Marriages that would/could happen

Bruce Wayne

In a world where Robert and Ned are both alive as King and Hand, and Westeros not in war, what marriages you think would happen?

To me:

Sansa and Joffrey is almost certain that would happen.

Robb could be Dacey Mormont, Alys Karstark or Meera Reed. (He is no King in this world)

Jon Snow, even that he is not a Stark, I think some northern Lord of a minor house would want Ned's son, maybe Jeyne Poole.

Arya and Edric Dayne would be cool.

Bran and Shireen maybe?

Edmure and Roslin could be possible.

to the others I have no clue.

First, welcome to the forum, Bruce Wayne. May you enjoy here like the rest of us :cheers:

If Wo5K didn't happen, and both Robert and Ned survived:

1. Joffrey/Sansa would definitely happen

2. Robb would marry some Northern girl, most likely Alys Karstark or some great Southern House would be option, Margaery Tyrell, for instance.

3. Jon would still be in NW. His enlisting wasn't conditioned by Ned's and Robert's deaths and everything that followed

4. Arya would also be married to some Great House. Who knows, perhaps Trystane Martell, or Edric Dayne.

5. Edmure, well, yes, I imagine Roslin is viable option. Perhaps Myranda Royce.

First, welcome to the forum, Bruce Wayne. May you enjoy here like the rest of us :cheers:

2. Robb would marry some Northern girl, most likely Alys Karstark or some great Southern House would be option, Margaery Tyrell, for instance.

3. Jon would still be in NW.

for Robb that was what I thought about some Northern Girl, and i think Margaery would still marry Renly.

and, yes, i think Jon probably would join the NW, but I like to think who he would marry as Ned's bastard.

In a world where Robert and Ned are both alive as King and Hand, and Westeros not in war, what marriages you think would happen?

To me:

Sansa and Joffrey is almost certain that would happen.

Robb could be Dacey Mormont, Alys Karstark or Meera Reed. (He is no King in this world)

Jon Snow, even that he is not a Stark, I think some northern Lord of a minor house would want Ned's son, maybe Jeyne Poole.

Arya and Edric Dayne would be cool.

Bran and Shireen maybe?

Edmure and Roslin could be possible.

to the others I have no clue.

Yes and no.

1. Yes, unless Ned calls it off after seeing Joffrey's true nature

2. Robb cannotbmarry Alys, she was already betrothed to Daryn Hornwood. Maybe Meera Reed if Cate agrees.

3. Had Jon not gone to theNW, I see him marrying Jeyne as likely. Vayon Poole, Jeyne's fatger, is Ned's steward and Jon would likely join the WF guard. A guard woukd make perfect sense for Jeyne, who realy has no inheritance like Jon (no keep or lordship). I doubt theyd get along though

4. I thinkNed woukd have agreed to a match as a way to atone for Arthur. Theres definiely something up though; who names their kid after the person who was involved in the death of your bro?

5. Maybe. Hoster looked down on the Freys. Personally, I see Edmure marrying Rosln, but I also see him marrying any if the heiresses from the rivers.

Margaery plus Robert or Renly-she wants to be queen, and we know that renly was plotting with the tyrells in agot.

Arianne and viserys-unfortunately for arianne

Dany and drogo

A topic to which I can't reply with "Jon and Sansa"? Huh.

I like the idea of Rickon and sweet little Beth Cassel and the idea of Arya marrying into Dorne - it would have been one of the best options for her. Some age-appropriate candidates for Bran would be Eddara Tallhart or Lyanna Mormont. Wylla or Margaery or Myrcella for Robb. But one thing to consider is that Ned and Catelyn normally would have their children meet their potential spouses (like it was done with Alys and Robb) and mind their preferences. So Bran, for example, could still meet Meera and fall in love with her and some other unexpected matches could come to be because there was a spark. But every match would still go through the proper channels. And poor Sansa would still marry Joffrey, unless someone offed him before he came of age. Then she could happily marry Tommen in his stead.

Jon is really privileged in this aspect, compared to his brothers and sisters. He could count on eventually getting some land with a keep in the Gift and if he wanted Ned to arrange a match for him, Ned would have been happy to do so and could have easily set him up with a younger daughter of one of his bannermen or the heiress of some minor house. But if Jon fell in love with a lowborn girll and married her, no one would mind. He could have had freedom that no one else in the family would be able to afford without sabotaging their position.

I don't think Jon would marry Jeyne, though.

Yes and no.

1. Yes, unless Ned calls it off after seeing Joffrey's true nature

Margaery plus Robert or Renly-she wants to be queen, and we know that renly was plotting with the tyrells in agot.

Arianne and viserys-unfortunately for arianne

Dany and drogo

yes Ned wouldn't let Sansa married with someone like Joffrey, but I don't think Joffrey would show his true nature with Robert alive.

A topic to which I can't reply with "Jon and Sansa"? Huh.

But if Jon fell in love with a lowborn girll and married her, no one would mind.

haha, in the real Westeros I think Jon and Sansa would be great for the North or the 7 Kingdons.

and, yes, Jon could been happy and free, married with a lowborn girl that he liked.

yes Ned wouldn't let Sansa married with someone like Joffrey, but I don't think Joffrey would show his true nature with Robert alive.

