Greatest of Their Name: Stark Edition

The title is fairly self explanatory; of all known, recorded Starks, just who is the greatest of their name? Bran the Builder, (purported) founder of House Stark and builder of both Winterfell and The Wall? Or maybe you think it's Eddard "Ned" Stark, noble till the end? Perhaps Brandon "Bran McWargington" Stark, possibly the most powerful living being in current Planetos? Sound off here!

For me, I'd say King Rodrik Stark. He gave Bear Island to the Mormonts when he defeated the then occupying Ironborn in a wrestling match. No individual Ironborn is named, and as Ironborn is typically used as a plural term, it's seemingly implied he wrestled the entire Ironborn people in a hardcore handicap match, and then took the island from them.

Although Bran is certainly one of the most powerful Starks, I doubt history will remember him for being greenseer and the Old God. And that;s just sad...

I think Stark ladies will be remembered. Lyanna, the Queen Mother, Arya, the wolf lady, and Sansa, the Queen... :). I couldn't resist.

Although Bran is certainly one of the most powerful Starks, I doubt history will remember him for being greenseer and the Old God. And that;s just sad...

I think Stark ladies will be remembered. Lyanna, the Queen Mother, Arya, the wolf lady, and Sansa, the Queen... :). I couldn't resist.

Truthfully, and allow me to preface this by saying I'm not a grand Sansa fan (but she's ok in my book), I think Sansa Lannistarkyng will wind up being remembered greater than anyone from her era of Starks (including Bran, Rickon, Robb, and Arya)... I'm not sure why/how, but she'll have her day.

His Imperial and Royal Majesty Jon Diredragon or Snowdragon or Starkdragon or Snow first of his name. The King of Winter and the Dragon of the North.Azor Ahai reborn, Last hero, the Prince that was Promised. King of the the First Men. Lord of the North, the Vale, the Iron Isles the Riverlands, and Beyond the Wall

Truthfully, and allow me to preface this by saying I'm not a grand Sansa fan (but she's ok in my book), I think Sansa Lannistarkyng will wind up being remembered greater than anyone from her era of Starks (including Bran, Rickon, Robb, and Arya)... I'm not sure why/how, but she'll have her day.

My dear friend, I will forgive you this time, but if you ever call my Queen a Lannister, we'll have some problems to solve :)

His Imperial and Royal Majesty Jon Diredragon or Snowdragon or Starkdragon or Snow first of his name. The King of Winter and the Dragon of the North.Azor Ahai reborn, Last hero, the Prince that was Promised. King of the the First Men. Lord of the North, the Vale, the Iron Isles the Riverlands, and Beyond the Wall

What Julia Stiles said in Mona Lisa Smile: 'It makes me a pompeuos ass` :)

Imma sine your pitty on the runny kine, my dilly.

See, my damie, Strongest Of All Belwas don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?

My dear friend, I will forgive you this time, but if you ever call my Queen a Lannister, we'll have some problems to solve :)

... My apologies, Mladen...

:leaving:

lol

Technically, Rhaegar died before the king did. I think Lyanna will be remembered as a Helen of Troy type figure although without being called the most beautiful. The point with having the men who claimed to love her fighting for her-I believe this was mentioned about songs of hers.

Arya sadly with the mentions of Jenny's song, a slight similarity to Danny Flint with pretending to be a boy in the NW (Yoren), & IRL song Molly Malone inspiring Cat she may be one of those who has a sad song about her a century later. That depends if the "Arya" ruse stops though.

Poor Bran may not be remembered much if he stays in the cave. Some may say no one knows whatever happened to Bran.

Robb will be remembered depending on whose talking about him. King who Lost the North or King who restored kingship to the North. It's like Dareon I. Some will see him as a hero the others as a complete failure.

As for a lot of the other Stark kings I think we know too little. We only have details on a few of them.

Brandon the Builder is a myth according to GRRM.

Archived