Arya's hit-list, Arya as an Assassin, and Arya's next kill...

WeaselPie

LOL. She would just say "alright" and peace out.

Easiest escape ever.

I was thinking Arya "Mrs. Ramsey Bolton" Stark. I'm sure her death fits in someone's plot, right? But now that she's out...only we know she's out. Maybe Ramsey will replace the (f)Arya with a (f)(f)Arya. lol Or maybe I'm just too tired today...

Yes, you're right, I think that's also a good possibility. Personally, I'd rather have a Sansa-Aegon marriage than a Aegon-Arianne one

Glad you see my argument then. -_- I mean honestly if I were Varys I'd kill LF and use a Sansa and Aegon alliance to get the people of the North to get behind Aegon's cause, thus, reuniting the North with the crown/throne.

Glad you see my argument then. -_- I mean honestly if I were Varys I'd kill LF and use a Sansa and Aegon alliance to get the people of the North to get behind Aegon's cause, thus, reuniting the North with the crown/throne.

So would the FM (if hired by Varys) dispatch Arya to kill LF, or could they possibly know about Alayne/Sansa and that would be a no-no?

Great list. But who do you think is the most likely next target of an important client of the FM? The client would need the means and the knowledge to hire them... and it would need to be worth it.

Of the list I presented? Here's some possibilities...

- Daenerys (for obvious reasons)

- Margaery Tyrell (or Garlan or Willas or QoT for that matter) - Because either Cersei or Euron would give much to see House Tyrell fall. Typical "gamf of thrones" reasons.

- any of the Martells including Sand Snakes - Dorne undermined, same reason as the Tyrells but less clear who would initiate it.

- Ramsay Bolton - for all the bad shit he's done, might some relative of lady Hornwood offer their life to end his ? Might Roose or Walda Frey do it, to eliminate him as a future threat to their kids ?

- The Blackfish - Out of desperation to be rid of him, the Freys hire a FM ?

- Harry the Heir - Needs to have a fatal accident (eventually) so Littlfinger can claim the Vale and Sansa for himself.

- the High Sparrow - clear enough why, to stop the militancy of the Faith

- Euron Greyjoy - a major threat to Oldtown and Westeros

- Marwyn the Mage - the Grey Rats decide he threatens their grand scheme

- (f) Aegon - the supposed heir of House Targaryen will have a big fat target painted on himself

- Benerro - the religious threat much like the High Sparrow, but one who has been calling for a slave revolt / allegiance to Dany, across all of Essos

Well I was just musing something. MMD tells Dany that only death can pay for life. But we learn from Jaqen that each life she saved owes a death to the Red God, so he's pretty much saying only life can pay for death... that's the currency he used; three lives saved by Arya = 3 deaths earned by Arya. I wonder if Arya will take advantage of that later....

So would the FM (if hired by Varys) dispatch Arya to kill LF, or could they possibly know about Alayne/Sansa and that would be a no-no?

LF would be the numero uno target for the FM. I doubt they'll send Arya on the mission though, like you said, they'll probably find out about the Alayne/Sansa Stark connection and that will be a no-go for Arya.

If the consensus seems to be that the next likely targets for an FM assassination are Dany and Petyr... who would be the one ordering the kill, and what would they pay for it? Do they need to pay a life? Save a life? Pay a ton of gold? I know that's sort of another topic... but who would have the means to order a kill on either Dany or LF?

Varys might have other means, but not the gold, I don't think. Illyrio would have the gold, so would Cersei, the Tyrells, possibly others.

Varys would want LF dead. Not sure if he would want Dany dead, because she could align with fAegon. I can't see Illyrio ordering a hit on Dany after all he's invested in her. The Lannisters don't seem to care much about the Targs or LF, neither do the Tyrells.

A faceless man is already in the Citadel trying to get info on Dany (we think)... maybe there's already a hit in progress?

Well I was just musing something. MMD tells Dany that only death can pay for life. But we learn from Jaqen that each life she saved owes a death to the Red God, so he's pretty much saying only life can pay for death... that's the currency he used; three lives saved by Arya = 3 deaths earned by Arya. I wonder if Arya will take advantage of that later....

If that equation works both ways, I wonder how many she has built up on credit ?

If the consensus seems to be that the next likely targets for an FM assassination are Dany and Petyr... who would be the one ordering the kill, and what would they pay for it? Do they need to pay a life? Save a life? Pay a ton of gold? I know that's sort of another topic... but who would have the means to order a kill on either Dany or LF?

Varys might have other means, but not the gold, I don't think. Illyrio would have the gold, so would Cersei, the Tyrells, possibly others.

Varys would want LF dead. Not sure if he would want Dany dead, because she could align with fAegon. I can't see Illyrio ordering a hit on Dany after all he's invested in her. The Lannisters don't seem to care much about the Targs or LF, neither do the Tyrells.

