which seemed to be more focused on the other members of the Stark family. The way all the Jaqen scenes played out reminds me of what the show is capable of when done right. You can get lost in that guy's voice, and it comes of as mysterious in the best way possible, even when it's easy to imagine content like that being cheesy in most other cases.

An honorable mention goes to the scene where Khal Drogo pledges to win the Iron Throne for Dany (and I hate Dany's character and story with a passion), although at this point, you need to take triumphant moments like that with a bit of salt, because they rarely turn out the way you think they will (see also, King in the North), but goddamn they're powerful. Any scene with Varys is also awesome, and while they haven't really given Little Finger the chance to shine (because it would probably reveal waaaay too much this early in the series), I'm pretty sure we'll be getting some awesome exposition from him in the coming season. Also, Theon contemplating what to do in Winterfell while the Bastard blew his horn was masterful, and barely gets any praise.

This season belonged to NCJ though. Every scene he was in reminded you how glued this series could get you. I knew what was going to happen, but the arc seemed so much more fleshed out on the show than it did in the books, which is astounding considering we had no access to his inner thoughts and everything had to be conveyed through the tone of his voice and his body language and facial expressions. i get goose bumps just thinking of it. The standout scene in this season is the beginning of episode 4. From the smarmy, swaggering knight of the first season to a maimed prisoner literally drowning in mud and shit, the anguish is so apparent it's almost tangible. You're watching a character you've been trained to despise getting his comeuppance, and absolutely none of it feels good. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment.

Looks like I've ranted for a bit, but it's so difficult to choose!

Where to begin...

- Brienne in the scene with Renly's death was amazing... Particularly for the the slow, shocked realization of what's just transpired after she kills the other two guards and then the gut churning way she wails over his corpse. Gwendoline Christie had better be a regular cast member next season, don't know why she wasn't this season.

- The Tywin skinning the dear with Jaime scene is gold.

- Pretty much any scene with Jaqen H'ghar. Particularly "A girl keeps secrets, it is not for a man to spoil them." and "Three deaths you stole from the Red God... We have to give them back!"

- I like the scene in Fire and Blood where Daenerys stands up to Qotho. The strong look on her face as she rises, looks up at him, and locks eyes with him and gives the line about being the daughter of a dragon, I have never been nothing... but the dragons are all dead Khaleesi.

- I find the scene where Maester Aemon tells Jon who he really is to be quite haunting, just the little way he sorta skulks backwards after he says "as i have... as i have..."

- Bathtub scene with Jaime and Brienne

- The pained and lost look on Theon's face after he executes Ser Rodrik. The Ironborn storyline might have been the strongest of Season 2.

I liked a lot of scenes, so its really hard to rank.

S1

-After Joffrey gets attacked and Ned is arguing with Robert and Cersei

-First brothel scene with LF and Vary

-When Daenerys finally gets the guts to hit Viserys (probably my favorite Dany scene in the show)

-Jaime vs. Ned

-Catelyn arresting Tyrion

-Tywin skinning the deer

-Robert/Cersei

-Joffrey/Sansa on the bridge with the heads

S2

-Any scene with Roose Bolton

-Theon/Balon scenes

-Stannis/Renly parley

-Shadow birth

-Theon beheading Rodrik (probably THE BEST change the show has made)

-The entire Blackwater

-Theon's scene with Luwin

-Stannis choking Melisandre.... "where is your god now?" was a great line

S3

-The first scene with the QoT

-Again, any scene with Roose Bolton

-The torture scene where Ramsay removes Theon's finger

-Tywin telling Tyrion he can never have CR

-Jaime's hand gets cut off

-Jaime/Brienne bath scene

-Beric vs. Sandor

-Shireen visiting Davos in the dungeons