Water dancing vs Westerosi Knights

repbypop

You don't think that the lack of a tourney tradition in the North would influence it? Note that i'm refering to heavy cavalary, not other types of cavalary units. Domeric as heir to the dreadfort, is very much a exception. Robb or Jon never squired at all.

Influence their training? Or their ability? We know Robb and Jon trained almost constantly, it was as much part of their education as math, or history, but i would think something they both took a lot more notice of because its "cooler". So training wise i dont think their would be a huge difference. I would think some kids would still be sent to other castles to train from a young age etcetc

Overall i would say other regions such as the West, have more and better equipped heavy cavalry, because they are richer and the whole "chivalry" ideal. Ability wise though i would say a heavy Northern is very much on a par with those from any region, if you take the average from both. Of course, the west does have better elite warriors-Sandor, Gregor and Jaime arent matched by any Northerner

Influence their training? Or their ability? We know Robb and Jon trained almost constantly, it was as much part of their education as math, or history, but i would think something they both took a lot more notice of because its "cooler". So training wise i dont think their would be a huge difference. I would think some kids would still be sent to other castles to train from a young age etcetc

Overall i would say other regions such as the West, have more and better equipped heavy cavalry, because they are richer and the whole "chivalry" ideal. Ability wise though i would say a heavy Northern is very much on a par with those from any region, if you take the average from both. Of course, the west does have better elite warriors-Sandor, Gregor and Jaime arent matched by any Northerner

Greatjon would cleave those summer knights in half :fencing: :D

You don't think that the lack of a tourney tradition in the North would influence it? Note that i'm refering to heavy cavalary, not other types of cavalary units. Domeric as heir to the dreadfort, is very much a exception. Robb or Jon never squired at all.

I don't really think that tourneys have any effect on how fighters train and how skilled they are at all.

Does the north lack of a tourney tradition? I remember Theon saying that he has won honor in tourneys melees.

But each of the old kingdoms is bigger than Britain I am fairly sure - One may be betterofflookng atthe history of European warfare for where Westerosi sea power would be.

i know and they kinda do but it's not unified and it has to do with some stupid things that happened like brandon the burner burning the stark fleet

and Nymeria burning the 10k ships (feeling stupid as i just answered my own question :bang: )

sending children was more of a political thing not training thing

and the north has plenty of elite warriors like the greatjon and brandon

as for jamie , ever heard of Cregan Stark he would wipe the floor with jamie

The North has quite a bit armored horse that are not knights. As in, they have not taken vows. Maester Luwin says as much to Bran. There is no real reason to believe those would be worse fighters than knights.

It's a myth that an armored knight is not mobile on foot. The weight is well distributed and they train their entire lives to carrying it without problem. There are accounts of armored knights running, jumping and even swimming in their armor.

They are still mobile, to an extent, They are obviously less mobile than mounted troops. Also running in armor IS tiring, considering battles last quite a while.

It's a myth that an armored knight is not mobile on foot. The weight is well distributed and they train their entire lives to carrying it without problem. There are accounts of armored knights running, jumping and even swimming in their armor.

You've forgotten the cartwheels and flic-flacs even some modern guys do in their armor.

Don't know about somersaults though, they don't get mentioned. Maybe they are finally somewhat too difficult for the standard knight.

sending children was more of a political thing not training thing

and the north has plenty of elite warriors like the greatjon and brandon

as for jamie , ever heard of Cregan Stark he would wipe the floor with jamie

Current crop. GJ seems like a beast, but even then i would think he is matched by the other three. And yes id say i have heard of all things Stark out there :)

i advise you to read this thread by E-ro http://asoiaf.wester...re-in-westeros/

it should set your views of westerosi armies straight

Good post but no. The majority of Westroi's forces as we all know are levies. The outfitting of the troops varies as the wealth of the lords varies. The analysis on the quotes are well done, The Lannister have well trained troops,but considering all the times I have read boiled leather over and over again throughout the series and considering how the Lannister's wealth would effect their army, they seem to be the exception not the rule.

Current crop. GJ seems like a beast, but even then i would think he is matched by the other three. And yes id say i have heard of all things Stark out there :)

to us stark people :cheers: and i think cregan was a badass of the worst kind i really wanna know more about these old starks hope it's in the world book

But each of the old kingdoms is bigger than Britain I am fairly sure - One may be betterofflookng atthe history of European warfare for where Westerosi sea power would be.

Correct - the 7K are no more of an island than say, Canada or Russia. Sure, they all have a long coastline but are nearly the size of continents. Despite the British-isms Westeros is far larger, more akin to the USA/Canada: one large culture bloc covering nearly an entire continent.

I go with a knight they got heavy movable plate armor long swords shields but a water dancer has fencing but that slim longsword couldn't handle the strikes and power from a knights sword. I mean studying how to fight like a knight having sword like the show where it is one handed with a nice width and length with power behind it would destroy a water dancers sword

I go with a knight they got heavy movable plate armor long swords shields but a water dancer has fencing but that slim longsword couldn't handle the strikes and power from a knights sword. I mean studying how to fight like a knight having sword like the show where it is one handed with a nice width and length with power behind it would destroy a water dancers sword

I agree the Knights would win,But not this way man,Breaking swords isn't easy,It's probably best left to the Samurai movies.

• 1 year later...

Archived