Order of Operations: Which comes first-Battle Against the Others or Dance 2.0?

anizzle

I think there will be no Dance 2.0. The Others will come first.

There are only two books left, how much longer could it take until the Others showed up in the south?

I guess there really isn't anytime left for two huge wars to happen separately. The end is nigh. :crying:

Can undead dragons breathe fire? If so I would be disappointed if the Others could control the very thing that is their kryptonite. If not, that'd be pretty cool I guess, but a dragon without fire is not nearly as dangerous, just a really (REALLY) big bird in the end.

I would imagine they can breathe ultra cold air that would have a similar effect as liquid nitrogen.

Yea I would love to see Dany thinking "oh this is easy, all those guys are super flammable and those "Other guys just melt like popsicles!" and then and ice dragon comes up and freezes the top of her skull off. That would really be tying a nice bow on the series.

If the Others could resurrect a dragon perhaps the newest rules of dragon riding (dragonseeds) could still apply. Throw Jon's dream of being armored in black ice into the mix along with GRRM's comment of the dark roads he still has to walk and you could make a pretty kick ass crackpot theory. I'm not saying I totally believe it but an undead Jon riding an undead dragon leading an undead army to exact his vengenge would be a pretty amazing tale.

If the Others could resurrect a dragon perhaps the newest rules of dragon riding (dragonseeds) could still apply. Throw Jon's dream of being armored in black ice into the mix along with GRRM's comment of the dark roads he still has to walk and you could make a pretty kick ass crackpot theory. I'm not saying I totally believe it but an undead Jon riding an undead dragon leading an undead army to exact his vengenge would be a pretty amazing tale.

Are saying Jon will be the Night's King?

Are saying Jon will be the Night's King?

Yup, it goes great with this threads Ice Dragon theory. Or rather, IF Jon became the King of Winter an ice breathing dragon would be an exciting addition. The Nights King theory, to me, makes an ice dragon all the more likely. Just speculating of course.

Undead dragons are all I've ever wanted that I didn't know I wanted...

Also, how would the Others resurrect a dragon? Wouldn't they need do their weirdo Ice magic on something that's physically present? Or could they resurrect something from just the bones? like from all the dragon bones in the Red Keep?

enter lich night king.

Night King can make wight dragons, it is known.

The Others are probably closer to invading (dead things in the water, Braavos' water freezing) than Dany is to coming to Westeros to start the Dance between herself and Aegon.

I take it that Aegon is going to lose, and right after the end Daenerys will notice that there's Others about (which will probably mean they are way past the North already.)

No help will come for the North as the South is too busy slaughtering each other.

The Others are probably closer to invading (dead things in the water, Braavos' water freezing) than Dany is to coming to Westeros to start the Dance between herself and Aegon.

I take it that Aegon is going to lose, and right after the end Daenerys will notice that there's Others about (which will probably mean they are way past the North already.)

No help will come for the North as the South is too busy slaughtering each other.

Aside from the first sentence I absolutely agree. I think that the Meereen situation will be over early in TWoW and that Daenerys' arc in the book will end with her landing in Westeros.

My overall predictions for the events that will take place, in approximate order:

TWoW:

Boltons are crushed by Stannis and the North, and the North procedes to turn on Stannis when Rickon returns

Daenerys returns and Yunkai is crushed

Euron takes the Reach (with Sam as his PoV)

Aegon takes King's Landing (with Tyrell+Martell support)

Jon revived

Deaths of Tommen and Myrcella

Sansa receives the support of the Vale and they declare for Rickon

Fall of House Lannister (Cersei and Jaime dead)

Daenerys lands.

ADoS:

first half:

prologue - the Wall comes down

The North tries (and fails) to hold off the Others

Daenerys declares war on Aegon

Euron is crushed by Victarion from the east and Aeron/Theon/Asha from the west. They declare for Daenerys

Aegon is defeated.

second half:

The Others cross the neck. The south, led by Daenerys, join with the last survivors of the Northern resistance, led by Jon.

My crackpot theory: Stannis flees beyond the Wall after the North turn on him. He isn't seen again until ADoS prologue, with his new army...

Archived