The most touching scene from the books/series

Wrikudoro

There are too many to single one out and you guys have reminded me of some great ones. The snow castle was brilliant and many of Arya scenes are very touching. These kind of scenes are for me, what make the series just so perfect. They are the most simplistic of scenes often interacting with themselves or just two characters and they are the scenes which really get inside you and make you feel the emotions whether you love or hate the characters.

There are too many to single one out and you guys have reminded me of some great ones. The snow castle was brilliant and many of Arya scenes are very touching. These kind of scenes are for me, what make the series just so perfect. They are the most simplistic of scenes often interacting with themselves or just two characters and they are the scenes which really get inside you and make you feel the emotions whether you love or hate the characters.

:agree: Couldn't say it better myself.

The whole scene with Ned when he first learns of "Needle" is pretty touching too. Like when he tells her how much like Lyanna she is.

That's my favourite bit ever! It's so sweet, so tender and so sad.

I also like one of that Catelyn chapters (Cat 2 in Clash i think) where she starts off in a dream, she's back at Winterfell and it's perfect, Robb's playing in the yard with a wooden sword, Bran is whole and well, Sansa and Arya are playing together happily and Rickon's still a baby she's nursing. She puts them all to bed and then turns in herself, "and Ned was in her bed and smiling". And then she woke up, Robb's a king and fighting for real, Bran and Rickon are missing presumed dead, Sansa is a hostage, she has no idea what's happened to Arya and Ned's dead....Nooooooo, Catelyn go back to sleep!!!

Oh....and "Egg, I dreamt I was old."

Take heart my friend, they won't die on us any more. Winter has come, and we'll see the wolves howling high, shaking all the lesser beasts, and yes even lions and dragons and krackens. :)

I don't know about the dragons and the krackens yet but the lion is not at its best by the end of aDwD (thats the mild way of saying it :)).. A time for wolves!

This:

When Jon had been young, to young to understand what it meant to be a bastard, he used to dream that one day Winterfell may be his. Later, when he was older he had been ashamed of those dreams. Winterfell would go to Robb and then his sons, or to Bran or Rickon should Eobb die childless. And after them came Sansa and Arya. Even to dream otherwise seemed disloyal, as if he were betraying them in his heart, wishing for their deaths. I never wanted this, he thought as he stood before the blue-eyed king and the red woman. I loved Robb, loved all of them. . . I never wanted any harm to come to any of them, but it did. And now there's only me.

Jon's entire situation and relationship with his family is heartbreaking IMO.

Awh Jamie.

I hope they won't omit the snow castle scene from the series. But I also scared that if it included, it won't bear the same amount of emotions.

Fanboy problems, I guess

I suffer from being too literal, but I don't see how they can omit that scene because it leads into LF's murder of Lysa.

He kisses Sansa out there in the snow and gives Lysa the jealous fit that leads to her trying to push Sansa out the Moon door.

I have always felt LF did that to provoke Lysa. He understands how her mind works and exploited the knowledge to get her out of the way.

As she slept amidst the rolling grasslands, Catelyn dreamt that Bran was whole again, that Arya and Sansa held hands, that Rickon was still a babe at her breast. Robb, crownless, played with a wooden sword, and when all were safe asleep, she found Ned in her bed, smiling.

Sweet it was, sweet and gone too soon. Dawn came cruel, a dagger of light. She woke aching and alone and weary; weary of riding, weary of hurting, weary of duty. I want to weep, she thought. I want to be comforted. I’m so tired of being strong. I want to be foolish and frightened for once. Just for a small while, that’s all . . . a day . . . an hour . . .

Outside her tent, men were stirring. She heard the whicker of horses, Shadd complaining of stiffness in his back, Ser Wendel calling for his bow. Catelyn wished they would all go away. They were good men, loyal, yet she was tired of them all. It was her children she yearned after. One day, she promised herself as she lay abed, one day she would allow herself to be less than strong.

But not today. It could not be today.

I've just read ASoIaF books once, so i'm currently re-reading the books. I've also got the audio books, i'm covering all my bases here, since i've joined this forum i've realised that i have missed a few relevant details in the books. Members on this forum put me to shame, your knowledge on the books is just amazing, have to get my finger out and get up to scratch.

Anyhoo, one scene in the books that I found very touching and sad(it's not that significant), was in AGoT were, Sansa, Jeyne Poole and Beth Cassel are chatting and giggling about Sansa bethrothal to Prince Joffery and how fortunate she is. These poor sheltered girls don't know what lies ahead of them, their age of innocence will be lost forever :frown5: .

Sansa remembering Arya brought Ned flowers. If she ever won a tournament, Arya would have probably ended up crowning her own father as the King of Love and Beauty because she loved him so much.

Reading that just brought a lump to my throat. :bawl:

Sansa's winterfell snow castle and a godswood as empty as herself line.

Cat's not my hair line and thinking all her children are dead.

Samwell telling Jon how his father was going to kill him so he can't inherit Horn Hill

Robb weeping

Danny relizing that Drogo will never come back so she puts him to "sleep"

I suffer from being too literal, but I don't see how they can omit that scene because it leads into LF's murder of Lysa.

He kisses Sansa out there in the snow and gives Lysa the jealous fit that leads to her trying to push Sansa out the Moon door.

I have always felt LF did that to provoke Lysa. He understands how her mind works and exploited the knowledge to get her out of the way.

Well, still the creators can make the kiss scene happened without the snow castle sequence, they can do that.

Let's just hope they read this forum and know that the snow castle scene means a lot to the fans.

Archived