Jorah Mormont taking the Black..

355Lion

I think that when he made the decision to stop reporting on Dany and be true to her cause he saw it as a way to "redeem" his honor, as it were. When he tells Dany about his wife, and what he did for her he almost sounds ashamed of what happened.

Ashamed he may have been, but I would not confuse his lust for a 14 year old girl with some notion of honor. He has never been truly honorable, rather he always seems closer to the hypocritical honor that the south embodies at different times.

He seems a bit too smitten with Dany to ever consider taking the black. He either dies fighting for her or is part of her Queensguard if she sits the IT. Hopefully the former, as both Jorah and Dany I have both lost a lot of interest in.

Or, he learns to move on with his life. And he's with just the little person to help him do it, since Tyrion himself is learning how to move on. Look, there is nothing wrong with loving a woman, and trying to win her affection. Eventually, though, when she's decided she won't love you back, it's only toxic to keep hoping for something different.

So, why not go back to Westeros? Lots of work for strong sellswords.

Eventually, though, when she's decided she won't love you back, it's only toxic to keep hoping for something different.

So, why not go back to Westeros? Lots of work for strong sellswords.

Well, a man truly in love will hang on to his hopes no matter what. It truly is toxic but what of it? Being in love is as irrational as it can get. I don't see Jorah ever abandoning Dany. He will die for her if needs be, that silly fool in love.

I love Jorah - One of my favourites.

Basically he was an honourable good guy until he married a spoiled girl who pushed him into a crime.

However to the extent that each person gets to pay for his crimes, Sir Jorah, by being tattooed as a slave has been dealt an appropriate punishment in the eyes of the gods. After all his Crime was to sell poachers to slavery rather than to donate them to penal servitude on the wall. Frankly most of the slaves would be better off- at least they can marry and it is probably much warmer in the East.

Sure he did a bit of spying, but that is NOT especially dishonourable, and he ensured no harm came to Dany. Whether he would have allowed her to be hurt if he had not loved her is an open question, but as of the present he has received an appropriate punishment for his crime against the Gods.

He has a right to a future. I would like him to have a son to inherit Longclaw. Seems right to me.

Bringing the unsullied to the wall is brilliant. It gives Danny something to do with her unsullied which she was trying to figure out already and they don't hve to be rangers. They most certainly can be builders and probably almost anything else and they won't complain about the cold or sex or following orders or anything

I can't see Jorah ever taking the black, it's just not his style. If he survives and is accepted back into Dany's service it will be as part of her QG. As for Longclaw it should be passed from Lord Commander to Lord Commander, or maybe should belong to the first ranger, that's if the NW still exists.

Since when has Jorah Mormont been a man of honor? The only way he'd ever take the black, is if death is his only other option.

He unknowingly took death when he fled. When an offer is given by Ned, take it or death awaits. He gave Cersei the offer to run or her family would die, but the path she chose will lead to the deaths of her, her children and Jaime.

Next was a bull set against a bear in a bloody battle that left both animals torn and dying.

I think we will also see Jorah, the bear, fight Victarion, who is described as a bull. Jorah will be killed in the fight, but leaving Victarion a few wounds, no doubt. Jorah and Victarion both want Dany, and they will inevitably come into conflict.

I love Jorah - One of my favourites.

Basically he was an honourable good guy until he married a spoiled girl who pushed him into a crime.

However to the extent that each person gets to pay for his crimes, Sir Jorah, by being tattooed as a slave has been dealt an appropriate punishment in the eyes of the gods. After all his Crime was to sell poachers to slavery rather than to donate them to penal servitude on the wall. Frankly most of the slaves would be better off- at least they can marry and it is probably much warmer in the East.

Sure he did a bit of spying, but that is NOT especially dishonourable, and he ensured no harm came to Dany. Whether he would have allowed her to be hurt if he had not loved her is an open question, but as of the present he has received an appropriate punishment for his crime against the Gods.

He has a right to a future. I would like him to have a son to inherit Longclaw. Seems right to me.

YEAH!

He unknowingly took death when he fled. When an offer is given by Ned, take it or death awaits. He gave Cersei the offer to run or her family would die, but the path she chose will lead to the deaths of her, her children and Jaime.

Next was a bull set against a bear in a bloody battle that left both animals torn and dying.

I think we will also see Jorah, the bear, fight Victarion, who is described as a bull. Jorah will be killed in the fight, but leaving Victarion a few wounds, no doubt. Jorah and Victarion both want Dany, and they will inevitably come into conflict.

So according to you Victorian fights and kills both Jorah and Barristan in the same battle??

I find that a bit of an overestimation of what the man is able to do.

So according to you Victorian fights and kills both Jorah and Barristan in the same battle??

I find that a bit of an overestimation of what the man is able to do.

Not in the same battle, but after the Battle of Meereen. Victarion will kill Barristan first when he goes to kill Hizdahr. Jorah will challenge Victarion later, feeling he would never let a guy like Victarion marry Dany.

"by night all cloaks are black." AKA all hands on deck during the Long Night.

Yeah I am up for Jon handing over command to Jorah along with Long Claw because Jorah, who will on his travels back to Westeros, find Dark Sister and give Jon it in return.

The first part of your post was what I was thinking when I saw the thread title.

But doesn't BR still have Dark Sister?

Archived