let's talk about the dangerous white culture

Sad King Billy

No doubt. White kids living in predominately poor black neighborhoods get the worst. Out of anybody. It isn't quite as bad as a black man living in the South in lynching times, but it is close. Sure driving black will get you harassed by cops, but walking white in the wrong neighborhood will get you stomped.

Yep. I'm half-Hispanic but am the whitest person in my entire family (even my mom who has Eastern European blood, is darker than me). In my youth we moved constantly and I lived in every type of ghetto you can imagine. In the all-white ghetto - and later in the nice farming community - I was the spic. In the Hispanic ghetto called "Little Mexico" I was the wetto. I never faced worse than a little name-calling in either.

In the black neighborhood and later the black housing projects, I was the target for beatings and vocal insults from kids several years younger than me to adults three times my age. Daily. I was at a birthday party for my only friend in those projects and was accosted by his drunken uncle as if I personally was responsible for all his, his family and his people's ills. I learned to perfect the meanest scowl possible, which I would wear so often to try to discourage people from fighting me that it became my permanent expression - though it was really my size that discouraged a lot of people (I hit 6 ft in 4th grade).

If people are left alone there`s generally less racism all round. In Europe race based politics isn`t popular with politicians and the media so there`s little or no racism, although isolated people will of course be pretty racist anyway. In the USA race politics is the bread and butter of two political parties, a horde of foundations, special interest groups, the media and the people who are funding these things, so obviously you have racism. In fact it was really invented in the USA as a political issue. In Europe it was always about class struggle because of all the entrenched oligarchies here, but that doesn`t work so well in the USA.

Americans should do what MLK tried to tell them before he was assassinated: black and white unite! most sensible thing anybody has ever said about the raace issue to date. Perhaps that`s why he was shot:)

Yep. I'm half-Hispanic but am the whitest person in my entire family (even my mom who has Eastern European blood, is darker than me). In my youth we moved constantly and I lived in every type of ghetto you can imagine. In the all-white ghetto - and later in the nice farming community - I was the spic. In the Hispanic ghetto called "Little Mexico" I was the wetto. I never faced worse than a little name-calling in either.

In the black neighborhood and later the black housing projects, I was the target for beatings and vocal insults from kids several years younger than me to adults three times my age. Daily. I was at a birthday party for my only friend in those projects and was accosted by his drunken uncle as if I personally was responsible for all his, his family and his people's ills. I learned to perfect the meanest scowl possible, which I would wear so often to try to discourage people from fighting me that it became my permanent expression - though it was really my size that discouraged a lot of people (I hit 6 ft in 4th grade).

Cry me a river. You should be asking what you did to make them lash out.

If people are left alone there`s generally less racism all round. In Europe race based politics isn`t popular with politicians and the media so there`s little or no racism, although isolated people will of course be pretty racist anyway. In the USA race politics is the bread and butter of two political parties, a horde of foundations, special interest groups, the media and the people who are funding these things, so obviously you have racism. In fact it was really invented in the USA as a political issue. In Europe it was always about class struggle because of all the entrenched oligarchies here, but that doesn`t work so well in the USA.

Americans should do what MLK tried to tell them before he was assassinated: black and white unite! most sensible thing anybody has ever said about the raace issue to date. Perhaps that`s why he was shot:)

QFT

and the use of this issue to divide Americans against each other for fun and profits has an ever-increasing death-toll;

A couple of notable recent black assaults on whites -

In Houston, a jury heard testimony in the murder trial of Mona Nelson [
art-link-symbol-tiny-grey-arrow-only-rev01.gif
photo], a black female former boxer who is being charged with kidnapping 12-year-old Jonathan Foster [
photo], tying him up, torturing him with a blow torch, and dumping his charred corpse into a ditch. Since her 2010 arrest, Nelson has received counseling and support from Quanell X, leader of Houston's New Black Panther Party.

Staff at takimag.com

The teen [
photos & article] accused of shooting a toddler between the eyes during a robbery attempt counted down from five before firing, his alleged accomplice testified today after pointing him out as the shooter... Lang says Elkins walked to West and demanded her purse before pulling out a gun. When West refused to hand the purse over, he hit her in the face with it and threatened her baby. Elkins shot Sherry West in the leg with his .22 caliber handgun, he testified, and then shot the 13-month-old baby Antonio Santiago.

Staff at dailymail.co.uk

"Warfare is eminent, and in order for Black people to survive the 21st century, we are going to have to kill a lot of whites. "

Ayo Kimathi, DHS procurement agent, waronthehorizon.com, via Abby Ohlheiser at theatlanticwire.com

Im about to pass out, so can't really oost much in detail. Are you really suggesting that Europe, land of bananas thrown at black players is better about race relations than the US? Or is it that there aren't enough black people to make it a real political issue?

Obviously if the media doesn't report racism and politicians don't treat it as a problem it doesn't exist. so "Europe" has reached epistemic closure on the topic.

