The most touching scene from the books/series

Wrikudoro

I don't know if there's something wrong in me, cause I found it very rare to be moved to tears by these, or any books. I love the books,

they give much more deeper understanding of it's characters, more details and food for thought, and they leave a more lasting impact on me, than the show can ever do.

But still, these tears-sheding scenes are a lot simpler to accomplish by audiovisual media, at least to me. I believe that a human face and it's expressions can touch me more directly than just the thoughts of one, in a primary sort of way leading to bodily reactions.

That being said, there's probably just one instance in all the books + episodes, where I have really shed tears. Or only one I can remember. The one where Bran and Rickon are parting. The scene which in books happens off-stage IIRC. That boy Rickon is just heart-breaking!

My signature. :D

:agree:

Of course, tacking on the line after: "The Many Faced God can have the rest, but he can't have this!"

Arya getting Needle from Jon/getting Needle back.

Osha helping Bran and Rickon to hide/escape

Sam and Gilly finally getting together.

Jaime hitting Ronnet Connington with his golden hand after Ronnet mocks Brienne.

Jaime jumping into the bear pit.

The whole scene with Ned when he first learns of "Needle" is pretty touching too. Like when he tells her how much like Lyanna she is.

Needle has very special significance for Arya, and Arya-Jon relationship. On another thread, I remember you gave me a quote about how Arya might be outgrowing it, and may in future wield Dark Sister, but I still struggle with this idea, and have no proper answer for this. It might happen, but I don't want it to. :crying:

Somehow Jon's "No. Not enough. Never enough" hit home for me. Of course along with many others already mentioned. Then there's always Ygritte's death.

THIS

and

My signature. :D

this

and the sansa building the snow castle scene...

Stupid Starks making me love them and then start dying :crying:

I tend to have more threats of tears of joy from the books as people yell "Winterfell" as they charge into battle or as characters with badass reputations like Victarrion or Tywin let you know what happens when you f*ck with them!

But heart wrenching moments were Arya at Ned's beheading, when Dany sends Jorah away and there was something the really pulled at my heart when I read about the Unsullied who was killed because he would visit whores just to be held. There is something incredibly depressing about a eunuch still needing human touch, but only being able to pay for it something almost childlike!

Archived