Will any unexpected Characters appear in WoW like Aegon did in DwD?

CB328

I'm affraid not you little rascal. Robb, Bob, Ned and the direwolves are all as dead as a dodo. However, we never get confirmation (or even strong clues) that Syrio is dead, ergo there is a real possibility that he'll resurface in tWoW (for a possible scenario see http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96901-braavosi-courtesans-and-arya-in-twow/).

EDIT: just to be clear I believe that Syrio still has a role to play, but I get why people oppose the idea and think that he's dead. At the moment the case for him being dead is a tad stronger, but not by a large margin (and btw I might believe in Syrio's survival but I'm not one of those posters who believe he's a FM).

Actually we kinda did get pretty solid confirmation that Syrio died. G.R.R. Martin was asked at one of his appearances about Syrio, because everyone liked him so much and the text never says, "and then he dies" so these theories, like most start getting steam...when asked he answered kinda of non-nonchalantly, he is dead-mentioning it was kind of obvious. The fact that Trant lived and a First Sword of Bravos NEVER RUNS...well, if Trant lived, I'm afraid Syrio is dead.

I'd love nothing more than for him to be alive but it reminded me of the whole "she screamed a single word" talking about just before Lady Stoneheart sent Brienne swinging from a tree....everyone wanted to know what word she said, but the answer was always there. Lady Stoneheart offered her "noose" or "sword" and since we see her in ADWD it seems simple what word she said.

But this too had lead to mad speculation and theories and this too was answered at a reading- or more accurately it was answered by a girl in the audience if I remember correctly. after someone else had asked Martin what word saved Brienne? He in turn asked the audience, and a girl I believe said sword and he confirmed it.

Both things seem so open to interpretation but when stepping back seem really so simple...

In the case of Syrio, I don't think he meant to have all these theories pop up or for it to be confusing...but simple, just like with Brienne....there are many things Martin seems to leave unsaid but provides us with the obvious answer to our own questions, if we want to see them.

If you want to say Syrio is actually a faceless man and he is wearing a Trant suit ( I would asked then why good sir did he beat Sansa?) or that he is Jaq'hen Hagar or that Pate fellow in Oldtowne...sweet! Awesome for you.

I would like to see Syrio come back as Syrio or pop out of Trant like an Alien bursting through a stomach...and I was actually hoping beyond hope he wasn't dead-I was kinda sad when Martin spake and said it was so.

snip

Actually, he didn't say that he was dead. I read that report as well. GRRM told us to draw our own conclusions, which doesn't tell us anything actually. If Syrio was dead and had no role to play anymore than why be so ambiguous? Why didn't he just say that he's dead.

And you can't really compare the Brienne - Syrio situations that way. For starters, I never believed Brienne died (in fact as long as you don't see someone die from someone elses PoV you should be suspicious) and when she returned to pick up Jaime it was quite obvious that she said sword and thus accepted the mission of LS.

Syrio has been gone longer, but when he returns all the people who are now saying that he's dead will certainly not be upset about it, because the situation (when we left Syrio last time) is left ambiguously enough to say that he lived.

In fact I think a lot of the resistance against the idea of Syrio's survival is caused by all the crazy "Syrio=FM" theories. Such a reveal would indeed make no sense at all, and those crazy posters have done the cause of other (non-idiotic) "Syrio is alive" theories a lot more harm than what's actually there in the text. I mean you should try and start a serious debate about a normal Syrio is alive theory (see the Arya link in my signature) and a lot of posters don't even read it, they just post that Syrio is not a FM and leave, even if your theory doesn't state that Syrio is a FM.

Therefore I like to emphasis once more that the idea of Syrio as a FM is retarded. My own theory for his reappearance revolves around the upcoming political struggle in Braavos, where soon a new Sealord has to be chosen. And when a new Sealord has to be chosen, the knives come out as we all know. Arya will be sucked in this struggle and it is there that we'll see Syrio reappear imo (for more info read the link in my signature "Braavosi Courtesans and Arya in tWoW).

there's talking about how the Jayne Westerling Jaime met is not the real one... if that's true maybe a pregnant Jayne appears. There would be also a surprise is the Hound comes back from the grave and I'm expectin Jaqen H'gar to make an appearance one more time.

Howland Reed is by no means surprise, I've been expecting him and the rest of the story about the knight of the laughing tree.

