What happened to Shiera?

I believe she is likely dead.

Even if she did do something to keep herself look youthful and pretty looking, it doesn't really cover immortality itself. She could be 90 years old and physically look lovely, but could still die.

If she is someway alive, then she probably is around a similar state as Bloodraven, in one way or another. Or maybe she used some sort of fancy technique to keep her spirit around....? Or is trapped because of a punishment?

At any rate, maybe Bloodraven will reveal what her fate was to Bran at some point. If he never does, perhaps it is an indication that she is long dead - if she was still around, perhaps there would have been clues in his behaviour, in knowing she was still around out there (Granted, the reverse sentiment could apply too)

Otherwise, who knows? Maybe she isn't as important as portrayed? Does being stunning and desirable automaticly mean that they have to be important? As far as I can recall, other then being scholarly and lingustic, her main thing is strutting around, being proud of her beauty, seemingly enjoying the fact that she has a bunch of guys fighting for her, even to the point of increasing the hatred between brothers.

If she was still smart, but ugly, would some people still think of her as alluring, prophetic and useful :dunno:

Unless proven otherwise, and get to learn more of her, she isn't that interesting to me.

I think it would make sense for her to be Quaithe since Quaithe is looking out for Dany, thus they are related.

But I doubt she is Quaithe.

The Ashara theory is interesting since eveyrtime Quaithe is described she is associated with stars (Daynes), but that wouldn't make sense.

• 1 year later...

Maybe Serra was related to Shiera....Shiera's bastard child by Bittersteel, whom she left safely in Lys while she went back to Westeros to face the music with Bloodraven. Then, Brynden killed Shiera for her treachery.

Shiera did hate gold, and in her honor Illyrio put Serra's picture in a silver locket.

Of course it would make Serra fairly old, but who's counting?

Maybe Serra was related to Shiera....Shiera's bastard child by Bittersteel, whom she left safely in Lys while she went back to Westeros to face the music with Bloodraven. Then, Brynden killed Shiera for her treachery.

Shiera did hate gold, and in her honor Illyrio put Serra's picture in a silver locket.

Of course it would make Serra fairly old, but who's counting?

Brynden's what? Like 120 years old? Unless Serra was bathing in the blodd of virgins I don't see how she could be Brynden and Shiera's daughter. Granddaughter maybe...

Archived