Lines That Give You Chills Everytime

mindchap

I find Maggy's line very creepy..

"Not Jaime, nor any other man, Worms will have your maidenhead. Your death is here tonight, little one. Can you smell her breath? She is very close."

One of the most terrifying lines of the saga.

More so because it came true just like she said it would.

Bolton...need i say more?

"Roose has no feelings you see. Those leeches that he loves so well sucked all the passion out of him years ago. He does not love, he does not hate, he does not grieve. This is a game to him, mildly diverting. Some men hunt, some hawk, some tumble dice. Roose plays with men. You and me, these Freys, Lord Manderly, his plump new wife, his bastard, we are all his playthings." Dude's a seriously scary guy, and he's still less evil than Ramsay....This time around i couldn't read the bit where he makes Reek "help" him with "Arya".

I also have a serious problem with Lady Stoneheart, i liked Catelyn, and Stoneheart's her with all the likeable bits taken out. Grrrrr Catelyn deserved better....

No godless man may sit the Seastone Chair!

"Who knows more of gods than I?

Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air… I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy …protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence .”

He laughed.

“Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray.

• 1 month later...

When Jojen talks about the sea coming to Winterfell...holy shit that still sends shivers down my spine.

All of the Ghost of Highheart's prophecies, especially when you read then for the second time and you know what they're referring to.

'King's blood, fool's blood, blood on the maiden's thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye, aye, aye.' Also creepier on the reread.

As aforementioned 'Only Cat'.

Tower of Joy gets me every time:

"He deamt an old dream, of three knights in white cloaks, and a tower long fallen, and Lyanna in her bed of blood."

"I looked for you on The Trident.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light."

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

Pretty much every line is gold.

"When you play the game of thrones: you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

"Hang them."

"Lord Walder! Lord Walder, enough!"

"Ser Illyn: Bring me his head."

"Look to your sins, Lord Renly: the night is dark and full of terrors."

"... but never think that means I've forgotten. The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done. My son is home."

"Is this meant to be your shield, Lord Stark? A piece of paper."

And the G.O.A.T: "Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK."

“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.

“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends"

My personal favorite in the entire series

"You have no witness!"

"As it happens, you're wrong there. Milady?"

The outlaws parted as she came forward, saying no word. When she lowered her hood, something tightened inside Merrett's chest, and for a moment he could not breathe. No. No, I saw her die. She was dead for a day and night before they stripped her naked and threw her body in the river. Raymund opened her throat from ear to ear. She was dead.

Archived