Yer A Wizzard Varys!

Muggle

Game of Thrones Arya 3 Chapter 32.

Arya chases the cat, and ends up listing to a convo between Varys and Ill, " Funny cause she is a kid and Varys uses kids as spies" Any way

Two things stand out. Ill twice implies Varys can use magic.

"Too soon, too soon," the voice with the accent complained. "What good is war now? We are not ready. Delay."

"As well bid me stop time. Do you take me for a wizard?"

The other chuckled. "No less." Flames licked at the cold air.

And

"You are more than a juggler, old friend. You are a true sorcerer. All I ask is that you work your magic awhile longer."

Biggest surprise to come?

Varys lied about his hatred of magic,

Varys was the magician who cut off the boy parts. not the child.

He is using magic and mummers tricks to manipulate his appearance. And he isnt really an eunuch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Game of Thrones Arya 3 Chapter 32.

Arya chases the cat, and ends up listing to a convo between Varys and Ill, " Funny cause she is a kid and Varys uses kids as spies" Any way

Two things stand out. Ill twice implies Varys can use magic.

"Too soon, too soon," the voice with the accent complained. "What good is war now? We are not ready. Delay."

"As well bid me stop time. Do you take me for a wizard?"

The other chuckled. "No less." Flames licked at the cold air.

And

"You are more than a juggler, old friend. You are a true sorcerer. All I ask is that you work your magic awhile longer."

Biggest surprise to come?

Varys lied about his hatred of magic,

Varys was the magician who cut off the boy parts. not the child.

He is using magic and mummers tricks to manipulate his appearance. And he isnt really an eunuch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

or not...

It think it implies more that Varys' "magic" is his sneakiness and the use of his little birds, which can almost relate to magic. Yes, sarcasm is used in Westeros.

No Ros reached for his junk and there was nothing there.

This is the exact reason why HBO has totally screwed up this theory. She actually touched it! And there was nothing there!

i just dont see why Illyiro would call him a wizzard twice then at the end of the chapter Arya claims to her father a wizzard is going to kill him over and over.

I dont see why GRRM carefully placed this bit of info in the story. Why a supposed secret convo between two long time friend conspiring to take over a kingdom, and one dude calls the other magic worth not once but twice.

also i dont why why varys and ill are both so invested in Aegon. He is obv just a pawn in there bigger plan

It think it implies more that Varys' "magic" is his sneakiness and the use of his little birds, which can almost relate to magic. Yes, sarcasm is used in Westeros.

Agreed, Varys is not a wizard or mage in the literal sense.

This is the exact reason why HBO has totally screwed up this theory. She actually touched it! And there was nothing there!

What happens on the show, and with a show-only character no less, doesn't really matter IMO. The show have changed so many things already that beyond the overarching story, it's going in a separate direction.

I think you might be reading into it too literally. In this sense his 'magic' is just his amazing ability to weave and conspire without people knowing his true motives.

:agree: Although the OP still wins for best thread title of the week.

Archived