Future GoT Seasons

Matt Jarbeau

So, I hear there are going to be only 8 seasons?? That's totally unreasonable!! There are five books only so far... HBO is on the third book and fourth season. The fourth and fifth books' story lines are parallel up to the middle of A Dance with Dragons. Which means that HBO is already at the halfway point! UNACCEPTABLE! There should be ten seasons, at least. A Feast for Crows is one season by itself... and because A Dance with Dragons has twice as much story as A Feast for Crows, it should be two or even three seasons. By then HBO will be done with Game of Thrones, and the series is as yet unfinished!

So, I hear there are going to be only 8 seasons?? That's totally unreasonable!! There are five books only so far... HBO is on the third book and fourth season. The fourth and fifth books' story lines are parallel up to the middle of A Dance with Dragons. Which means that HBO is already at the halfway point! UNACCEPTABLE! There should be ten seasons, at least. A Feast for Crows is one season by itself... and because A Dance with Dragons has twice as much story as A Feast for Crows, it should be two or even three seasons. By then HBO will be done with Game of Thrones, and the series is as yet unfinished!

Wrong subforum, dude. Just go back to the forum index and repost this in the HBO portion of the board.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/31-game-of-thrones-the-hbo-tv-series/

I know this is going to get moved, but I think 8 seasons will be fine.

Books 4/5 will be season 5, season 6 will be the 1st half of book 6, 7 will be the second half of book 6 and 8 will be book 7 or some wild approximation thereof, as book 7 has a snowball's chance in hell of being out in time.

Hardcore readers will just have to not watch if they don't want to be spoiled.

Archived