Your Favorite Frey.

The Freys that we're deliberately kept away from the Red Wedding Olyvar, Perwyn, Alesandor in that order. I also think you can't condemn the children other than Ramsey's Little Walder who got what he deserved before he could bloody himself. Other than children i hope the walkers get the rest so we have the pleasure of watching them die TWICE!

The only good Frey is a dead Frey.

...I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but Walder Frey (yes, that one) is my favourite. He is cold, cunning, calculating and conniving. Plus he's outlived 7 wives and fathered many children. He might be geriatric, but he's still sharp enough to manage to ensure that the majority of the threat to the Lannisters coming from the Northerners was wiped out in one fell swoop. And he managed to marry another daughter off at the same time. Sure he's arguably quite cruel, but he sure knows how to kill two birds with one stone.

Not all of the Freys are heinous, Perwyn, Roslin, and Olyvar immediately come to mind as decent folks who either didn't participate in the RW or, in the case of Roslin, played their role with the utmost reluctance. I rather like these Freys.

My "favorite" Frey, though, is not necessarily one of the "good" Freys, but most likely rid us of a potential Ramsay 2.0, and that's Big Walder. The kid may be a kinslayer, but if he did take out Little Walder it may be that he was serving the greater good regardless.

Also I have to grudgingly admire his ambition -- twice in ACoK, he declares that we will rule the crossings. On page 77 and again on page 520 of the US paperback version he states his intentions:

page 77 - "We're cousins, not brothers," added Big Walder, the little one. "I'm Walder son of Jammos. My father was Lord Walder's son by his fourth wife. He's Walder son of Merrett. His grandmother was Lord Walder's third wife, the Crakehall. He's ahead of me in the line of succession even though I'm older."

"Only by fifty-two days," Little Walder objected. "And neither of us will ever hold the Twins, stupid."

"I will," Big Walder declared.

page 520 - Little Walder hooted. "Tired of waiting for our grandfather to die, you mean. Does this mean Ser Emmon's the heir now?"

"Don't be stupid," his cousin said. "The sons of the first son come before the second son. Ser Ryman is next in line, and then Edwyn and Black Walder and Petyr Pimple. And then Aegon and all his sons."

"Ryman is old too," said Little Walder. "Past forty, I bet. And he has a bad belly. Do you think he'll be lord?"

"I'll be lord. I don't care if he is."

It would be very interesting if Big Walder survives and becomes lord of the twins in the end. In addition to still being a child, he was absent and had no part in the RW, so he probably doesn't incite the hatred that most of the adult Freys do. Maybe there will always be a Walder Frey who is lord of the crossing.

Big Walder. I believe he killed Little Walder, Ramsay's protege.

I know there are nicer blokes, even amongst the Freys, but getting rid of a possible Ramsay 2.0 takes the cake. He's so savvy.

Number Two is Late Lord Frey himself, for his sense of humour. He just won me over during his first talk to Catelyn. "Your family has always shit on me, don't deny it, you know it's true." LOL

Merrett was hilarious, too. I hope against hope that we will get another Frey POV as a prologue or epilogue.

Archived