New trilogy featuring Fitz and the Fool by Robin Hobb

pat5150

I'm only about 25% of the way through  (THE NEW BOOK - FOOL'S QUEST - YOU KNOW, THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT MOST RECENTLY IN THIS THREAD) and 

[spoiler]

Fitz finally being acknowledge and "outed" as himself and then celebrated... wow, that brought a tear to my eye.  I kept thinking it was an elaborate dream though and waiting for him to wake up.  [/spoiler]

Which part?  The "Hail Hydra" or my post where content is clearly marked SPOILER?

Yeah, please tag that what is in the spoiler tag is from Fool's Quest, since the release date hasn't actually passed yet

The last several pages of this thread have been devoted to talking about the new book.  It should be very basic common sense that anything marked spoilers would not be from a book released a year ago but, well, common sense is a rare item in this world anymore.  

Advance review copies of the whole book, both physical and digital, have been out for a while. (I have a print version myself, though I haven't started reading yet.) And digital ARCs, like all e-books, are easily pirated, even ahead of the release date.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've finally finished it and naturally I've done a complete u-turn and absolutely loved it. :laugh: Don't get me wrong, I stand by my original statement. I found the first 1/3 of the book really tough to wade through but the second POV really helped and from then onwards it was back to the usual, 'F**k, Hobb is a writing genius, the b***h'. Although I did find the Lost Boy/ White Prophet mystery way to easy to decipher. Like, you'd have to be an absolute idiot to miss it. But yes, the final chapter has left me desperate for more.

Yes Frank, I just am almost done with my re read to prepare for the new one. Beg of the book was slow going and the middle was the same. But, when you get to the end and all that ish happens!! Man I cant wait for Aug 10th. Yea not sure how Fitz doesn't realize bee is the lost son. But when has fitz ever been smart?

Yes Frank, I just am almost done with my re read to prepare for the new one. Beg of the book was slow going and the middle was the same. But, when you get to the end and all that ish happens!! Man I cant wait for Aug 10th. Yea not sure how Fitz doesn't realize bee is the lost son. But when has fitz ever been smart?

True. Nice to see he is still incredibly emo though...

Goodreads are doing a giveaway (U,K only) of Fool's Assassin atm. They did have Fool's Quest on a giveaway, but that offer is finished now. Assassin's Apprentice is still on a giveaway for the U.S. anyway.

ETA: And on a semi-relevant note, some comments by Jane Johnson during an interview for Harper Voyager's 20 year anniversary. Some shout outs there to GRRM, Robin Hobb, Joe Abercrombie and Mark Lawrence

Archived