Arya's hit-list, Arya as an Assassin, and Arya's next kill...

WeaselPie

Worse possible scenario - having to kill the one you love most. Or learning tha the one you love most has a "contract" on him/her, and having to stop it. And who would THAT be, I wonder....? What would she do if it was Jon Snow to die? Her beloved half brother, who ruffled her hair, and spent time with her, and gave her Needle?

Worse possible scenario - having to kill the one you love most. Or learning tha the one you love most has a "contract" on him/her, and having to stop it. And who would THAT be, I wonder....? What would she do if it was Jon Snow to die? Her beloved half brother, who ruffled her hair, and spent time with her, and gave her Needle?

But this wouldn't be anytime soon. She'll probably squeeze a few more more acceptable kills in first. This would be saved for near the end of final book.

Absolutely... that's a great fear I have for Arya, and possibly one that the FM would use to test her. But it could possibly be used to position her where she needs to be, knowing she will defy them? We don't know enough about the FM's motives... if the HoBaW has an agenda or not.

Going off topic a bit here, but that made me think of something. If Arya has a special, named sword...and let's say she kills a Lannister Lion at some point...and then has to kill "The one she loves the most"... I mean, I don't really buy where I'm going, but Arya's "hit list" could set her up to fufill a certian prophecy.

However, still wouldn't be nearly as compelling to me as many of the other thoughts brough up here.

Going off topic a bit here, but that made me think of something. If Arya has a special, named sword...and let's say she kills a Lannister Lion at some point...and then has to kill "The one she loves the most"... I mean, I don't really buy where I'm going, but Arya's "hit list" could set her up to fufill a certian prophecy.

However, still wouldn't be nearly as compelling to me as many of the other thoughts brough up here.

...or the pursuit of a someone on her hit list could bring her close to someone who loves her the most, and she is used to fulfill a certain prophecy...

Somehow that hurts even more. Either way, THAT would be a brutal story arc.

And unfortunately it makes sense to the prophecies, and possibly to the motives of the HoBaW. :(

Two people still on her original list are heading to the Wall after Maidenpool.

So you think it's possible they may test her with a family member? Or possibly... someone like Gendry?

It's just my theory, but yes. It wouldn't be much of a test if it were someone on her kill list or a family enemy--it's bound to be someone she likes or loves. I do like your mention of Gendry, because she certainly likes him. If at some point Stannis and Shireen and Edric Storm die--some enterprising would-be king would want Gendry eliminated. So it's possible.

It's just my theory, but yes. It wouldn't be much of a test if it were someone on her kill list or a family enemy--it's bound to be someone she likes or loves. I do like your mention of Gendry, because she certainly likes him. If at some point Stannis and Shireen and Edric Storm die--some enterprising would-be king would want Gendry eliminated. So it's possible.

I agree with this, and I fear it... which is probably why Arya will be tested exactly this way. The plus is that she may decide not to do it when push comes to shove. But it will put her where the action is, and in the proximity of lots of other people we all hope she meets up with.

She may get put to a Jamie style impossible choice eventually but I really think the first kill she makes on the revenge spree will be that Frey in bravos. He's about as innocent as a Frey gets and killing him will mean she intends to kill every damn one no matter what their role in the RW. She says as much to herself when riding away with the hound after her Catelyn wolf dream. I want to see as many Arya Frey moments as possible.

Archived