Ashara Dayne is dead, Cat and Barristan both confirmed that she jumped from a tower some time after the events of the tower of joy.

JonCon and Aegon being alive surprised me.

But, Sandor being alive is pretty much a foregone conclusion for me at this point and Benjen may not be alive, but he'll show up in some form. I also fully expect Tyrek to pop up.

Then, you have characters like Tysha, Gerion, Syrio, Ashara. Characters think Ashara is dead, but that does't mean they know she is. Her body was never found, therefore it is possible she could be alive.

I also like the theory that Lem Lemoncloak is Rhaegar's former squire, Sir Richard Lonmouth. That'd be very surprising. I don't think we can count Lonmouth out. The way I see it, anybody that is willing to have a drinking contest against Robert can't be underestimated.

Not unexpected, but the Greatjon has to break out of the chains in the Twins and go wild on some Freys. The Umber sigil is such a Chekhov's gun otherwise.

My theory is that Ned Stark did have a child with the fishwife, it was a boy and is alive and he will appear in the next book. As far as Tyrek goes, I'm not convinced he is alive, if he is I do not think his inheriting Casterly Rock is a given. He was 14 or 15 and the other squires were mocking him as Ser Wet Nurse because of his infant wife. Despite his claim and name, I do not see the West rising for him on the basis of that alone. If Jaimie is correct Varys has secreted him away because of his possible knowledge of the assasination of King Robert.

Actually, he didn't say that he was dead. I read that report as well. GRRM told us to draw our own conclusions, which doesn't tell us anything actually. If Syrio was dead and had no role to play anymore than why be so ambiguous? Why didn't he just say that he's dead.

And you can't really compare the Brienne - Syrio situations that way. For starters, I never believed Brienne died (in fact as long as you don't see someone die from someone elses PoV you should be suspicious) and when she returned to pick up Jaime it was quite obvious that she said sword and thus accepted the mission of LS.

Syrio has been gone longer, but when he returns all the people who are now saying that he's dead will certainly not be upset about it, because the situation (when we left Syrio last time) is left ambiguously enough to say that he lived.

In fact I think a lot of the resistance against the idea of Syrio's survival is caused by all the crazy "Syrio=FM" theories. Such a reveal would indeed make no sense at all, and those crazy posters have done the cause of other (non-idiotic) "Syrio is alive" theories a lot more harm than what's actually there in the text. I mean you should try and start a serious debate about a normal Syrio is alive theory (see the Arya link in my signature) and a lot of posters don't even read it, they just post that Syrio is not a FM and leave, even if your theory doesn't state that Syrio is a FM.

Therefore I like to emphasis once more that the idea of Syrio as a FM is retarded. My own theory for his reappearance revolves around the upcoming political struggle in Braavos, where soon a new Sealord has to be chosen. And when a new Sealord has to be chosen, the knives come out as we all know. Arya will be sucked in this struggle and it is there that we'll see Syrio reappear imo (for more info read the link in my signature "Braavosi Courtesans and Arya in tWoW).

you are right...draw your own conclusions.... you think

#1 the First Sword of Bravos (the first Sword of Bravos never runs child) Syrio ran out a window?

#2 the last two people in the room were Trant and Syrio...Trant left and continued on his way. Did he just say hey Syrio, have a nice life buddy, you are free to go?

so yes, you are right, draw your own conclusion, the fact that Trant is up and about and we hear nothing else from Syrio makes no sense (unless he is in a Trant suit and is a FM which I think is silly) But I was in the same boat, and I would love to have seen Syrio that bad ass mother fucker come back and wreck havoc and kick some Lannister ass....)

But I am pretty sure he was pretty clear by what he meant about draw your own conclusion

and I am not saying Brienne was dead or anything like that. There was just debate about what the word was that she said....when if you step back and look at it, it is actually simple.

I brought that example up again, because I am pretty sure this was something as was Syrio- that he didn't mean to be unclear.

you are right...draw your own conclusions.... you think

#1 the First Sword of Bravos (the first Sword of Bravos never runs child) Syrio ran out a window?

Or through a door, I really don't get what you are trying to say here.

#2 the last two people in the room were Trant and Syrio...Trant left and continued on his way. Did he just say hey Syrio, have a nice life buddy, you are free to go?

Syrio probably fought him until Arya had a good headstart than he left. He could have knocked Trant out, tripped him or anything like that. It's not that difficult to walk around.

