Will any unexpected Characters appear in WoW like Aegon did in DwD?

CB328

We won't be getting any new POV's (other than one-shot kill-offs) as per GRRM. But I'm sure we'll see other people emerge in the rest of the series, even though I'm expecting a bloodbath come the Winds of Winter.

But one character that I'm expecting to see is when Tyrion meets Tysha again only to discover that he's been stabbed in the back by a young lad with mismatched eyes that look exactly like Tyrion's. (hint, I think Tyrion's got a bastard by Tysha that will prove to be his death).

I thought what he said was no new POVs from characters we haven't met. (implying we could have a new POV from a character we already know).

Could be wrong, though.

We won't be getting any new POV's (other than one-shot kill-offs) as per GRRM. But I'm sure we'll see other people emerge in the rest of the series, even though I'm expecting a bloodbath come the Winds of Winter.

I thought what he said was no new POVs from characters we haven't met. (implying we could have a new POV from a character we already know).

Could be wrong, though.

no, you're right :D

Well, my guesses are a list of the obvious and already stated and one at the end were I expect to get shot down very quickly:

Howland Reed - I think that he'll appear in some capacity, though there is no guarantee that it will be in person and 'on page'. It's not beyond GRRM to have HW 'revelations' related by a third party who has been to Greywater Watch. One of the Mormont/Ryswell party who many think are currently there?

Sandor Clegane - fresh from the simple life sampling the bracing sea air on the quiet isle. I think that he will emerge to either fight un-Gregor or to offer his sword to Sansa Stark in some way.

Willas & Garlan Tyrell - GRRM himself has said in the last couple of days that these two will appear in the future.

Benjen Stark - a major fixture in a lot of wish lists and a potential prologue character IMO. But might he be a wight....?

Gendry - far too much character development time has been invested in him to simply fade away into country life in the Riverlands.

Randyl Tarly - he's the logical choice to lead the Iron Throne's military response to Aegon, but might he decide that the time has come to protect Horn Hill from potential Ironborn attention?

Perwyn Frey - one of the few 'good' Frey's who was not involved in the RW.

Lyanna Stark - It's not entirely beyond the limit of possibility and would be a major surprise!!

Why would Ashara resurface if we already know she threw herself off the castle and plunged to her death....we also know that Syrio is more than likely dead as a result of trying to save Arya ...Benjen is by no means a surprise character being that he was introduced already and we know of him...and Howland Reed is not much of a surprise character either being that we know he has Robb's last will and instructions....

we are told years later she threw herself...and with the whole Ned bringing back Dawn to Starfall and Jon Snow home...and all the secrecy with Ned and Jon..and the Martells being so secretive, I don't think its much of a stretch that the word spread around was she threw herself off a tower, WE never see it....it wouldn't be a surprise to find out Ashara is someone else we already know.

And Tyrek. He's been mentioned a lot, so he might come back at some point. He'd have a tale to tell anyway. Perhaps he'll show up in a D&E tale if there is going to be 10 of them in the end

Tyrek's disappearance was very "convenient" no? ...and with so many Lannister's dead, or not able to breed or hold lands and the fact we see the Nutless Wonder shoot the last seemingly competent Lannister with a cross bow, Tyrek as has been mentioned is in a very convenient position to inherit the Rock and might even be grateful to Varys for "saving" his life, not knowing what Nutless was really doing.

If Syrio comes back then so will Robb, King Robert, Dead Ned and both Lady and Grey Wind as well....SWEET~!

I'm affraid not you little rascal. Robb, Bob, Ned and the direwolves are all as dead as a dodo. However, we never get confirmation (or even strong clues) that Syrio is dead, ergo there is a real possibility that he'll resurface in tWoW (for a possible scenario see http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96901-braavosi-courtesans-and-arya-in-twow/).

EDIT: just to be clear I believe that Syrio still has a role to play, but I get why people oppose the idea and think that he's dead. At the moment the case for him being dead is a tad stronger, but not by a large margin (and btw I might believe in Syrio's survival but I'm not one of those posters who believe he's a FM).

_HR

_Benjen

_Syrio

_Ashara Dayne

Yup, I agree with Howland, Benjen and Ashara.

It is certain Howland will appear sooner or later (confirmed), Ashara Dayne is mentionned nearly in every book (so I think we have been told too much about this character for her not to pop up at some point - and of course I think she is Lemore :p) and we have to know what happened to good Ol' Benjen (and knowing we're going to see more of what's happening beyond the Wall, it's only a fair guess that Uncle B. will reappear at some point)

I also think we might see Tysha in some way, so to have some sort of "closure" to Tyrion's "where do whores go" arc.

Yup, I agree with Howland, Benjen and Ashara.

It is certain Howland will appear sooner or later (confirmed), Ashara Dayne is mentionned nearly in every book (so I think we have been told too much about this character for her not to pop up at some point - and of course I think she is Lemore :P) and we have to know what happened to good Ol' Benjen (and knowing we're going to see more of what's happening beyond the Wall, it's only a fair guess that Uncle B. will reappear at some point)

I also think we might see Tysha in some way, so to have some sort of "closure" to Tyrion's "where do whores go" arc.

No love for AD+HR = MR & JR?

And Tysha is someone I don't expect to see again. I believe WWG is one of the only mysteries in the series that I don't want to see solved

No love for AD+HR = MR & JR?

And Tysha is someone I don't expect to see again. I believe WWG is one of the only mysteries in the series that I don't want to see solved

I think the AD+HR is a brilliant theory but I am on the Lemore boat at the moment ;)

And I agree, I indeed thought while I was writing it that we don't really need to know about Tysha

Archived