Favorite scene of the series so far

1.Robb calling the banners.

2.Danny saying to her Dothraki : "I am the dragon’s daughter, and I swear to you that those who would harm you will die screaming." That line gives me chills every time.

3.When the horn blast 3 times and the brothers reaction is RUN!!!!!!

Season 1:

Tywin/Jaime

Robert/Cersei

Ned/Arya ("I don't want to be a lady")

Ned's execution

"The King in the North"

Birth of the Dragons

When the rangers set off beyond the Wall

Season 2

Tyrion/Varys ("Power is a curious thing")

Theon executing Ser Rodrick

When Luwin sees "Bran and Rickon"'s corpses

Tywin/Arya staredown

Anything with Jaqen

Yoren's monologue about how he came to join the Night's Watch

Theon burning the letter to Robb

Season 3

The Red Wedding

Dracarys

The Hound/Beric duel

Jaime/Brienne in the bath

Arya killing the Frey soldier

Tywin/Tyrion in ep1

Tywin making marriage plans for Tyrion and Cersei

• 2 weeks later...

An honorable mention goes to the scene where Khal Drogo pledges to win the Iron Throne for Dany

That was an amazing piece of acting. So fierce. Jason Momoa is what I miss the most about season 1.

I hadn't read the books when I watched season 1. When it ended I read all five of them. So season 1 was very shocking to me.

Season 1

Goosebumps:

- Birth of the dragons.

- The King in the North!

- "Are you a brother of the Night's Watch or a bastard boy who wants to play at war?". Great scene.

Shocking:

- Ned's beheading! I was speechless for minutes. Mouth open and everything.

- Tywin skinning the deer. Visually shocking to watch that, since it was real. Plus it made me feel immediately that this was a ruthless, highly respected man that should not be messed with. When reading the books, it made me think the scene was brilliant, because it shows Tywin's character so well in such a short time.

Great:

- Syrio and Arya. Just so.

Best scenery:

- The very first scene in the pilot. Amazing shot of the wall and beyond the wall.

- The sky cells in the Eyrie.

- Ned at the Godswood. The weirwoods are beautifully done.

Season 2

Amazing overall:

- Arya & Tywin, "Anyone can be killed". Valar morghulis!

- The last scene in Blackwater: Cersei's monologue, Tywin storming into the throne room, and the Rains of Castamere during the credits to boot.

Best scenery/CGI:

- The explosion in Blackwater was outstanding.

Chilling:

- Three blasts.

Cool:

- Brienne's fight with Loras. Girl power!

Missing:

- I really wanted to see Arya's first kill in Harrenhall. It felt like such a turning point in the books.

Season 3

Goosebumps:

- Dracarys! Watched it over and over and over. Beautifully done, my favorite scene in the third book and I was so scared it wasn't gonna live up to it, but it was even better than in the book. Plus the High Valyrian was so beautiful.

- Bath scene. Same case, second favorite scene in the book. NAILED it. Proceeded to fall in love with NCW (was already in love with Jaime).

Awesome:

- The Hound vs. Beric.

- Daenerys meeting Razdal mo Eraz. Everything was perfect - scenery, clothing, acting. The dragons were so stunning. The Unsullied along the road were such a display of power.

Shocking:

- RobbWind was so so so disturbing. Way more than in the books. It made me really nauseous even though I knew it might happen. Amazing. The fact that Arya was watching broke my heart.

Chilling:

- The Red Wedding. Though I felt Catelyn's comatose state at the end kind of broke the spell. The silent credits were so sad.

Great:

- Shireen's character felt spot on to me (though she's way too pretty in the show). A really sweet girl. I felt her scene with Davos was perfect.

- Davos learning to read. Amazing acting.

Best scenery:

- The shots of the Sept of Baelor were breathtaking.

Nice new additions:

- Arya's archery skills. I know a lot of people think it makes her seem all-powerful but in the books she talks about how she wishes she was an expert at it, and I felt it was like a little gift to her in the show. I loved watching her shoot Ilyn, Cersei and Joffrey. She looked badass.

SEASON 1 had soo many amazing scenes.

-Robert's arrival

-Jon/Ned goodbye

-Ned's execution

-Birth of the Dragons

-King in the North

-The night's watch riding south

It makes me sad that season 2+3 combined don't have that many chilling, epic in the full sense of the word scenes. That said, in s3, I loved:

-Dracarys scene (that says a lot, coming from a hardcore Dany hater)

-Red Wedding

-Arya's conversation with Thoros

and of course Jaime's bath

I'm still really partial to the introduction of Gregor Clegane and his subsequent duel with Sandor. When Robert commands them to stop in the name of their king, Sandor kneels unhesitatingly while Gregor swings a sword over his head in a blind rage to show the amount of contrast between the Clegane brothers. It's nothing short of epic.

Archived