But I am pretty sure he was pretty clear by what he meant about draw your own conclusion

Lol, obviously not. GRRM was ambiguous on purpose.

and I am not saying Brienne was dead or anything like that. There was just debate about what the word was that she said....when if you step back and look at it, it is actually simple.

I brought that example up again, because I am pretty sure this was something as was Syrio- that he didn't mean to be unclear.

This comparison still doesn't make sense. It was pretty clear what Brienne said because the answer was there in the books, unambiguously. She could only get to Jaime in ADWD when the word she screamed in AFFC was 'sword' otherwise she would have been dead.

The question about Syrio however is never answered, we never get any sort of confirmation of either his survival or his death. And GRRM "draw your own conclusions" was so ambiguous that it works both ways. But we'll have to wait for Arya's storyline in tWoW to be certain.

Or through a door, I really don't get what you are trying to say here.

Syrio probably fought him until Arya had a good headstart than he left. He could have knocked Trant out, tripped him or anything like that. It's not that difficult to walk around.

Lol, obviously not. GRRM was ambiguous on purpose.

This comparison still doesn't make sense. It was pretty clear what Brienne said because the answer was there in the books, unambiguously. She could only get to Jaime in ADWD when the word she screamed in AFFC was 'sword' otherwise she would have been dead.

The question about Syrio however is never answered, we never get any sort of confirmation of either his survival or his death. And GRRM "draw your own conclusions" was so ambiguous that it works both ways. But we'll have to wait for Arya's storyline in tWoW to be certain.

I think it is pretty clear. Again, let me restate that since I read the book I have been hoping Syrio didn't really die. Martin isn't trying to be coy, I just think he would think this would be confusing, and when I looked back after his comment, it isn't.

I took Syrio at his word, that he does not run. So even after Ayra is free, I do not think he would run. I don't think he just booked out of a window or door when he had a chance to. I think he stayed and fought. I think he sacrificed himself to save Ayra, which makes him that much more badass. I don't see him just knocking Trant unconscious and taking off either. Whatever else Trant is he is a Kingsguard-he was fully armed and armored while Syrio had a broken wooden sword. I just don't see how if Trant lived Syrio did too. It seems that it was a fight to the death.

AGain, I am arguing against something I want. Would I be happy to be wrong? Absolutely. I loved Syrio. I just don't see, knowing about the pride of the Bravosi and his own comments, that he would have left Trant alive just and he snuck away....

A pregnant Jeyne Westerling... only to be stabbed in the belly by Ramsay

Fat Sam, we talking books or tv? Because there are never any Westerlings in the show...

and to the best of my recollection there is no time or place where Ramsey is even near Jeyne....especially now if she really is pregnant and Jaimie saw here sister and not her.

Maybe Syrio really is a FM after all, killed Trant and took his face, and has been undercover in the Red Keep ever since.........

But on a serious note. I'm hoping Gerion Lannister will return somehow.

the return of Brightroar to Jaimie after giving 2/3 of ICE to Brienne (with the return of Gerion) would be kinda cool.

I took Syrio at his word, that he does not run. So even after Ayra is free, I do not think he would run. I don't think he just booked out of a window or door when he had a chance to. I think he stayed and fought. I think he sacrificed himself to save Ayra, which makes him that much more badass. I don't see him just knocking Trant unconscious and taking off either. Whatever else Trant is he is a Kingsguard-he was fully armed and armored while Syrio had a broken wooden sword. I just don't see how if Trant lived Syrio did too. It seems that it was a fight to the death.

1) Syrio lies. He has done that before in Arya's chapters.

2) It wouldn't be badass it would be stupid in the Stark Way. Why would anyone chose to die such a pointless death. It was not like he was doing Arya any favors by getting killed, he only needed to give her a headstart after that he could have gone after her and tried to find her (he was however unsuccesful).

3) The KG isn't what it's used to be and Trant is one of the weaker members of a not so glorious KG. And Syrio took out five men with a wooden sword, if he can do that he can take Trant (and there were weapons lying about you know) and keep him entertained for a while untill Arya had enough of a headstart to escape.

I think there 3 types of characters may appear...

1) Characters we know they are alive, but didn't play an important role so far...

2) Characters supposed to be dead or missed...

3) Characters we know nothing of them...

