Tyrion's shadow (more a funny thought than a theory)

My recent post in a different part of the forum:

This thread is very nice, i agree that the big shadow means mostly his big potential for ruling and doing good that he is partly drinking and whoring away instead of developing it more.

I like Tyrion a lot and i hope his character arc will take another turn for the better. I would be glad if he did something good for the realm (possibly getting the the Dragons to not kill too many people in their war) and even maybe become a Hand of the King.

I also think he will surely end up in the North again and play a part against Others.

It would be interesting if he met Jon and Bran again.

And there is another thing i can not get out of my head. It is a bit silly but i will write it anyway:

Id like that Tyrion does something good, intelligent and not magical. But today i have a strange thought in my head - him bedding Mel and creating a powerful shadow to defeat the Great Other xD.

Pero, welcome to the forum. Sorry for being noisy, but where do you come from?

This doesn't work for me. Tyrion's shadow is already behind Dance of dragons 2.0, and I think he'll have a lot of impact there, but I doubt he'll be involved in Battle against the Others. I wouldn't like that everybody is involved in everything... Each to its own

First, welcome to the forum! Hope you'll have a good time over here!

Second: :shocked:

Tyrion's going to bed Mel to create a shadow baby now? Oh wow. You're sure about the only one with that thought. Nothing is impossible, I suppose, but that's maybe far out there. They're not even on the same continent.

You seem to like Tyrion. Why would you want to take his shadow away from him, turn him into less just like what happened to Stannis? Mel thinks Stannis cannot survive another one with her, perhaps Tyrion could hardly survive one due to his physical body being smaller. He's got a tough life already without adding that to it.

I'm at this moment not seeing Tyrion as the driving force for defeating the Others. His presence in battles was a bit unbelievable for some people, I think, so perhaps it will be left at that.

Tyrion's shadow and him being in the midst of all certainly means that he will play a huge role in the story to come and the endgame. If this is as battle commander or as lonely maverick realizing the one creative trick to bring down the others - how could we know? It is foreshadowed that he will be in the thicket off events - yet do I want to know the details now?

Tyrion's shadow and him being in the midst of all certainly means that he will play a huge role in the story to come and the endgame. If this is as battle commander or as lonely maverick realizing the one creative trick to bring down the others - how could we know? It is foreshadowed that he will be in the thicket off events - yet do I want to know the details now?

I really like Tyrion - see my username - but I don't want to know about it right now. It would spoil the pleasure of reading the upcoming books.

EDith adds her say: welcome to the boards! :cheers:

I mean Moqorro says:

A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all.

The end of Jon's meeting with Tyrion:

When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king.

Varys to Tyrion:

And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Aemon on Tyrion:

"I think he is a giant come among us, here at the end of the world."

Remember, Aemon's blind.

Point is, I think people who see more clearly than others - Moqorro the prohpect, Jon the perceptive bastard of destiny, Varys the spymaster, Aemon the blind Targ maester - all see that Tyrion is a man who, despite his height and other deformities and disabilities, is uniquely gifted and fated to have an outsize impact on the world.

Archived