Two Conflicting Theories

-Valyrian-

I think everyone's ignoring a very big issue: why would Jon tell anybody and why in gods name would anyone believe him?

Imagine the scenario:

Jon: "look everyone I'm Rhaegar Targaryen's son! I'm the rightful king!" :D

Everybody: "who the fuck are you?" <_< "we have a chick with dragons, a dude with an army and they look like Targaryens. What do you have?"

Jon: "err… a Crag man and a crippled kid" :(

No one's going to believe Jon, so the two theories don't conflict.

Still sticking to Aegon being a pretender

I believe that Jon will be the new King of Winter once the wall is destroyed, the wildlings will make him King but they will never kneel and neither will Jon to the Iron Throne. Cersie will destroy KL killing her own children unknowingly in her desire for vengence of the Faith and her loss of power to the Tyrells. (I believe she will be Aerys reborn).

Aegon VI has already styled himself as King of Westeros, his threats are Tommen who now will be controlled by Mace and Margarey Tyrell, Stannis who is preoccupied with the Boltens and Freys, Euron Greyjoy who has the Warlocks and I believe about ready to take Oldtown. With Varys help Ageon will walk right in the backdoor ,so to speak, to claim the throne and Cersie will have Ser Strong kill him and she will have KL burnt to the ground before she will let anybody else have it! The Tyrells will be long gone before then, going home to regain Oldtown from Euron. There will be no Iron Throne, it will become a lot of petty kingdoms fighting each other for survival from the Others.

Then I think Dany will land in Dorne on Vic Greyjoys ships after she destroys him with all her thousands of freed slaves like Nymeria did a thousand years ago, but instead of a Martell she will pick Jon because he will have the biggest army and help him destroy the Others instead of fighting for the Iron Throne which no longer exists. I think that the PTWP is Dany's son who will be the Aegon VII. The seventh Aegon being the one who unites the realmes of Men. (Like the Storm King and Dany is afterall the child of Storm)

yikes she really is a fangirl for jon..........

I think everyone's ignoring a very big issue: why would Jon tell anybody and why in gods name would anyone believe him?

Imagine the scenario:

Jon: "look everyone I'm Rhaegar Targaryen's son! I'm the rightful king!" :D

Everybody: "who the fuck are you?" <_< "we have a chick with dragons, a dude with an army and they look like Targaryens. What do you have?"

Jon: "err… a Crag man and a crippled kid" :(

No one's going to believe Jon, so the two theories don't conflict.

Still sticking to Aegon being a pretender

If the theory of L + R being married is true, it would require a Septon to have been present, perhaps a Maester. If the world is to believe Jon is a Targ, I'm fairly certain there will be some type of paper trail making it legitimate otherwise it's a useless plot point.

Just because R + L = J doesn't mean that Jon will become King. I subscribe (mostly, have my doubts) to R + L = J, but do most certainly not believe he will be King. Ever.

If the theory of L + R being married is true, it would require a Septon to have been present, perhaps a Maester. If the world is to believe Jon is a Targ, I'm fairly certain there will be some type of paper trail making it legitimate otherwise it's a useless plot point.

I see it as a red herring and a deconstruction of the "Hidden Heritage" plot. Jon, if Aegon is fake/a Blackfyre, would technically be the rightful King. Fairly common plot, only Jon is a member of the Night's Watch, and has forsaken any inheritance anyways. He might have the heritage, but unlike so many "Hidden Heritage" plots, he doesn't need to/can't/won't pursue it. He is a child, and that's it.

It can also be used to show that one's perception of a person is more important than who the person actually is. Tommen is a bastard child of a Lannister and another Lannister. He had no claim to the throne, but there he sits. Jon is the result of a love affair and possible marriage, as well as a possible claimant/heir to the Iron Throne, but he's at the Night's Watch, freezing his rear off, fighting the Others and being awesome with Stannis.

Why should the world believe Jon is a Targ?

So what if him finding out his true parentage doesn't mean anything?

Is it really that important to the story as a whole? All it gives to the plot is another useless contender

And that's all if Jon even cares about being king! Which he won't!

Or a heart tree?

Is it really that important to the story as a whole? All it gives to the plot is another useless contender

My point exactly. I think that the series will end with Jon figuring/finding it out, but ultimately, not caring.

Or a heart tree?

Then Bran finds out. Who'd believe the words of a cripple who's well on his way to becoming a tree?

Jon's Army for the Iron Throne:

Pyp, Grenn, and co.

Samwell (When he gets back)

Bran (Who's almost a tree)

Howland Reed

Hodor

Meera and Jojen Reed

A random hobo from KL

Tormund Giantsbane

...Wait, scratch that last one, that'd actually give Jon the best chance out of anyone.

