Will they cast Val, do they need to?

drayrock

I really hope they cast Val this next season. I feel like it will be pretty hard to just save it for season 5 especially after the battle at thee wall which knowing the shows pace will be episode 5 or 6 hahaha. I really hope they don't cut her, I'm pretty convinced she has some part to play in the next book and is the ideal match for Jon.....

My bet is they'll have her be Mance's wife and write Dalla out.

It would be the easiest option for them. With budgets, and the attention span of audiences, they really have to cut a lot of characters, scenes etc. out and this would be the perfect way to do so.

But does it matter that Val is presented as a potential bride for Jon Snow?

Stannis at the time of the offer means to burn Mance, so from his viewpoint, she will soon become a widow and therefore marriageable.

But does it matter that Val is presented as a potential bride for Jon Snow?

I agree they will have her be mances wife. Right when you said it it made sense. But will she be a love interest that's another story.. I hope so, way better than Danny and you cannot have both

it makes more sense for them to just have val be mance's wife, they've got to save the budget so i wouldnt be to worried about it, if val marrying later on though proves to be a key part of the plot line then they may need to just have a quick introduction of dalla before she dies this season

I kind of feel like a merging of Val and Dalla is potentially another case of "stepping on a butterfly". It changes the entire relationship dynamic between Val, Mance, Mance's son, and Jon during the events of ADWD. I don't know why they couldn't just cast some stand-in or guest to play Dalla for one scene, it would solve the issue entirely. It's not like they have to contract an actress for multiple seasons and Dalla doesn't exactly have much on-page presence in the books anyway.

Archived