A faceless man is already in the Citadel trying to get info on Dany (we think)... maybe there's already a hit in progress?

^^Maybe the maesters from the Citadel? I mean, we know that they want to prevent magic from entering the world again and the way to do that is to kill the dragons/Dany (well I'm guessing on this one since I'm pretty lost on how magic works in this universe). :dunno:

Agree. She knows LF, but she doesn't know Alayne Stone :frown5:

Ned to Arya "try not to skewer your sister with it" (needle), can't remember if it was book show or both, but that line and Sir Illyn Payne floating around makes me nervous.

Ned to Arya "try not to skewer your sister with it" (needle), can't remember if it was book show or both, but that line and Sir Illyn Payne floating around makes me nervous.

“Arya, what did you think to do with this … Needle? Who did you hope to skewer? Your sister? Septa Mordane? Do you know the first thing about sword fighting?”

Martin, George R. R. (2010-12-23). A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) (p. 215). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle Edition.

“Arya, what did you think to do with this … Needle? Who did you hope to skewer? Your sister? Septa Mordane? Do you know the first thing about sword fighting?”

Martin, George R. R. (2010-12-23). A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) (p. 215). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle Edition.

Maybe show, it's said to her when he gave it back to her.

^^Maybe the maesters from the Citadel? I mean, we know that they want to prevent magic from entering the world again and the way to do that is to kill the dragons/Dany (well I'm guessing on this one since I'm pretty lost on how magic works in this universe). :dunno:

Or.... a maester, doesn't have to be from the Citadel. Someone who knows secrets might be at the Citadel? Pycelle sure is a dodgy character, I wonder if he would have the means? Anyway, something alerted Marwyn to Sam's arrival with Aemon's revelation about Dany... and maybe the message was intercepted. That FM is searching for info that could only be about Dany IMO. And Marwyn not only has a Valyrian steel link but a Valyrian mask and rod as well... that dude is totally into the occult and magic angle.

What I don't understand is why anyone uses them at all. FM want you to be ready to pay with like half or most of what you have which is precious to you. If you only have your life, with your life then. People are easily killable, and at their times, especially so. Hell, Bran and Catelyn would be killed by one greasy loser if not for Summer, and that was one lousy assas. attempt.

Ok, if you're an ordinary shmook who wants to kill Dany, then yes, I can see appeal of that. In most other cases murder would be easy to organize without paying such huge price.

In fact, I wonder why people don't use "mediators" to order hits from Faceless. Probably to scared to cheat them. What I mean is, you convince some fanatic that Dany must die. The way ruler of Netherlands was killed, or Henry IV of France, Beckengham, and few others. Only instead of fanatic doing the kill by himself, he goes to FM and offers to give half of everything he has, an eye, a daughter, whatever precious thing he has. And voila - you get Dany killed on a cheap. Instead of you - great lord - giving up half of what you have, some poor loser gives up left eye, beloved dog and old shovel. You can even compensate him later.

In fact, I wonder why people don't use "mediators" to order hits from Faceless. Probably to scared to cheat them. What I mean is, you convince some fanatic that Dany must die. The way ruler of Netherlands was killed, or Henry IV of France, Beckengham, and few others. Only instead of fanatic doing the kill by himself, he goes to FM and offers to give half of everything he has, an eye, a daughter, whatever precious thing he has. And voila - you get Dany killed on a cheap. Instead of you - great lord - giving up half of what you have, some poor loser gives up left eye, beloved dog and old shovel. You can even compensate him later.

That's a creative solution. But I feel that with all the magic the FM have, they will know if you are lying about your intentions/wealth. They would either turn down your offer, or worse.

What I don't understand is why anyone uses them at all. FM want you to be ready to pay with like half or most of what you have which is precious to you. If you only have your life, with your life then. People are easily killable, and at their times, especially so. Hell, Bran and Catelyn would be killed by one greasy loser if not for Summer, and that was one lousy assas. attempt.

Ok, if you're an ordinary shmook who wants to kill Dany, then yes, I can see appeal of that. In most other cases murder would be easy to organize without paying such huge price.

I think hiring a lesser-classed person might possibly work for "smaller" jobs ... but I think very few lesser-class people would agree to such losses without pre-payment (like... a jug of Arbor gold *heh*). Plus, I think the FM would know a patsy offering an eye to kill the King versus a person of means wanting to quietly eliminate a political enemy at great cost. Anyone could say "kill the king" but few would actually have the means and commitment to pay the going price.

I always assumed the price to eliminate someone was based both on the worth of the target and the buyer. If anyone wants someone killed it costs them dearly, be they peasant or noble. But if someone wants a king killed, does the price go up? Otherwise it seems we'd have FM killing off kings and queens faster than they'd find replacements.

Archived