The last book before the TV series pass ahead

Welease Woger

So The Winds of Winter will be the last book in before the TV series pass ahead. Do you think this will mean something to the two next books?

I don't know, but if I were GRRM, I wouldn't want the TV series to reveal the big surprises of the story before I did, so I'm guessing the major revelations and twists are going to take place in The Winds of Winter. A Dream of Spring should be a more action paced book, but all cards should be on the table by then.

In the next book we should learn whether R+L=J, if Aegon is indeed fake and what are the plans of Littlefinger and Varys. Daenerys should finally head to Westeros and the WW invasion should start.

Is that plausible?

GRRM said his biggest fear regarding the show is having it pass the books so hopefully that won't happen. I wouldn't think the show would have any effect on his writing...and it shouldn't. I view them as seperate entities and if it did pass the books, I would stop watching.

The books are the books and the TV series is the series. If/when the TV show overtakes, I think Martin will be irritated but will stick to his guns. The books have a lot more character and plot in them anyway, so whilst the TV show might 'spoil' the overall ending, there's still going to be a lot of things that only the books will resolve.

I don't put it past Martin to come up with a better idea inbetween and give us a noticeably different ending in the books to the TV series anyway.

However, for what it's worth, many years ago GRRM said that we would learn about the truth of Jon's parentage in the last book, or the penultimate one. It is not impossible then that we will learn this in The Winds of Winter.

I do not think ADOS can come out before the TV series. I've entertained the thought of GRRM splitting in into two smaller books so he can tell as much of his story as he can before the showcatches up since that's a thought that evidently displeases him... but nah, don't believe that would happen

Archived