How did Genna disappoint Tywin?

Dead Wolf

I think she was simply telling Tywin that Tyrion, more than Jaime, was a chip off the old block. And when it comes to planning, scheming, and strategy, Tyrion truly is his father's son - a truth that's completely unacceptable to the man who would have tossed baby Tyrion into the ocean if he'd had any way to prove Tyrion was not his.

In life yes.

But if Tywin is watching from the deepest pits of hell...I think not.

Even after Tywin died, Kevan was more or less asserting Tywin's preferred stance to preserving the family still, namely in removing Cersie from power and taking a direct hand in the upbringing of Tommen. If Kevan were the ruler, Davos would have never made it to White Harbor, as was pointed out. And Varys himself states that he was on the verge of undoing all the damage Cersei had done in destabilizing the realm.

I don't think Kevan ever disappointed Tywin except in dying, but I don't think Tywin himself could hold that against him considering how he went out.

Hmm I don't know. Cersei is so aggrevating that when Kevan makes a move and gets in power and manages to work on the alliance with the Tyrells its a relief. And I can see that a brother will always take the side of his brother against said brothers' screw-up children who he'd see as ungrateful disrespectful wasters.

But that's ignoring the fact that Tywin is their father and there is no way in hell that he would allow his daughter to be paraded naked no matter what she'd done. And despite all the things that Jaime has done to him - making himself Aerys' hostage, getting himself captured by Rob Stark through how own rashness, even his relationship with Cersei which Tywin must have started to see was true, nothing would make Tywin move against him. Whereas towards the end Kevan is thinking uneasily that he has dealt with Cersei, and Tyrion is on the run, but what about Jaime? I think Kevan is thinking he will have to move against Jaime or Jaime will move against him.

I actually think Kevan is without realising it becoming a turning worm now that Tywin is good and dead. If Tywin's children are out of the picture he and his children will get Casterly Rock, after all.

Archived