I don't think the world will find out. I think he will, but as he has no intention or interest in leaving the NW for WF,I doubt he'll have any more interest in the IT. He'll find out for himself, and possibly some of the Stark kids will know. But any power he will have will come from being LC of the NW not from his parents IMO.

I don't think the world will find out. I think he will, but as he has no intention or interest in leaving the NW for WF,I doubt he'll have any more interest in the IT. He'll find out for himself, and possibly some of the Stark kids will know. But any power he will have will come from being LC of the NW not from his parents IMO.

Exactly :D

Why fans think he'll suddenly go all Dany and start screaming abot his birthright is beyond me

Then I think Dany will land in Dorne on Vic Greyjoys ships after she destroys him with all her thousands of freed slaves like Nymeria did a thousand years ago, but instead of a Martell she will pick Jon because he will have the biggest army [...]

Come inside my tent, girl. I want to show you my... "army".

Best nickname ever.

Why fans think he'll suddenly go all Dany and start screaming abot his birthright is beyond me

Oh, what do you know? You don`t even know the difference between Gatomon and Pikachu :P

But seriously, I don`t see Jon making the IT his new life`s purpose. That`s just not how Ned raised him. It`s a shame though because ha could become a good king.

Oh, what do you know? You don`t even know the difference between Gatomon and Pikachu :P

But seriously, I don`t see Jon making the IT his new life`s purpose. That`s just not how Ned raised him. It`s a shame though because ha could become a good king.

:o I do to! Gatomon is Kari's Digimon who digivolves into Angewomon and Pikachu is an electric type Pokemon who is recognised as Ash's sidekick.

True that :) Jon would know better than to fight for something he doesn't know the first thing about. He lacks the self entitlement all the other Targaryens have

Everyone's drifting away from the topic:

Jon's the real deal but he doesn't care, no one else cares and no one will believe him anyway

Aegon's a fake (too awesome for him to not be) but he thinks he's the real deal, he cares, everyone else believes him as well.

Perfect ending and it shows just how powerful the Game of Thrones is :D

:o I do to! Gatomon is Kari's Digimon who digivolves into Angewomon and Pikachu is an electric type Pokemon who is recognised as Ash's sidekick.

True, except Ash is Pikachu`s sidekick

Everyone's drifting away from the topic:

Jon's the real deal but he doesn't care, no one else cares and no one will believe him anyway

Aegon's a fake (too awesome for him to not be) but he thinks he's the real deal, he cares, everyone else believes him as well.

Perfect ending and it shows just how powerful the Game of Thrones is :D

When you put it like this, it really makes a lot of sense, but Aegon winning would be (for me, anyway...) the worst ending ever. The guy shows up in the end when almost all the fighting has been done and wins? Way too unfair even for asoiaf

True, except Ash is Pikachu`s sidekick

My mistake :P

When you put it like this, it really makes a lot of sense, but Aegon winning would be (for me, anyway...) the worst ending ever. The guy shows up in the end when almost all the fighting has been done and wins? Way too unfair even for asoiaf

But it wouldn't be Aegon who won, it would be Varys ;)

I can totally see George doing that, it would be like Henry VII :D

it's just so not his style! He's about honor and duty (like Ned, he's not going to forsake his NW vows, even if he is resurrected (I don't think he'll actually die). He'll stay with the NW, and if they disband, he'll support Rickon over trying to claim anything himself. Unless there is some crazy personality change, he's not going to be interested in the Throne.

I don't get why everyone on this thread thinks Aegon is so awesome. He kind of comes off as a cocky, spoiled bastard to me.

And Jon would be a much better king, but I agree its unlikely he goes after it. But people on here just instantaneously dismiss the idea like there is no possible way but there is always a possibility. Jon could easily raise the Vale lords(assuming Sansa takes the reins) and all the North to his cause if he tried a little bit. And there's always the possibility of an alliance with Dany (which I hope LF is setting up the Vale to be Dany's army)

He wouldn't see it as his birthright but as his duty(kind of like Dany starts to see it in Mereen) because duty was obviously an important trait to Ned Stark. That is an easily plausible explanation of Jon going after the IT, although I believe it unlikely, I don't dismiss it very easily because the hints are really ambiguous at this point and I am not one of the 3 people in the world that actually know.

Also the pure importance that GRRM has placed on his parentage (Like asking Dan and DB who Jon Snow's mother was) is possibly hinting that Jon's parenthood will have huge ramifications on the outcome of the realm or at the very least his story arc. And that's whether he is legitimate or not.

I don't know if Dany and Aegon have dance 2.0 then they might end up killing each other and Jon ends up inheriting anyways.

People say this but I don't think Dany would kill Aegon.

A) he's her only family

B ) she can marry him off to one of the noblewoman

C) I don't think Varys or Tyrion would let her

D) If someone dies I'm hoping it's only Dany

Even if both of them die, Jon isn't going to be given the throne

Archived