Lines That Give You Chills Everytime

mindchap

Normally, Wylla's speech about promise and Wyman's "North remembers, lord Davos" are my favorites...

But there is one that I always found chilling, I haven't seen it quoted on this thread and it comes from the most unexpected man - Doran Martell

“All Dorne will howl,” said Doran Martell in a tired voice. “I only pray Lord Tywin hears them in King’s Landing, so he might know what a loyal friend he has in Sunspear.”

"I know about the promise...Maestor Theomare, tell them!  A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new.  When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us, and protected us against our enemies.  The city is built upon the land they gave us.  In return we swore that we will always be their men.  Stark men!" - Wylla Manderly 

Still gives me chills. When the Manderlys were at their lowest point, it was the Starks who took them in. Saved them. They've flourished since. They owe. Manderly intends to repay what he can. I fucking love this quote.

Winter is coming, warned the Stark words, and truly it had come for them with a vengeance. But it is high summer for House Lannister. So why am I so bloody cold?
I saved you all, Tyrion thought. I saved this vile city and all your worthless lives.
“You are going to fight that?” Ellaria Sand said in a hushed voice.“I am going to kill that,” her lover replied carelessly.
You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children.
When the cold winds rise, we shall live or die together.
I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm’s End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?

Especially those last three quotes .

“It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting… The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed. “Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.— Catelyn Stark”

- This.

Archived