FEMA camps?

The Crow

Um, I do read most of my news on the internet. From as large a variety of sources as I have time to go through. I am awake and aware but I'm also skeptical and analytic. And much of your current line paranoia simply doesn't hold up. I've encountered fears surrounding what is termed Rex 84 before as well as Garden Plot. Mostly from sites that don't supply sources or documentation. Rather under those names or different names its almost certain that at various times the US government has had various plans to attempt to maintain control in the face of wide-spread civil disorder or a cataclysmic disaster. Specifically the theories around Rex 84 date back to the early 80's, when the government would certainly have had emergency plans to try to maintain some level of order in the case of nuclear war. I'm equally sure that there are plans in place to maintain some level of control in the case such events as the outbreak of a society crippling disease or similar natural disaster. The existence of these kind of plans doesn't not mean there is a current scheme running that would implement marshal law in anything except extreme situations. Its easy to take diverse pieces of information out of context and then stitch them together into a sensational "truth".

Fair enough.

Do you consider an event such as USA declaring bankruptcy or the global collapse of the dollar as an event worthy of the government suspending the Constitution?

I don't, but I think it will happen anyway. People today in America have no idea how bad our lives will be if/when this event occurs. Everything about our entire society and way of life will collapse, and every country in the world we be economically affected. Also, throughout history, events like this have been the major root cause of global wars.

If you havent noticed, the rest of the world is pretty angry at us due to not paying our debts and not paying back gold that other countries gave to us to hold for safe keeping after WW2. (The international bankers stole it all with help from their pawns Bush I and II, Clinton and Obama.)

Read up on Russia and China gearing up for war to protect Syria and Iran, and the rhetoric of patriots in the USA against the admin. I think that shit is about to go down, though I hope I am wrong. Of course the people are too obsessed with this Zimmerman BS to even notice what is going on in the real world right now.

So what's the difference between these alleged FEMA camps and Guantanamo? Just the fact that the former will hold Real Americans and the latter Dirty Foreigners?

That's basically it, apparently.

Looking at the alleged FEMA camps, most are military bases and federal prisons.

Doesn't that sort of call attention to the idea that the US government can just put its prisoners in federal prison rather than building FEMA camps? (Why FEMA? Why not DHS or CIA black sites or the Pentagon?)

Besides, if they were really doing this I'd like to think that Raidne would just tell us so that we're not surprised when the stormtroopers kick down our stores.

Doesn't that sort of call attention to the idea that the US government can just put its prisoners in federal prison rather than building FEMA camps? (Why FEMA? Why not DHS or CIA black sites or the Pentagon?)

Besides, if they were really doing this I'd like to think that Raidne would just tell us so that we're not surprised when the stormtroopers kick down our stores.

Prisoners in dept of corrections are people who are convicted of Federal and state crimes on the books.

People that may be sent to FEMA camps will probably be political opposition or people who refuse to comply with unconstitutional orders.

You'll never be a good conspiracy theorist with that attitude. You think Alex Jones and Whitley Strieber bother looking for proof?

Anyway, all the "proof" a conspiracy theorist needs are some newspaper clippings. It worked for Charles Fort.

I'd warrant there are lots of little "conspiracies" that occur everyday due to corruption and cozy relationships between regulators and businesses, with government officials stealing funds or misrepresenting their programs' successes/failures, various actions abroad we aren't made aware of, etc.

I've little doubt that corporations are always looking at ways to sell me something or keep me in the dark about how bad side effects can be for the products put into our bodes or environment, or how much suffering it took to get me the T-shirt I'm wearing or the meat on my plate.

Yet conspiracy theorists often go beyond all of this stuff that can be mitigated, if not solved, by non-violent action and talk about things that we don't have solid evidence for and would require some kind of civil war to resolve.

Some contractor getting preferential treatment because his brother in law is on the city council won't get many hits on your website, or sell many books. The same goes for the horrid conditions in the factory where your $7 T-shirt was made.

You need the apocalyptic rhetoric to get attention. Hell, forget a civil war with the feds (or even the UN) as the bad guys- the really great Conspiracy Theorists enlist Aliens or Satan to be the main villain. Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe made a comfortable living scaring the shit out of people with more money than sense.

A really good Conspiracy Theory is a lot like the kind of thinking that gets you hospitalized in a mental ward. "I see it now, it all makes sense! Everything is connected!"

Archived