I'll write to my local newspaper to stop writing about this kind of stuff.

I like how the newer waves of dismissing racism comes wearing the clothes of anti-coporatism. It's a bit surreal to hear arguments that racism, sexism, or other social issues, are invented to keep the country divided so whatever nefarious group can dominate. It's like racism and sexism didn't exist before a certain time, like women had not been treated as objects for trade and barter for long periods of human history, like in the U.S. chattel slavery of African and Carribean slaves had not only pre-dated racism but actually demanded the type of racism that grew out of it. It's a peculiar and transparent form of blaming the victim to assign the on-going struggle with racism and sexism to the actions of people who talk about these issues and who make attempts to address them. If only we were to keep quiet and not make a big deal out of things like stop-and-frisk, or if we had just stopped complaining about the disproportionate representation of black Americans in prisons and in the lowest SECs, or if we had just desisted from pointing out the latent racisms permeating our cultures, then racism would simple wilt away and die.

Really? Has there been any social issues that had resolved itself by having everyone just ignore it and not talk about it? Or dare I even ask this question for fear of the types of answers I would get?

I like how the newer waves of dismissing racism comes wearing the clothes of anti-coporatism. It's a bit surreal to hear arguments that racism, sexism, or other social issues, are invented to keep the country divided so whatever nefarious group can dominate. It's like racism and sexism didn't exist before a certain time, like women had not been treated as objects for trade and barter for long periods of human history, like in the U.S. chattel slavery of African and Carribean slaves had not only pre-dated racism but actually demanded the type of racism that grew out of it. It's a peculiar and transparent form of blaming the victim to assign the on-going struggle with racism and sexism to the actions of people who talk about these issues and who make attempts to address them. If only we were to keep quiet and not make a big deal out of things like stop-and-frisk, or if we had just stopped complaining about the disproportionate representation of black Americans in prisons and in the lowest SECs, or if we had just desisted from pointing out the latent racisms permeating our cultures, then racism would simple wilt away and die.

Right, and the never-ending campaign to make people you don't like feel bad about themselves never ends. Meanwhile, if you have been murdered by someone outside your own race you are 400% more likely to be white than black.

Why don't you ever look at hos bad the rest of the world has it, and then try to do something with what you have with the freedom you have in this country?

One more thing- there is a Million-muslim March on 9/11 this year.

Lets see how many Women's Rights, or LGBT protesters are counter-marching to protest the culture they advocate.

You and I both know there will not be a Single one, within 100 miles of them.

No profit in it.

That, and it would take real courage to confront muslims in such an issue.

Really? Has there been any social issues that had resolved itself by having everyone just ignore it and not talk about it? Or dare I even ask this question for fear of the types of answers I would get?

The question is, is there any limit to the use you are willing to make of these issues for your own benefit?

Right, and the never-ending campaign to make people you don't like feel bad about themselves never ends.

It's not surprising to me that you'd characterize the effort to address social issues as attempts to make people we don't like feel bad about themselves. But for what it's worth, it's not really the goal for activitsts, particularly the ones who engage in political activism. but I doubt you'd be convinced of that.

Meanwhile, if you have been murdered by someone outside your own race you are 400% more likely to be white than black.

And if you had been a victim of sexual assault, you're way more likely to be a woman. And black people still get longer sentences for the same crime, given the same level of criminal history, when compared to white people. And adjusted for educational background and work experience, women still make less in wages than men in the vast majority of careers. And voter disenfranchising efforts going on in many states disproportionately affect black people because black people are disproportionately represented in the lower SECs. And on and on and on.

And you know what? Many of the solutions we seek for these problems that affect minority will also solve some of the problems, i.e., addressing the effects of generational poverty, which tends to affect black Americans more, will reduce crime rates, which will mean that there'll be fewer black criminals killing white people, too. Same with issues surrounding sexism, like paid family leave for childcare - fighting for that will benefit fathers at workplace, too.

Why don't you ever look at hos bad the rest of the world has it, and then try to do something with what you have with the freedom you have in this country?

The things I work for will benefit everyone, not just the minority people. So I feel no guilt in putting my energy into these issues. We all have female friends and family members who work. We all have (I hope) ethnic minority friends, and some of us may even have them as family members. I do not have to solve the problems for every issue in order to justify my attention to a few issues.

Lets see how many Women's Rights, or LGBT protesters are counter-matching to protest the culture they advocate.

Aren't you assuming that the generic Muslim is more sexist than the generic Christian? Islam, as a religion, with its myriad flavors, is no more, and no less, sexist than, say, the average Protstant denomination. There are socially progressive Islam mosques, and there are socially regressive Protestants. Why we should specifically protest the Muslims on their march and not protest the Easter service at the local Catholic church for their sexism is sort of beyond me, but I suppose it has something to do with the "gotcha" moment targeted at liberals.

The question is, is there any limit to the use you are willing to make of these issues for your own benefit?