Am I the only one who remembers that Ned let Sansa's infatuation grow, and that he broke that engagement, not when Joffrey showed his true nature, not even when his own father admitted Joffrey is troublesome, but when Robert pissed Ned. Ned was rather fine with Sansa marrying Joffrey such as he is, the problems erupted when his bromance hit the bottom.

for Robb that was what I thought about some Northern Girl, and i think Margaery would still marry Renly.

and, yes, i think Jon probably would join the NW, but I like to think who he would marry as Ned's bastard.

You welcome. Well, Margaery isn't the best choice, in either case. I mean, original plan was for Margaery to become Robert's mistress, so it's hard to tell whom she could have ended up with...

Am I the only one who remembers that Ned let Sansa's infatuation grow, and that he broke that engagement, not when Joffrey showed his true nature, not even when his own father admitted Joffrey is troublesome, but when Robert pissed Ned. Ned was rather fine with Sansa marrying Joffrey such as he is, the problems erupted when his bromance hit the bottom.

i'm not a great fan of Ned, but i don't think Ned actually saw Joffrey true nature.

Jon-Meera

Jon-Alys

Jon-Dacey

Jon-Wylla

Jon-Wynafryd

Jon isn't a little low to them?

i'm not a great fan of Ned, but i don't think Ned actually saw Joffrey true nature.

He knew perfectly well the truth about incident at Trident. He knew Joffrey was lying, and that Sansa was brought into impossible situation. He perfectly understood what type of boy Joffrey is. Ned admitted not liking him at least two times, and Robert told him that Joffrey is troublesome. In that conversation, Ned even admits to himself that he doesn't like Joffrey... And this was a guy who was perfectly fine his daughter marrying psychopath. Ned knew, but he had more pressing issues...

Jon isn't a little low to them?

Having a daughter married to the acknowledged bastard of your lord paramount who's father loves greatly is a prize comparable to marrying one of his legit children. Having a daughter marrying them would be quite the prize for a bannermen.

He knew perfectly well the truth about incident at Trident. He knew Joffrey was lying, and that Sansa was brought into impossible situation. He perfectly understood what type of boy Joffrey is. Ned admitted not liking him at least two times, and Robert told him that Joffrey is troublesome. In that conversation, Ned even admits to himself that he doesn't like Joffrey... And this was a guy who was perfectly fine his daughter marrying psychopath. Ned knew, but he had more pressing issues...

i understand your point, unfortunately Sansa made the wrong call, and her opinion would help Ned to make the right thing

btw Sansa is my favorite character

Having a daughter married to the acknowledged bastard of your lord paramount who's father loves greatly is a prize comparable to marrying one of his legit children. Having a daughter marrying them would be quite the prize for a bannermen.

is possible, maybe a second daughter of the house like wylla, and the mormonts doesn't seem to make a big deal about the father

Sansa Stark and Joffrey Baratheon(it was arrenged after all)

Robb Stark and Maegery Tyrell or Edmure Tally and Maegery Tyrell

Arya Stark and Robin Arryn (because Ned would like to marry one of his kids with Jon Arryn's kid)

Myrcella Baratheon and Tristan Martel

Bran Stark and Lyanna Mormont

i understand your point, unfortunately Sansa made the wrong call, and her opinion would help Ned to make the right thing

btw Sansa is my favorite character

Sansa had no word in this. Ned allowed his daughter's dangerous infatuation to grow, and suddenly he expected obedience and never for a second realized the consequences of his choice to allow Sansa to grow more and more in love with Joffrey by every day. Ned was the one who knew what Joffrey is, Ned was the one that could have saved his daughters earlier, Ned was the one who should have known better. Sansa was 11 year-old child. Ned was the grown-up, the responsible one.

Sansa had no word in this. Ned allowed his daughter's dangerous infatuation to grow, and suddenly he expected obedience and never for a second realized the consequences of his choice to allow Sansa to grow more and more in love with Joffrey by every day. Ned was the one who knew what Joffrey is, Ned was the one that could have saved his daughters earlier, Ned was the one who should have known better. Sansa was 11 year-old child. Ned was the grown-up, the responsible one.

I didn't mean if she still wanted to marry Joffrey, i mean if she told what happen in the trident, just to him, he could ended the engagement, but, yes, Ned should understand better the story

Sansa Stark and Joffrey Baratheon(it was arrenged after all)

Robb Stark and Maegery Tyrell or Edmure Tally and Maegery Tyrell

Arya Stark and Robin Arryn (because Ned would like to marry one of his kids with Jon Arryn's kid)

Myrcella Baratheon and Tristan Martel

Bran Stark and Lyanna Mormont

Arya and Robin would be a unique couple

Bran and Lyanna would great

and what you think about the others?

like Theon, Loras, Tyrion, Lysa.

I didn't mean if she still wanted to marry Joffrey, i mean if she told what happen in the trident, just to him, he could ended the engagement, but, yes, Ned should understand better the story

Sansa did tell Ned what happened. Ned knew the entire story perfectly well, as he also understood in what crappy situation he has brought his daughter in.

Sansa did tell Ned what happened. Ned knew the entire story perfectly well, as he also understood in what crappy situation he has brought his daughter in.

if she did, you're right, i'm sorry.

it is been a long time since I read AGOT, and I start to really like Sansa when Ned was arrested, so this first part of the book is not my favorite.

if she did, you're right, i'm sorry.

it is been a long time since I read AGOT, and I start to really like Sansa when Ned was arrested, so this first part of the book is not my favorite.

Here is the quote from the books:

“They were not the only ones present,” Ned said. “Sansa, come here.” Ned had heard her version of the story the night Arya had vanished. He knew the truth. “Tell us what happened.”

Archived