Unintentional humour

Steinnis

Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S826JTO9snQ#t=17s

How can you even come back from that. Such a mean thing to say, but... damn.

I feel like quoting something of Stannis, but I'm not sure if the humour is unintentional on his part. He might be a secret comedian turned bitter because no one gets his jokes...

I crack up at just about everything Dolorous Edd says.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints – 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do...'"

"Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we'll be next. Likely I'll be the first too. 'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for laying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got first watch tonight.' Well, I shouldn't be so gloomy. Might be I'll die before they work it out."

Your boat is not like to sink, I don't think. Boats only sick when I'm aboard.

My favorite though is when Pyp is telling him how they named the scarecrows after the absent brothers and were taking bets on who would get the most. He tells Edd that he was winning until the very end when Watt got three in the last day.

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained, "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from the axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

Damphair is hilarious. I almost died when he told that guy that no blood is spilled if Euron drowned lord Botley in barrel

When Theon asks him if anything has changed on the islands and he replies

“Men fish the sea, dig in the earth, and die. Women birth children in blood and pain, and die. Night follows day. The winds and tides remain. The islands are as our god made them.”

Then Theon is thinking "Gods he has grown grim!"

for some reason gets me every time.

When Theon asks him if anything has changed on the islands and he replies

“Men fish the sea, dig in the earth, and die. Women birth children in blood and pain, and die. Night follows day. The winds and tides remain. The islands are as our god made them.”

Then Theon is thinking "Gods he has grown grim!"

for some reason gets me every time.

Damphair, Stannis, Dolorous Edd all three considered grim and dull. People of Westeros seem to reject their best comedians

This is when Dany and her court find out that Brown Ben had gone over to the Yunkish side:

"Reznak was wailing, the shavepate was muttering darkly and her bloodriders were swearing vengence."

It just felt like such a circus and after the line above was something along the lines of Strong Belwas promising to eat Plum's heart.

I crack up at just about everything Dolorous Edd says.

My favorite though is when Pyp is telling him how they named the scarecrows after the absent brothers and were taking bets on who would get the most. He tells Edd that he was winning until the very end when Watt got three in the last day.

Amazing.

I'll add another...

Stannis speaking of Gilly.

''Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her then. I will not suffer such abominations here, this is not King's Landing.''

This is why stannis is the second funniest character Dolorous edd is the funniest.

This is why Edd is hilarious

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"

"Once they figure a way to work a dead horse, we'll be next. Likely I'll be the first too. 'Edd,' they'll say, 'dying's no excuse for laying down no more, so get on up and take this spear, you've got first watch tonight.' Well, I shouldn't be so gloomy. Might be I'll die before they work it out."

Victarion's actions are often hilarious. "Saving" the slaves bound for the leasure houses in Lys, only to kill half of them just because.

Declaring he would sail the Dothraki sea.

His monkey-related angst.

I remember seeing a particularly funny comic about Victarion's Essos-related angst.

Victarion's actions are often hilarious. "Saving" the slaves bound for the leasure houses in Lys, only to kill half of them just because.

Declaring he would sail the Dothraki sea.

His monkey-related angst.

yes this was fucking hilarious... Sail Dothraki Sea

A lot of what Jon Snow says and thinks. I don't think it really is unintentional on GRRM or Jon's part, but it's often coming out of nowhere and it often cracks me up. Those who say Jon has no humour is dead wrong IMO.

Mormont moved to the fire. "The Halfhand. And past time." He had grown more restive every day they waited; much longer and he would have been fit to whelp cubs. "See that there's hot food for the men and fodder for the horses. I'll see Qhorin at once."

Archived