Did Robb die well?

The-Paul-Arron00

During "the King in the North arises" part/his last moment he showed bravery I think. He managed to stand up while he was filled with arrows, and told Catelyn not to negotiate the way she was (which to be honest if it worked would've been even worse looking)

the Stark are not the protagonist of this story.

Yes they are.

During "the King in the North arises" part/his last moment he showed bravery I think. He managed to stand up while he was filled with arrows, and told Catelyn not to negotiate the way she was (which to be honest if it worked would've been even worse looking)

Yeah i liked that part too, it was bravery.

Robb had to die because he wasn't the hero of ASOIAF, the Stark are not the protagonist of this story. Sadly this character deserved to be dismissed in a more dignified way, something heroic not as a vow breaker, so no he didn't die well.

Only Robb and Rickon has no Pov from Stark family, the reason Robb has no Pov, 'kings have no pov' rule, reason for Rickon he is baby. All Stark family has Pov, and you are saying they are not protagonist of the story ? :bs:

Yeah i liked that part too, it was bravery.

Only Robb and Rickon has no Pov from Stark family, the reason Robb has no Pov, 'kings have no pov' rule, reason for Rickon he is baby. All Stark family has Pov, and you are saying they are not protagonist of the story ? :bs:

Maybe Rickon doesn't have a POV not because he's a baby but because he will be a king........

He was betrayed, obviously because Tywin was afraid of him and because Walder Frey really valued his "honor" too high (does anyone think of the Frey's as honorable before? Didn't the honor of the Frey's get even more tarnished by the Red Wedding?) so there was not much he could do and he didn't try to run away or do any other act of cowardice. But at the same time, they cut his head off and sewed his direwolf's head on in its stead, they desecrated his, as well as his mother's, body. Hundreds, thousands of Northernmen were butchered. I'd say he died a bad death because, so far at least, his death didn't lead to anything good, and that's what I think they really mean by a good death. That you died fighting for something, that your death lead to something "good" (good for your cause, I suppose). This was basically a mass assassination that only lead to woes.

In his second death, yes.

Agreed. GRRM killed him twice, the first time by destroying his reputation. The King Who Lost The North is a horrible way to be remembered, and while true, it doesn't take into consideration everything that he had to deal with. The North will remember him as a hero who died by treachery after winning all of his battles, while the realm will remember him as a oath breaker that lost his kingdom. Considering that Robb thought the Red Wedding was the end of the Stark line, hell yes he died well. It would be incredibly hard to see what you think is the remaining members of your family being murdered, and he didn't give his murderers the satisfaction of hearing him beg.

I'll go with House - you can't die with dignity, but you can live with it. Death in general tends to be disgusting affair, and we shit ourselves a we die, and we usually don't get to choose how we die. What's worthwhile is how a person lived.

I'll go with House - you can't die with dignity, but you can live with it. Death in general tends to be disgusting affair, and we shit ourselves a we die, and we usually don't get to choose how we die. What's worthwhile is how a person lived.

I disagree of course you can die with dignity Robb didn't shit himself and although this isn't the board for the the show the imagery is obviously better Ned died accepting his fate which is how I view Robb's death. He saw there was no hope of living once the bolts had flown in and his men (and sadly woman RIP Dacey) were butchered but he didn't cry, he didn't beg he accepted it which shows dignity to me and that's why although his death was tragic and brutal Robb himself died well.

Robb died pretty fucking well. He was cut down at a wedding but the dishonour lies with his murderers. All the victims of the Red Wedding died well since they had honor on their side. It's better than some battle deaths and Robert's since he was stupid eough to take on a boar while drunk

Looking at how he died i would say he died "well".

He had a few crossbowbolts in him and managed to stand up again until Roose killed him.

And for his legacy, sure he lost the north but for the loyal northman he will be remeberd as a king who won every battle he ever fought and could only be killed by treachery.

And for everyone beliving the Frey version, hey he and his bannerman turned into wolves witch is pretty bad ass and a story that sticks with the smallfolk.

He died well and with his legend still intact. Tywin may have won the war but he did so at the expense of his own reputation. Everyone saw Robb kick his butt on the field and will remember the only way he beat him is by treachery. In actuality Robb could have died begging for his life but it wouldn't matter, nobody would believe the Frey's version of events anyway.

Archived