Which religion from ASOIAF would you take yourself?

A Bastard King

The Old Gods. As a history buff I savour the individual histories and creation stories of tribes, countries, and regions. I consider the leveling and obliterating of old traditions and worship by proseletysing and missionising religions a tragic development. Yes, many religions also brought 'civilisation', but in their zeal they've erased much of what tells us how we developed. So I fancy Druid and pagan ceremonies in England because it is the ancestral religious practice of the country. And the Old Gods plus the weirwoods are as close as anything comes to the Druids and nature worship.

The Old Gods. As a history buff I savour the individual histories and creation stories of tribes, countries, and regions. I consider the leveling and obliterating of old traditions and worship by proseletysing and missionising religions a tragic development. Yes, many religions also brought 'civilisation', but in their zeal they've erased much of what tells us how we developed. So I fancy Druid and pagan ceremonies in England because it is the ancestral religious practice of the country. And the Old Gods plus the weirwoods are as close as anything comes to the Druids and nature worship.

Druidism was an awful religion (too many blood and fire sacrífices and rituals to my taste).

One of the best things Romans did was to eradicate the druidic cult in their provinces...

The Old Gods are a bit like the celtic paganismo: aparently "cool", but deep inside full of horrible religious sacrifices and cruel rituals.

Out of all the religions in ASOIAF which would you like to take and why?

I don't mean you'd take The Old Gods because you would be a Northerner, purely down to choice?

Assuming I would take any, it would most certainly not be R'hllor. There is no point to the Red Faith for anyone who takes religion at all seriously.

The Faith of Seven and the Old Gods are not particularly compelling, but they both seem to be at least reasonably defensable.

Assuming I would take any, it would most certainly not be R'hllor. There is no point to the Red Faith for anyone who takes religion at all seriously.

Red God is worship of light, if anything anywhere is worthy of worship it is light.

Old Gods worship of nature is nice but trees don't exist without light. Light can exist without trees.

Red God is worship of light, if anything anywhere is worthy of worship it is light.

Seeing how that supposed "light" thinks nothing of consuming people's blood, making accurate prophecies just to not bother helping anyone with them, and burning "infidels", I still don't see why even consider it. It is as clearly misguided a faith as I could ask for.

Seeing how that supposed "light" thinks nothing of consuming people's blood, making accurate prophecies just to not bother helping anyone with them, and burning "infidels", I still don't see why even consider it. It is as clearly misguided a faith as I could ask for.

That's why I said earlier in the thread I would reform and go against the burnings.

The root of the religion is what makes sense to me.

Why did you put light in quotes? Are you implying there is not such a thing as light? or that they don't worship it?

Old Gods worship of nature is nice but trees don't exist without light. Light can exist without trees.

nothing exists without light.... nothing exists without god. light is god... its called deductive reasoning. sherlock holmes used it so it has to be right

Archived