Your Favorite Frey.

Good idea for a thread, OP.

Definitely Gatehouse Ami [gods be good!], she's a total ho and it's hilarious. Fat Walda would be the runner-up, but not literally, she's never run a step in her life.

Their men are pretty much worthless. Some of them are halfway decent [Olyvar, in the 5 pages we got to know him, and maybe Stevron, who's no longer around] and some are good at what they do [Walder Rivers, Lame Lothar, Black Walder, the over-rated Ser Hosteen] but I don't value any of them.

Merrett. I just really felt sorry for him. I kinda felt like his dying was a relief.

Yeah, he was a tragic figure. Just goes to show why you shouldn't try and negotiate with outlaws, at least not if you are a Frey..

No, but if people are allowed to demonstrate... very harsh... feelings on what should be done to the Freys on the basis that the Freys are fictional, I just wanted to point out that the outrage causing those harsh feelings are also over fictional characters. In other words, if you dismiss downright insane policies ("kill 'em all") on that basis, then you're also saying noone should care what happened at the RW, because those guys are fictional too.

Ehm. The problem, in this case, is that we almost know for certain the fictional characters in question will not receive justice, which we in the 21st century western world would find satisfactory, for the crimes they commited on the fictional victims in question. So there are two things you can do I suppose. Be naive and wait till those fictional criminals are brought to justice (which they never will) or wish that somehow the victims will be "avenged" in some other matter.

I don't see what the problem is than for "wishing" punishments which we would not "wish" for in real life. Out here (in the western world) we have agreed upon a system of justice which is geared to that victims receive the satisfaction of compensation and retribution through fair trials and judgement by peers. There is no such thing in ASOFAI so how are the victims ever going to be 'compensated' or receive 'retribution' according to you?

I figure this would be an interesting topic.

Who among that reviled house do you, for whatever reason, see as a redeeming quality?

I've become somewhat attached to Black Walder, he has a ruthless attitude and from what we know he's a decent warrior. His ruthlessness kind of reminds me of a young Tywin, with probably (much less) political savvy.

Ser Dead Frey is the best kind...

Archived