Arya's hit-list, Arya as an Assassin, and Arya's next kill...

WeaselPie

Arya's kill and hit lists

Dead, not on hit list

Stable Boy (by Arya)

Soldiers and Guards and a Squire (3-5 by Arya)

Dareon (by Arya as Cat o' the Canals)

Insurance guy in Braavos (on orders of HoBaW)

Weasel Soup at Harrenhall (w/ Jaqen, Rorge and Biter...I suppose this fulfills Jaqen's debt to her)

Dead, on hit list

Joffrey (By Tyrells? Inadvertantly Cersei? What if it was a FM plot?)

Ser Amory Lorch (the bear)

The Tickler (by Arya)

Polliver (by Sandor)

Ser Gregor (?) (by Oberyn)

Weese (by Jaqen, Arya named)

Chiswyck (by Jaqen, Arya named)

Alive, on hit list

Ser Ilyn (currently in Hayford en route to Riverrun)

Ser Meryn (currently in KL)

Queen Cersei (KL)

Dunsen (Maidenpool, then the Wall)

Raff the Sweetling (Maidenpool, then the wall)

Potentially adding to the list

Freys (if she knew names)

The Hound (she removed from list)

Ser Gregor (?)

Sooo, Arya the assassin is still in training, having been tested with the insurance dude. What if her next test is someone really important?

Who could someone very wealthy and influential want dead?

Short list (Speculation)

Dany

Tommen

Littlefinger

Tyrion

Melisandre

Stannis

Jon (if someone knows he is a Targ)

Sansa

Rickon

Thoros of Myr

Illyrio

Varys

So my questions would be, who is the most likely next target for Arya-in-training? And could that

target possibly bring her closer to her past somehow? Either near family, or near someone on her hit list,

or nearer someone who might make a major change in her future?

Might she detour from a commanded kill to find the rest on her personal list, or would she be too afraid of pissing off the FM?

The only other major Westerosi character possibly killed by a FM was Balon. We can also add Pate to this list.

Who else might the FM target? And who might Arya be ordered to target?

What if Arya is ordered to target Sansa or Rickon or Jon?

Or Thoros but she encounters her mom?

How far would the FM push Arya to prove she isn't Arya anymore, and will Arya take the bait?

Interested in your thoughts in any direction.

ete:sp

I do wonder if Arya will face Daenerys at some point. This, from the Dany chapter where she is losing her baby -

"What was wrong with them, couldn’t they see? Inside the tent the shapes were dancing, circling the brazier and the bloody bath, dark against the sandsilk, and some did not look human. She glimpsed the shadow of a great wolf, and another like a man wreathed in flames".

Martin, George R. R. (2010-12-23). A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) (p. 691). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle Edition.

Maybe the reason that "they" couldn't see was because it was not really happening, it was a vision. I think the great wolf could be Arya, the man wreathed in fire dancing around a brazier maybe Sandor? Dunno about the bloody bath.

What if Arya is ordered to target Sansa or Rickon or Jon?

Or Thoros but she encounters her mom?

FM won't send Arya on an assignment to kill someone she knows. Hell, they're even aware of her hit list. In general, I doubt they'll send her to Westeros, they know she has a vendetta against several people there. (*Cue Arya eventually going rogue*).

On the other hand, I do like theory of her being undercover as one of Varys' little birds.

FM won't send Arya on an assignment to kill someone she knows. Hell, they're even aware of her hit list. In general, I doubt they'll send her to Westeros, they know she has a vendetta against several people there. (*Cue Arya eventually going rogue*).

On the other hand, I do like theory of her being undercover as one of Varys' little birds.

Why wouldn't they send her wherever she might be needed, if she excels in her training?

Are you saying Varys's birds have an association with the FM? I never saw that one coming.... but I do think Arya may ACT as a little bird in the passages at KL.

I think IIIlyrio or someone working for him will show up at the HoBaW or wherever Arya is and will hire her to kill one of Aegon's enemies: Littlefinger or Sansa.

It makes sense that Varys would acknowledge the threat that is LF and would try to remove him from the game.

And also, in aCoK, during the burning of the Seven, the statues clearly represent the Starks and the Maiden (Sansa) is laying in the arms of the Warrior (Arya, since Cat sees her face in the Warrior's in aCoK), and this could foreshadow a tragic meeting between them (though I hope it's not that tragic)

Why wouldn't they send her wherever she might be needed, if she excels in her training?