Yeah, because everyone else who is not liberal are altruists who fight for causes that don't benefit them at all, like, say, lower taxes and the right to bear arms.

It's not surprising to me that you'd characterize the effort to address social issues as attempts to make people we don't like feel bad about themselves.But for what it's worth, it's not really the goal for activitsts, particularly the ones who engage in political activism. but I doubt you'd be convinced of that..

This is your primary method of attack. Your earlier post on this page was an attack on the sins of the fathers to extract blood-money and political power & freedom from the sons & daughters.

And if you had been a victim of sexual assault, you're way more likely to be a woman.

No kidding?

And black people still get longer sentences for the same crime, given the same level of criminal history, when compared to white people.

Those dinky little Gov't checks and EBT cards that the Blacks sole their political soul to the Democrats for don't buy very good lawyers, do they?

And adjusted for educational background and work experience, women still make less in wages than men in the vast majority of careers

Because they don't negotiate salaries or raises as effectively as men do. Once they master that trick, they will be even.

And voter disenfranchising efforts going on in many states disproportionately affect black people because black people are disproportionately represented in the lower SECs. And on and on and on.

I really have to call BS on that one.

Democrats always oppose any sort of voter proof anywhere under any circumstances, even in places where you need ID to buy nail polish.

The Democrats know for a fact that they couldn't dominate politics without the crutch of voter fraud.

And you know what? Many of the solutions we seek for these problems that affect minority will also solve some of the problems, i.e., addressing the effects of generational poverty, which tends to affect black Americans more, will reduce crime rates, which will mean that there'll be fewer black criminals killing white people, too. Same with issues surrounding sexism, like paid family leave for childcare - fighting for that will benefit fathers at workplace, too.

Then try a new solution.

The war on poverty has been going on since the 1960s, and you guys have only made it worse.

The things I work for will benefit everyone, not just the minority people. So I feel no guilt in putting my energy into these issues. We all have female friends and family members who work. We all have (I hope) ethnic minority friends, and some of us may even have them as family members. I do not have to solve the problems for every issue in order to justify my attention to a few issues.

No, you don't have to solve every issue or even most of them.

And starting with your own family is the best way to go. Do all the kids have both parents living with them?

Why is it important that you have "ethnic" friends?

Aren't you assuming that the generic Muslim is more sexist than the generic Christian? Islam, as a religion, with its myriad flavors, is no more, and no less, sexist than, say, the average Protstant denomination. There are socially progressive Islam mosques, and there are socially regressive Protestants. Why we should specifically protest the Muslims on their march and not protest the Easter service at the local Catholic church for their sexism is sort of beyond me, but I suppose it has something to do with the "gotcha" moment targeted at liberals

Yes, and the doctrine encourages that.

And before you start reaching for moral equivalence with protestants, you should have a while shit-load of evidence to back it up. Verified stories about protestant men killing female family members for the same of "honor", for instance.

Islam is the only religion in which a cleric can cut his wife

into a half dozen pieces without really surprising anyone.

2013.08.25 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Religion of Peace bombers take out ten patrons at an outdoor cafe. 2013.08.25 (Baqubah, Iraq) - al-Qaeda bomb a popular market, sending thirteen shoppers home in body bags. 2013.08.25 (Baqubah, Iraq) - Religion of Peace bombers take out a child and three nurses. 2013.08.24 (Yala, Thailand) - Muslim 'insurgents' machine-gun four elderly men sitting outside a tea shop. 2013.08.23 (Baghdad, Iraq) - A barbaric suicide bombing at a park leaves over two dozen dead, mostly women and children.

HELL of a weekend, eh?

And its only going to look like a "Gotcha" to Leftists who use Muslims as political allies against their ultimate enemy; Americans that are not Leftists.

Yeah, because everyone else who is not liberal are altruists who fight for causes that don't benefit them at all, like, say, lower taxes and the right to bear arms.

A healthy economy and citizens capable of defending themselves benefit us all, but I doubt you'd be convinced of that.

Lets see how many Women's Rights, or LGBT protesters are counter-matching to protest the culture they advocate.

No profit in it.

That, and it would take real courage to confront muslims in such an issue.

You said, counter-matching". Did you mean "counter-marching", Otherwise, I can't make sense of it.

Oh yes, Europe has absolute no issues with racism, hate against religions, demonizing ethnic groups; by individuals, groups, political parties. There are no chants against black players in football matches, no ridiculing of people with 'wrong accents', no firebombings of mosques and synagogues, no open discrimination of muslims. There are no targeted attacks against non-white possible immigrants in the UK right now, no laws against mosques in Switzerland, no treatment of Roma and Sinti as second class citizens everywhere, no major parties wanting to remove and limit the presence of those 'criminal Romanians, Poles and other Eastern Europeans'. LePen, Wilders, Vlaams Belang, True Fins, etc don't exist.

I'd like to know where you found that nice sub-continent. Because it is not the one where I live.

Archived