Heresy 64

Black Crow

I am currently moving, so do not have clear access to my books, but the wiki page of the AA theory says:

Was the prophecy truly made by dragons or is this a mistake that crept into the wiki pages?

I agree - there is no good and evil (which is why I wrote 'evil'). But reading heresy 64 gives me the feeling that such a thing has somehow crept into the theory.

The CotF seem to be in league with the Others, who are used to cleanse lands north of the Wall from pesky humans - or so I would summarize the latest discussion here. There seems to be an 'evil' side there - at least from a human point of view.

I do not think the CotF have something against humans in general, though I do not believe they are good-hearted fairies.

The thing I keep falling over is this idea that the CotF control the Others and through them the wights. If the CotF are the power behind ice, why are they connected to earth and forests? And what is the power behind fire?

It seems to me that ice has a distinct advantage over fire going by the current discussion (as I understand it from reading these last 20 pages). Namely that they have both the larger numbers and different sentient species to form an army with: undead creatures, the Others, the CotF, the wargs and greenseers vs three dragons and three (?) fire demons fighting with a human army in the name of R'hllor. Assuming that humans who get killed will turn into wights to join the Others' army, it seems fire doesn't stand a chance. Which can hardly aid in restoring balance - a thing I agree will most likely be the outcome of aSoIaF.

So please enlighten me. ;) What am I missing?

And then there's the Drowned God. I find it very strange so much attention is given to him (through the Greyjoys and Patchface). He is not just (from) another religion, but a force of nature too, I think.

On Braavos, it had seemed possible that Aemon might recover. Xhondo's talk of dragons had almost seemed to restore the old man to himself. That night he ate every bite Sam put before him. "No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King's Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it." Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. "I must go to her. I must. Would that I was even ten years younger."

And with that, I bid you all continue the discussion in Heresy 65, opening now.

And submitting for a lock, please direct all further questions, comments, or concerns into Heresy 65.

Thank you for flying the Cracked Pot Express; have a nice day. :cheers:

Archived