Cersei's prophecy. Is there a quibble?

Mrs.Grumpy

Yes, others have noticed that it just says "another" and not "another queen." Whatever it means, I'm betting it's Sansa.

:agree:

Ever since I read that bit of the prophecy Sansa came to mind immediately, not Dany or Margaery.

It's only two more books to go. Could Sansa become such a big player in time to dethrone Cersei in the next two books?

I don't think so, how much longer can Daenerys take to head to Westeros? And I think soon the Others will become a threat big enough to make the game of thrones dwindle in relevance, if Cersei doesn't lose everything in the next book, probably the "another" will literally be "an Other", as someone said before...

How has Margaery taken Tommen? How has she taken Cersei's power? How has she taken Cersei's beauty?

But most importantly... did she take all the other things that Cersei held dear? Joanna? Tywin? Jaime? No. Therefore we can assume that "all you hold dear" only refers to what Cersei holds dear in the moment that "another" casts her down.

Well Marg married Tommen

The Tyrells own KL

And her WoS is a direct result of her actions yes, her actions against Marg!

Cersei's children are obviously what she holds dear and Marg has taken one and is currently with the other.

Before anyone starts saying "beauty in the inside" stuff I would just like to point out that this is Cersei Lannister's prophecy.

Maggy cursed a vain, shallow, proud girl who just grew up to be a vain, shallow, proud woman. Cersei couldn't give a damn about someone's inner beauty because that means nothing to her; it's not physical so it doesn't affect her in any way.

This prophecy was made to attack Cersei so the younger woman has to be beautiful because that's something Cersei takes pride in.

Archived