New trilogy featuring Fitz and the Fool by Robin Hobb

pat5150

Hobb has written unlikeable characters before, but she's outdone herself with Shun.  It's a skill all of its own! 

Anyway, Did I enjoy the book - Absolutely.  Did I love it the same way I loved the first Farseer trilogy, not quite.  Did I like it more than the Tawny Man trilogy - too soon to tell.  I guess it says a lot that I had a couple of very late nights (fortunately I had a week off when I read the book!) where I found myself thinking "just another couple of pages", and then looking at the clock and it was like, 3am. 

I sussed the Bee angle pretty much as soon as she was actually born, it's not like Hobb to be quite that obvious, so I can only imagine there's a big twist or two coming.  I mean, I'm the world's worst at figuring stuff out as I'm reading, normally I need to wait for the reveal and I'm like "Wow, I did not see that coming".  Didn't quite see the point of Lant, if he was just introduced as the equivalent of canon fodder, then fair enough, but I don't think he really added much else to the story. 

Long story short, I'll be purchasing the next one as soon as it comes out, rather than waiting for however long I waited to get this one (I bought it last week).  On the plus side, it will be another excuse for a quick run though the series again when the new one comes out!

will I be able to download the kindle edition at midnight?

Is this released earlier in the U.S or something? Because I checked my kindle pre-order and it said 13th August, and I also checked the hardback edition to make sure it wasn't just the ebook and that said 13 August too. I'm UK btw

Is this released earlier in the U.S or something? Because I checked my kindle pre-order and it said 13th August, and I also checked the hardback edition to make sure it wasn't just the ebook and that said 13 August too. I'm UK btw

My belgian bookstore (at least the Flemish one) says it is also released the 13th; and like normally they sell the UK version. I was kind of sad, when I looked it up today if they were already selling the book in Belgium. I did look up before when the book would be released and I looked only the American one up and they do release it the 11th  :bang:

Archived