Tyrion forgot Littlefinger framed him?

GGK1986

Finished rereading Game of Thrones and this stayed with me; When Tyrion is seized by Catelyn and taken to the Vale, he learns that Littlefinger said to Catelyn that it was his dagger.

Tyrion is infamous for his wits, why has he never put two and two together and confronted Littlefinger? We know he does not trust Littlefinger in Clash of Kings, but I don't recall this subject being discussed.

Yes, there is not much that Tyrion can do at that point as he realizes that Peter is a witty player in the game too, I think he was just putting a pin in the revenge plan until he gathered his strength in power, now his plate is obviously too full to even think about it. He will not forget though, if thier paths ever meet again, depending on the circumstanses, it will be interesting.

Yes, there is not much that Tyrion can do at that point as he realizes that Peter is a witty player in the game too, I think he was just putting a pin in the revenge plan until he gathered his strength in power, now his plate is obviously too full to even think about it. He will not forget though, if thier paths ever meet again, depending on the circumstanses, it will be interesting.

Like, if he lands in the Vale with Dany and a few dragons!

Tyrion doesn't have a network in place the way LF does, so it's harder for him to take action. Not as easy for someone prominent like LF to disappear into a bowl of brown the way the bard did, or for Shagga to cut off his manhood and feed it to the goats. Tyrion made a move toward getting LF away from the center of power but lost the initiative after the Blackwater and LF framed him for the Purple Wedding. At which point Tyrion was powerless.

Unfortunatly, Tyrion had to deal with a lot of issues upon arriving in King's Landing, and never really had the time to properly remove Littlefinger with the precision that would be required, especially since LF's skills proved neccesary to beating Stannis. After the Blackwater Tyrion had the time, but by then Tywin was back and such a move would have been impossible, particularly since LF had "left" town.

LF framing of Tyrion for the Purple Wedding could be seen as a clever way of removing this poential issue from ever coming to a head, though Baelish owes his survival as much to Stannis march towards KL as he does his own intelligence.

Archived