Your Favorite Frey.

Martyn Rivers, a bastard in more ways than one.

Man, the amount of hate and kinslaying in this family...

Am I wrong or the only Westerosi place/occupation where there's no Frey around is the Wall?

I'm not sure if there's any Frey's on the wall - on the one hand I don't remember hearing of any, on the other hand there's so many Freys so low in the "pecking order" it seems unlikely that a few of them haven't seen the sense in getting out of the Twins.

In either case, you are wrong in one respect: there are plenty of places in Westeros without Freys - but they have managed to sneak into a surprising number of houses, considering it's a relatively young house (~600 years according to Wiki) with most of their members having little worth from a financial/political point of view (the Twins is only going to support so many Freys once old Walder kicks the bucket).

This topic looses interest if we can pick the Rosby Freys... they didn't participate in the RW and also have Roslin. So, I ignore them completely, and chose Stevron. It doesn't matter he is already dead... the others are soon to follow.

I'm not sure if there's any Frey's on the wall - on the one hand I don't remember hearing of any, on the other hand there's so many Freys so low in the "pecking order" it seems unlikely that a few of them haven't seen the sense in getting out of the Twins.

In either case, you are wrong in one respect: there are plenty of places in Westeros without Freys - but they have managed to sneak into a surprising number of houses, considering it's a relatively young house (~600 years according to Wiki) with most of their members having little worth from a financial/political point of view (the Twins is only going to support so many Freys once old Walder kicks the bucket).

Not good english... please consider "place" as a sort of synonim of "occupation", since basically Frey cover all the range of medieval professions ^^

They space from criminals, to septons, to maesters, to knights, highborn lords, bastards and so on.

More than a sort of infiltration plan, I'm thinking it shows how Freys are so different from each other (or how they DO HAVE to be different, since otherwise no one could tell them apart).

It's also fun to consider that while they are "everywhere", no one strikes for brilliance or for excellence in any field.

truth to be told, however, Gatehouse Ami or Lame Lothar have some skills. Yet it's more a matter of personal likings than their "professions", unlike other family members :)

oh, and to answer the OP, that'll be Olyvar. He seemed decent. Of course, what his reaction or involvement with the RW (if any) were might well change that.

edit:

Not good english... please consider "place" as a sort of synonim of "occupation", since basically Frey cover all the range of medieval professions ^^

They space from criminals, to septons, to maesters, to knights, highborn lords, bastards and so on.

More than a sort of infiltration plan, I'm thinking it shows how Freys are so different from each other (or how they DO HAVE to be different, since otherwise no one could tell them apart).

It's also fun to consider that while they are "everywhere", no one strikes for brilliance or for excellence in any field.

truth to be told, however, Gatehouse Ami or Lame Lothar have some skills. Yet it's more a matter of personal likings than their "professions", unlike other family members :)

Well... given the sheer number of Freys who most likely won't inherit much, it's not surprising that a number of them have spread out into most if not all of the socially acceptable occupations that Nobles can have. Other than, supposedly, the Wall.

The people who want all the Freys dead surprise me slightly. There are a number of Freys left out of the Red Wedding precisely because they were pro-Stark and would have warned Robb. Slaughtering them alongside all the others, without any care or interest in actual individual guilt, is downright...well, Dany-like.

The people who want all the Freys dead surprise me slightly. There are a number of Freys left out of the Red Wedding precisely because they were pro-Stark and would have warned Robb. Slaughtering them alongside all the others, without any care or interest in actual individual guilt, is downright...well, Dany-like.

Agreed, it's a little scary actually, wanting vengeance is one thing, being blinded by it to this level of "guilty by association" is... well, I won't say it, but I'm thinking it.

Agreed, it's a little scary actually, wanting vengeance is one thing, being blinded by it to this level of "guilty by association" is... well, I won't say it, but I'm thinking it.

Most of us don't actually think that way, but it is the way they will be viewed in the world they live in. I'm sure there are some really great Freys but their name will condemn them for many years.

Archived