Concerning wills.

Audrey Arryn

No doubt. But critizising somebody's education is not the way to go. Medieval times is something really european/near east centric, other continents experienced vastly different time periods.

I don't go rubbing some US noses in their grandparents taking them to Disney castles while mine took me to the Trifels and other real ones. Except when I really feel like it :devil:

No doubt. But critizising somebody's education is not the way to go. Medieval times is something really european/near east centric, other continents experienced vastly different time periods.

I don't go rubbing some US noses in their grandparents taking them to Disney castles while mine took me to the Trifels and other real ones. Except when I really feel like it :devil:

I think Mladen just thought that Audrey Arryn would have learnt about Medieval history.

I think Mladen just thought that Audrey Arryn would have learnt about Medieval history.

It was just respond on impolite post... But I do believe that people should learn a thing or two about European medieval history during reading process of ASOIAF... You don't need to learn all the Kings of England, but couple of facts are more than useful...

As I said, didn't criticize someone's education... But, I do believe that knowing some facts is useful while reading ASOAIF

It was just respond on impolite post... But I do believe that people should learn a thing or two about European medieval history during reading process of ASOIAF... You don't need to learn all the Kings of England, but couple of facts are more than useful...

As I said, didn't criticize someone's education... But, I do believe that knowing some facts is useful while reading ASOAIF

If people wish to learn more historical events, that are similar to ASOIAF then they are free to.

You could compare it with those other two wills, but I think there is another comparison much more fitting, the supposed legitimation of Daemon Blackfyre and the multiple civil wars it caused. Cat made a very accurate analysis of the possible consequences of the will. And it's true. Maybe the current generation (Jon, Sansa, Rickon, Bran) are to much friends to fight each other, but the next generation may not have such restraints. Both Rickon's and Jon's children can both believe they are the legitimate heir to the Northern throne. Lets just hope Jon will not father any children, because the problems caused by it could go on for generations to come (fAegon). Another solution would be the North as a part of the realm rather than independent, making Robb only a rebel and incapable of legitimasing a bastard. Anyway, I'm on team Cat-Rickon-Sansa should there ever be a Stark-strife.

[mod]People have different types of high school education depending on where they are from. Leave it at that and try not to assume that someone has learned something specific in their schooling. On the flip side, assume good faith and don't take such an assumption as an insult.[/mod]

Archived