*Note that there are many possibilities as ASOIAF world is a huge and a complex one...

1) Characters we know they are alive, but didn't play an important role so far

• The Hightowers. We know that Oldtown will play a bigger part from now on. So I think Lord Leyton will be introduced with Mad Maid Malora and possibly his wife Rhea Florent and her fugitive brother from Stannis' court Alekyne. There is a possibility also of Leyton's younger son Humfry, who's sent to Lys. In that case we'll surely see Lynesse.
  • Due to Aegon's and Euron's wars, i think we 're going to meet some liege lords of the Stormlands and the Reach. I bet on Mathis Rowan, Paxter Redwyne, Randyl Tarly and his son and maybe Lord Estermont, Tarth, etc...
  • Willas and Garlan Tyrell. I want very much to see more of Willas...
  • I think due to their ancestry, House Velaryon, Celtigar and Bar Emmon will go with Aegon. So we'll maybe see more of them...
  • Aurane Waters (there is a big possibility he is a Velaryon bastard)...
  • Gendry (Waters?), Edric Storm, Mya Stone...
  • More of Bronn as Lord Stokeworth...
  • More of Lancel Lannister...
  • More of Rodrik Harlaw...
  • More of Darkstar and the Daynes...
  • More of Blackwoods and Brackens, due to Bloodraven...
  • Bronze Yohn and Nestor Royce and the Hardyngs of course...
  • Howland Reed, Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover. (This is expected by everyone)...
  • Greatjon Umber...
  • Edmure and the Westerlings...
  • Some Skagosi (House Magnar, etc) with Rickon and Osha...
  • The Sealord of Braavos and some Braavosi swords and the head of the Iron Bank, due to Massey's joyrney there...
  • The Elephants and the Tigers of Volantis... and the Red Priests there...
  • More Dothraki... Khal Mago for sure...
  • Pyat Pree, Daxos and Quaithe..
  • Tormund, Sigorn of Thenn and the Karstarks ant the Weeper...
  • Wylla, not as Jon's mother, but as a witness of the true parentage of Jon...
  • The she-wolf Nymeria...
  • (I want to see more of Jalabhar Xho, but I don't think so)...

2) Characters supposed to be dead or missed...

• Ashara Dayne (many say as Septa Lemore, others as Quaithe, I personally have no idea...)
  • Syrio Forrel (if not dead or Jaquen H'ghar)
  • Tysha
  • Tyrek Lannister (I'm sure he's in Varys' sleeve)
  • Gerion Lannister (Maybe a pirate king)
  • Benjen Stark (alive or as a wight)
  • Septon Chayle (The hooded man theory)
  • Sandor Clegane
  • Gregor Clegane (possiby as Ser Robert Strong)
  • Lastly, a man of at least Bloodraven's lifespan, as Coldhands. I don't think that GRRM will introduce a wholy new man without a reference so far...

3) Characters we know nothing of them...

• Some Others with their names and roles...
  • Maybe a Blackfyre (if Aegon is a canonical Targaryen) or a bastard of Aerion Brightflame in Lys... (There are theories that maybe Varys is something of the two)
  • A Targaryen descendant... We know that Aerion Brightflame had an infant son...
  • A small possibility of a descedant of the other 39 Valyrian noble families... (There are theories that some may live in Ashai)
  • Lastly, a bastard of Aerys or Raegar...

Certainly, the most of the above are simple speculations... I tried to sum up the existing theories...

I'm sorry for my english...

Fat Sam, we talking books or tv? Because there are never any Westerlings in the show...

and to the best of my recollection there is no time or place where Ramsey is even near Jeyne....especially now if she really is pregnant and Jaimie saw here sister and not her.

books of course... the red wedding in the show was not accurate as Rob's wife was not in attendance and we don't really know if she got pregnant only that they were trying and her mother did not want her to..

this thread is about unexpected characters showing up... my theory is that since in the show Rob's wife/unborn child were put to rest by Frey/Bolton perhaps that there may have been a bit of foreshadowing to what is to come in the books... GRRM has told the producers where the arcs are going so they can keep in line with what is to come in the books

I think Jeyne is on the run or in hiding and Ramsay is about to flee Winterfell after getting destroyed by Stannis/Northern Lords... He could come across Pregnant Jeyne and know who she is and being the sick and twisted bastard that he is stab her belly repeatedly

Archived