Best Decision Made in the Series?

Flig

I always see a lot of "Worst choice/decision/move" threads, so I've decided to put a more positive spin on this. What do you think was the best decision made in the series thus far?

Personally, I have to say, Stannis's decision to follow Davos's advice and aid the Night's Watch is a pretty viable candidate, but, other than this observation, I'm going to abstain from throwing my own ideas out there for the moment.

Joffrey`s decision to exchange Sansa with Margaery and marry her. :). I am kidding...(or not)

Definetly the coolest would be Oberyn`s to fight with Gregor, but the best decision goes indeed to Stannis and his aid to NW.

ETA: How could I have forgotten? Jon`s decision to kill Janos Slynt. I mean `Edd, fetch me a block`

Jaime saving his little brother from death and freeing him. I always found their relationship to be particularly touching in a story that has precious little "good relationships". Tyrion became greatly embittered towards Jaime in ADWD but I really hope he puts that aside and saves all his fire and brimstone for Sweet Sister Cersei as she is far more deserving of his wrath than Jaime.

Bran deciding to put his boyish fears to the side and travel beyond the Wall to follow his destiny. In this moment he proved that even though he is still half a child, he is the Lord of Winterfell and must protect his realm and do the right thing, even if every part of him is terrified to do so.

Dany's whole handling of her marriage to Drogo. If that's not turning lemons into lemonade I don't know what was. She could have lived her life as a warlord's concubine but she flipped the script and impressed everyone by devoting herself to being the best damn khaleesi she could have been, eating horse hearts and all! She won Drogo's respect and thus his heart. These first signs of true queendom on her part were really great to read.

1. Jon executing Janos Slynt - "Edd fetch me a block."
  2. Daenerys hatching dragons - If Iook back I am lost, Only death can pay for life.
  3. Tyrion placing the chain across the Blackwater.
  4. Renly offering Stannis a peach - "Only Renly could vex me so with a piece of fruit."
  5. Manderly taking a second helping of pie.

Stannis going North; if he'd stayed on Dragonstone he would've died or been arrested or both for sure. Going North was expected by nobody, saved the Night's Watch, earned him major rep points and allowed him another chance at descending upon the South when it would be ravaged by chaos and war.

Drogon deciding to carry Dany off to the grasslands where she could encounter a huge group of plot gifts, err, I mean Dothraki, which she could use as an army.

Hizdahr trying to hijack Dany's rule; this will help in showing her she has no place in Meereen and that it is Westeros where she belongs.

Theon deciding to jump off the walls of Winterfell with Jeyne.

Archived