Jorah Mormont taking the Black..

355Lion

If he lives this long.. His father's "Jeor Mormant AKA the Old Bear" dying wish was for his son to take the black, do you think that will happen? After the Others are defeated he could become the lord commander of the new Nights Watch which would be filled with unsullied!?

The Unsullied would be freezing their balls off... oh wait!

Unless he comes into contact with Sam and honors his father's dying wish, I don't see it. He might not make it out of Mereen, and if Dany takes him back into her service and is successful in Westeros, I'm sure she'll restore his lands to him, at the very least.

I think he will be given the option and take it, because the alternative would be death. He'll probably never see Bear Island again, which is sad.

Bringing the Unsullied to the wall is kind of a bad move. They don't really have any ranging skills whatsoever, there are no real open battles with wildlings, and there's nothing to suggest that they can do any sort of building.

That's even if they are needed at the Wall, if the Others are defeated. I think a 7K/Wildling alliance is on the horizon.

I think he will be given the option and take it, because the alternative would be death. He'll probably never see Bear Island again, which is sad.

Bringing the Unsullied to the wall is kind of a bad move. They don't really have any ranging skills whatsoever, there are no real open battles with wildlings, and there's nothing to suggest that they can do any sort of building.

That's even if they are needed at the Wall, if the Others are defeated. I think a 7K/Wildling alliance is on the horizon.

Not to mention they'll freeze their ba- oh wait.....

by the time he makes it to westeros (if he does) with dany, they'll be no time for him to take the black and then become LC, even if the NW is still going after the whole situation with jon. Also, doubt he'd be up for joining a the NW when the only thing he really wants in life is danaerys which the NW vows prohibit. After the defeat of the others, there wont be any need for the NW as (hopefully) there will be no more others

iirc , has not Jorah has been pardoned for the slave selling episode ?? so, why take the black... tho, I think he will die in Meereen.

He was "trying to earn a pardon" by working for Robert/Varys in spying on Dany. I don't know if we was ever actually pardoned before Robert got himself stuck by a boar's tusks.

A bit too cliché for me, son fulfilling dying wish of father. He made his choice a long time ago, he is all about Dany. Sam will never meet up with him anyways. I think that was just supposed to tell us about the elder Mormont's inner conflicts and longings before his passing. They even left it out of the show.

I like the idea of Jorah taking the black, with or without the knowledge of his father's last request. If he does I doubt it will happen until Dany makes it to Westeros at least. I don't see him as being chosen as Lord Commander though. He always seems like more of a soldier than a leader to me and I doubt they would be likely to choose him because he is his father's son.

While it might be fitting to an extent, his way of thinking has to change. He is a person who believes that he has been wronged by others. His wife, the Starks, and his aunt who "stole his" lordship. In the end his goal was always to reverse his fortune, and while he seemingly loses sight of that goal somewhat by trying to court Dany he still uses his past as a crux and is very unforgiving because of it.

I like the idea of Jorah taking the black, with or without the knowledge of his father's last request. If he does I doubt it will happen until Dany makes it to Westeros at least. I don't see him as being chosen as Lord Commander though. He always seems like more of a soldier than a leader to me and I doubt they would be likely to choose him because he is his father's son.

As a lord he would have been taught warfare by his father, and has experience against the Greyjoys. He may be a bit of a fool that deserves his fate, but he still gave Dany some good advice when it came to her campaign.

Since when has Jorah Mormont been a man of honor? The only way he'd ever take the black, is if death is his only other option.

I think that when he made the decision to stop reporting on Dany and be true to her cause he saw it as a way to "redeem" his honor, as it were. When he tells Dany about his wife, and what he did for her he almost sounds ashamed of what happened.

Archived