When will Dany want to hear the truth about her family

Irelands Gemstone

In aDwD Barristan tells her that her family are not totally innocent, that they have secrets to hide and shameful deeds to cover, asks if she wants to hear them, and she says no - this includes Eddards defense of her assasaination.

I know it isnt plot essential, but I think it will help her as a character, be very interesting to read and be absolutely boss to see how she deals with her family, and how the enemies Viserys has told her about, then Jorah told her about actually ended up saving her.

Will we ever see her ask to learn? will Tyrion tell her? Will Barristan? Will a returned Jorah Mormont? Or am I going to have to imagine myself into the literature and tell her myself?

My fear is that in the books, Selmy will die in the battle of Mereen before he can tell her or before she LETS him tell her. I do not trust Tyrion to be truthful about it if she lets him talk to her. he is becoming the twisted little demon monkey he was accused of being.

Imagine Jaime telling her about what he heard happening in her parents' bedroom, the 'you're hurting me' stuff, the bite marks on her mother's skin, the part where he could only get into it any more if he burned a man to death...

Dany might be seen by people as a tough girl who had to go through a lot, but she's very much avoiding the horrible things that actually happened in her own family. She needs to put her big girl shoes on for that, and preferably before she heads into Westeros.

Imagine Jaime telling her about what he heard happening in her parents' bedroom, the 'you're hurting me' stuff, the bite marks on her mother's skin, the part where he could only get into it any more if he burned a man to death...

Dany might be seen by people as a tough girl who had to go through a lot, but she's very much avoiding the horrible things that actually happened in her own family. She needs to put her big girl shoes on for that, and preferably before she heads into Westeros.

I think Dany would find it very hard to come to terms with the knowledge that she'd been conceived as a result of rape. But, the only person who can tell her that is Jaime, and she'd assume he was lying to justify his assassination of her father; not that he'd survive long enough to get the chance to tell her.

Ser Barristan went on. “I saw your father and your mother wed as well. Forgive me, but there

was no fondness there, and the realm paid dearly for that, my queen.”

“Why did they wed if they did not love each other?”

“Your grandsire commanded it. A woods witch had told him that the prince was promised would

be born of their line.”

“A woods witch?” Dany was astonished. “She came to court with Jenny of Oldstones. A stunted

thing, grotesque to look upon. A dwarf, most people said, though dear to Lady Jenny, who always

claimed that she was one of the children of the forest.”

“What became of her?”

“Summerhall.” The word was fraught with doom.

I'm surprised Barristan hasn't told her yet...though he could tell her their marriage was an unhappy one.

Archived