Are you saying Varys's birds have an association with the FM? I never saw that one coming.... but I do think Arya may ACT as a little bird in the passages at KL.

The whole point of the FM organization is for assassins to kill people that they don't know (pretty sure the Kindly Man stated that somewhere).

I got the 'Arya becoming a little bird' theory from Fire Eater. :)

I'm without my source material, but I seem to recall blind Arya sitting in the meeting of FM as they were divving up new targets. Pretty sure they went around and made sure no one was assigned anyone they knew personally. Assuming I'm not psychotic and that scene did actually happen, it would mean Arya would not be asked to kill Jon, Rickorn, Littlefinger, Tyrion, Sansa, Sandor, etc.

Then again, Arya is so very good at following rules and doing as she's told. Also pretty sure the fact Needle is still in play means there is a 110% chance she goes rouge.

I'm without my source material, but I seem to recall blind Arya sitting in the meeting of FM as they were divving up new targets. Pretty sure they went around and made sure no one was assigned anyone they knew personally. Assuming I'm not psychotic and that scene did actually happen, it would mean Arya would not be asked to kill Jon, Rickorn, Littlefinger, Tyrion, Sansa, Sandor, etc.

Then again, Arya is so very good at following rules and doing as she's told. Also pretty sure the fact Needle is still in play means there is a 110% chance she goes rouge.

Agree. She knows LF, but she doesn't know Alayne Stone :frown5:

...Arya could lie. But she would probably not lie about family. Unless she saw it as a chance to reunite with them?

Didn't think of that. She goes off to kill Alayne Stone and finds Sansa? Wonder if the FM have an opinion on that. If she kills someone she knows, do they get angry? Is she supposted to report back, saying to send someone else in her stead? Would she do that? Or just wait for Alayne to become Sansa again-problem solved. After all, "A man needs a name."

...Arya could lie. But she would probably not lie about family. Unless she saw it as a chance to reunite with them?

Always wondered if the FM know who she really is, for some reason I think they do. Could lead to Arya trying to intercept one of her fellow FM to protect a family member. FM duel, anyone?

Didn't think of that. She goes off to kill Alayne Stone and finds Sansa? Wonder if the FM have an opinion on that. If she kills someone she knows, do they get angry? Is she supposted to report back, saying to send someone else in her stead? Would she do that? Or just wait for Alayne to become Sansa again-problem solved. After all, "A man needs a name."

That's sort of where I was going. Most of the important people (who other people might want dead) are close to people Arya knows, including her family. Would the FM know every single person around a target?

Ayra has already learned to lie to the Kindly Man (about warging, about Needle), so I wouldn't be surprised if she twisted some other truths to get closer to her targets and/or family.

Always wondered if the FM know who she really is, for some reason I think they do. Could lead to Arya trying to intercept one of her fellow FM to protect a family member. FM duel, anyone?

Ahhh Arya learning that one of her family is targeted, and she intercepts and duels with them. I like it! And what if it's Jaqen or Syrio?

She'll recognize Sansa since Sansa's entire "disguise" is simply her dying her hair. Either way, I see Arya going rogue and breaking away from the FM. She's already having issues with becoming "no one" to which they are definitely aware of.

That's really interesting. The only problem I can see with that is that there are plenty of people who would have motive for wanting Sansa dead, but none of those people are aware of her current identity as Alayne, at least I'm not sure how anyone could be. Maybe Varys, but I'd wager that Varys has other concerns and is not focuses, at least not primarily, on Sansa and I don't think Varys would even want her killed.

Conversely, anyone that might have figured out her true identity would have to be someone that Sansa interacted with while at the Eyrie, since I'm sure LF didn't tell anyone about his plan.

So the people who might want her dead don't know that she's Alayne Stone, and the people who could possible know she's Alayne Stone have no reason to want her dead. LF did a pretty good job with that scheme, IMO.

Although I have hopes that Sansa's story arc will go on to more important things, which could possibly result in somebody wanting her dead for some reason or another. I've given up trying to predict LF's schemes that far in advance.

What I don't get about the faceless men is why they are not utilised more often. I get that they're expensive but there are a whole bunch of rich and powerful people around who are going about bringing down their enemies the old fashioned, less effective way. Surely someone as highly visible and dangerous as Dany warrants such an investment?

I think they do too and I don't think it was chance that she met Jaqen and ended up in Braavos either. But I believe in the end, Arya is going to choose to be Arya and she's going to majorly mess with someone's plans. Though, hopefully not 'til after she has taken out Littlefinger and Dany. :D

Archived