Jorah Mormont taking the Black..

355Lion

The first part of your post was what I was thinking when I saw the thread title.

But doesn't BR still have Dark Sister?

Never confirmed. We know Brynden Rivers possessed it for some time, though he preferred to use his weirwood bow. However, at some point in time, he was jailed and eventually sent to the Wall. Would any Targaryen monarch let him keep one of the two most prized heirlooms of the House if he was going to serve a lifetime sentence more than half a continent away? Maybe, but it certainly isn't obvious by any stretch.

I don't think he'd take the Black, even if he knew that his father had loved him and had it had been his dying wish. I do love Jorah, he tries bless him, he makes some bad choices, especially about the women he gets mixed up with, but i'd love him to see Bear Island again before he died. I don't think he'll ever desert Dany, i agree with you there, whether she wants him or not. If Dany ever does get around to invading Westeros she'll need every Westerosi Knight she can get on her side, and a notherner like Ser Jorah would be very useful. I think she was an idiot to send him away, but that's just me, i just prefer him to Daario, even in print...

Archived