Sansa, Tyrion and Ser Jaime think she is guilty, will this amount to anything?

Lord Damian

After rereading ASOS, it is clear that Tyrion and Ser Jaime believe Sansa poisoned Joff. Cercei, who will not be back in charge for the time being, also, wants her "brought to justice". Will this play out to anything or just fade away into obscurity.

Whenever the King changes, those former accusations will become futile. Whoever killed the Monster King should be awarded with gold, not sentenced to death.

Anyway, I really think the King will change before they discover where Sansa is. Hopefully, Cersei will be dead by then.

Whenever the King changes, those former accusations will become futile. Whoever killed the Monster King should be awarded with gold, not sentenced to death.

Anyway, I really think the King will change before they discover where Sansa is. Hopefully, Cersei will be dead by then.

I am wondering if any of Cercei's henchmen she unleashed to find Sansa are closing in on her trail in the Vale? i think she will be Aegon's queen but I am thinking more drama regarding her, her link to the Purple Wedding will play out first.

Jaime believed that Tyrion poisoned Joffrey and yet he let him go. So I do not believe that he will feel much hatred against a child that may have had a part in that poisoning.

And Tyrion defended Sansa in his trial, he knows what Joffrey did to Sansa and her family so he will hardly find the murder unforgivable. And trying to get away afterwards would have been understandable from Sansa's side. I am sure that Tyrion did not expect Sansa to care for his fate since no one else, even his own family did not and yet he defended her. He won't hate her later when they meet again, actually he never expected anyone to care for him or any heroic approach in his favor.

I think it will go the other way round: Sansa knows that Tyrion did not poison Joffrey and she might be the one to tell Jaime. Or to support Tyrion in public if he should ever be in danger of paying for the deed he never did.

Jaime believed that Tyrion poisoned Joffrey and yet he let him go. So I do not believe that he will feel much hatred against a child that may have had a part in that poisoning.

And Tyrion defended Sansa in his trial, he knows what Joffrey did to Sansa and her family so he will hardly find the murder unforgivable. And trying to get away afterwards would have been understandable from Sansa's side. I am sure that Tyrion did not expect Sansa to care for his fate since no one else, even his own family did not and yet he defended her. He won't hate her later when they meet again, actually he never expected anyone to care for him or any heroic approach in his favor.

I think it will go the other way round: Sansa knows that Tyrion did not poison Joffrey and she might be the one to tell Jaime. Or to support Tyrion in public if he should ever be in danger of paying for the deed he never did.

No, Ser Jaime believed Sansa did it and Tyrion lied out of spite and confessed to Jaime when he let him out of jail.

I am wondering if any of Cercei's henchmen she unleashed to find Sansa are closing in on her trail in the Vale? i think she will be Aegon's queen but I am thinking more drama regarding her, her link to the Purple Wedding will play out first.

I think Brienne will eventually clash with whoever is looking to bring her to Cersei. But by then Sansa will have the Vale and then Brienne. As for ser Hyle, if he's alive, though his intentions were to hunt down Sansa I think he'll eventually help her too.

As for Jaime, I very much doubt he'll do anything against her. After all, despite the accusations towards her, he told Brienne to rescue her and even gave her a few perks to help her journey.

No, Ser Jaime believed Sansa did it and Tyrion lied out of spite and confessed to Jaime when he let him out of jail.

I know all that, it's written in the book and this information was where the OP started from.

No, I don't think that Jaime would deliver a little girl to Cersei and her justice even if he believed Sansa guilty. He is not the person anymore who threw Bran out of the window. Apart from that no one would ever believe that Sansa developed the murder plan on her own.

I was was showing a most likely turn of events how these misunderstandings and deliberate misinformations might be dissolved in the plot.

I'm sure that at some point Sansa will be unmasked, but I can't see any of the Lannisters being in a position to harm her and at least in the case of Jaime and Tyrion, I agree with Woman of War. I think each has his own reasons for no pursing the matter further. This doesn't mean, however, that Sansa won't find herself in danger as a result of her involvement(?) in Joffrey's murder.

Shadrich the Mad Mouse, the knight that figures out that Brienne is also searching for Sansa. By Alayne's last chapter in AFFC, Shadrich is in the Vale and has already met Alayne. He's a smart guy so it shouldn't take him long to figure out who Sansa is. I'm hoping he will be Sansa's ally though.

Why would she do that? He is an enemy to her.

IIRC, when she thinks about it internally in AFFC her thoughts seemed to be tinged with a bit of regret of what was happening to him, and despite his last name he did in truth nearly always treat her well. Joff was what she imagined a prince to be before realizing he was a monster. If Harry the heir turns out to be another handsome douche bag, I could see that as foreshadowing that she may just end up with Tyrion in the end of all this. The freak, the monster, the half man, the imp may just end up being her knight in shining armor. Almost sounds like one of her stories that she used to love.

Good post , Duke.

And apart from that: if Sansa kept her mouth shut and allowed an innocent to be executed in hope of being conveniently widowed she would be on the same moral level Shae was with her false testimony.

We though do not know to which shade of darkness Sansa's story may take her but so far she has no part in murder.

he did in truth nearly always treat her well.

Better than Joff, that's for sure, but well? Don't think so.

If Harry the heir turns out to be another handsome douche bag

Doubt it. Bronze Yohn wouldn't support a douche.

the imp may just end up being her knight in shining armor.

Shitmouth has a better chance.

if Sansa kept her mouth shut and allowed an innocent to be executed in hope of being conveniently widowed she would be on the same moral level Shae was with her false testimony.

Yup, he didn't kill Joff. But after everything he has done, no one can possibly consider him "innocent", especially not Sansa. She should bring the bad man to justice, even under false pretenses.

Better than Joff, that's for sure, but well? Don't think so.

I think Tyrion is relatively low on the list of people that Sansa would like to "shank in the yard with a broken-off spoon". I don't think she likes him, but she probably harbors more anger towards Queen Cersei, Joffrey, the Boltons, Dunsen, Polliver, Raff the Sweetl---um, well, you know what I mean.

Yup, he didn't kill Joff. But after everything he has done, no one can possibly consider him "innocent", especially not Sansa. She should bring the bad man to justice, even under false pretenses.

I don't think that she should. You can't convict someone of one crime just because you think they may have committed another. Sansa doesn't really have valid probable cause to suspect Tyrion had anything to do with any murder. If the Strangler doesn't fit, you must acquit.

this is indeed an interesting interpretation of justice: just kill him off there will be something he has done for sure.

One basic principle of a proper law system is that people can only be condemned and punished for the crime they have been accused of.

"Kill them all and let God do the sorting" is an equally delightful application of justice

After rereading ASOS, it is clear that Tyrion and Ser Jaime believe Sansa poisoned Joff. Cercei, who will not be back in charge for the time being, also, wants her "brought to justice". Will this play out to anything or just fade away into obscurity.

Jaime sent Brienne to protect Sansa, quite sincerely from his POV chapters, so I don't see any basis for thinking he wants her tried.

He burned thousands alive at the bay.

you are right that indeed every battle commander can be seen as war criminal in those completely unnecessary wars that only serve the interests of some members of noble houses while everyone else is collateral damage. But even Robb ordered the devastating of the enemies' lands and I guess his soldiers did not ask politely if they may burn, kill, rape and steal.

So French Revolution : every nobleman shortened by a head? Justified? For sure a different story.

Archived