The Next 'GRRM' Moment to hit Westeros/Essos? (Possible Spoilers)

Ser Pigeon Pie

I'm sure we as true fans have experienced these moments at least once whilst reading the series; a gut-wrenching, mind-blowing event which turns our insides out and defies all common belief we once held before picking up the first book. Some top examples of these 'GRRM' moments include the Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Tyrion killing Tywin, Ned with no head, the list could go on and on. The point I'm trying to get at is that there are bound to be plenty of 'GRRM' moments to delight us or crush us to our hearts content. And with so many potential futures that vary depending on the outcome of events left off or only beginning at the end of ADWD (two major battles, Jons "death", Aegons conquest, etc) I expect we will see or several of these moments kicking off in the early stages of TWOW. So what I want to know is what you think will be the next 'GRRM' moment and who will it involve? Maybe a major characters untimely death? A "shocking" revelation about a character we would never expect? Or maybe even an unlikely alliance that could prove totally awesome?

I honestly believe GRRM had planned R+L=J to be the major breech-soiling moment of the next book. However, now that is has been seen, proven, and filed away into the archives, can it still hold weight as being one of those moments if it is not as impactful? It is still definitely going to be one of the biggest events in the next two books, and will be the one to tell your grand kids about. But has it lost its effectiveness enough to not be considered? Only time will tell.

Let me know your thoughts.. :)

If Jon gets resurrected/resurfaces in a sense, that will be pretty awesome to see. But, not really surprising.

Surprising moments are hard to predict, since, you know, they're surprising :p.

I'd say Stannis' death will come suddenly and shockingly, or maybe GRRM will kill off a major character that we wouldn't expect to get killed off so early (Dany, Tyrion, Arya etc.)

If Jon gets resurrected/resurfaces in a sense, that will be pretty awesome to see. But, not really surprising.

Surprising moments are hard to predict, since, you know, they're surprising :p.

I'd say Stannis' death will come suddenly and shockingly, or maybe GRRM will kill off a major character that we wouldn't expect to get killed off so early (Dany, Tyrion, Arya etc.)

Stannis' death would definitely be a huge moment, but because it's widely thought to actually happen it wouldn't be as shocking as someone like Tyrion or Aryas departure. Rickons death would be the one to end them all!! (edit: knocking on wood so it doesnt happen however)

Aegon being totally legit would just blow my mind, don't see it happening though.

As for the one that probably will happen I would have to go with whatever Sansa does to get rid of Littlefinger.

I can definitely see Sansa rising as Littlefinger 2.0 to be a GRRM moment, but I have feeling we might not see that for a while however.

It may not hold as much weight with all of us, but I'll guarantee you that the vast, vast majority of fans will likely be pretty blown away by that particular reveal!

I'm sure a true fan of the show has probably cracked that idea without the forums. I was having a conversation with my mother last week who is an avid show watcher but has yet to pick up the books. We started talking about Jons possible fathers and she picked up on that with only a few extra details I told her. Still, it will be a massive part of the upcoming book!

I think the outcome of the Battle of Ice has potential to be surprising:

- Rickon arrives with a horde of skaagosi riding unicorns. As they tear the Boltons and Freys a new asshole, Stannis thinks they've come to help him, until a unicorn horn runs through Clayton Suggs' heart...

- Just before Theon's about to be beheaded in front of the heart tree, Asha tells Stannis: "Wait, your Grace! I can pay for my brother's life!" Stannis replies: "I told you, there's not enough gold in your Islands that can pay for that!" And Asha says: "No, your grace. I pay the iron price" and right then Dagmer Cleftjaw and a bunch of Ironborn appear and smash Clayton Suggs' head with an axe...

- Just before Theon's about to be beheaded in front of the heart tree, the ravens start screaming "run! run!" and Stannis turns around to see a blue-eyed corpse running a spear through Clayton Suggs' gut...

- After Stannis defeats the Boltons, he walks into Winterfell and finds Mance Rayder, alive and smiling smugly, sitting in the lord's seat. As Stannis' commands the Manderly troops to kill him, the soldiers turn to him instead as Wyman Manderly says "I'm sorry your Grace, but the North remembers", and one of the soldiers run a knife through Clayton Suggs' eye...

- Just as the it seems the Boltons are going to win, Hardying and Stark banners appear in the distance, as Harry the Heir runs his sword through Clayton Suggs' face...

- Rickon arrives with a horde of skaagosi riding unicorns. As they tear the Boltons and Freys a new asshole, Stannis thinks they've come to help him, until a unicorn horn runs through Clayton Suggs' heart...

- Just before Theon's about to be beheaded in front of the heart tree, Asha tells Stannis: "Wait, your Grace! I can pay for my brother's life!" Stannis replies: "I told you, there's not enough gold in your Islands that can pay for that!" And Asha says: "No, your grace. I pay the iron price" and right then Dagmer Cleftjaw and a bunch of Ironborn appear and smash Clayton Suggs' head with an axe...

- Just before Theon's about to be beheaded in front of the heart tree, the ravens start screaming "run! run!" and Stannis turns around to see a blue-eyed corpse running a spear through Clayton Suggs' gut...

- After Stannis defeats the Boltons, he walks into Winterfell and finds Mance Rayder, alive and smiling smugly, sitting in the lord's seat. As Stannis' commands the Manderly troops to kill him, the soldiers turn to him instead as Wyman Manderly says "I'm sorry your Grace, but the North remembers", and one of the soldiers run a knife through Clayton Suggs' eye...

- Just as the it seems the Boltons are going to win, Hardying and Stark banners appear in the distance, as Harry the Heir runs his sword through Clayton Suggs' face...

All excellent options, but what did Clayton Suggs ever do to you?

I really like all of these, especially because they end in the death of Clayton Suggs! Jon of the Dead I think you need to co-write the next books!! ;)

All excellent options, but what did Clayton Suggs ever do to you?

Nothing, I just think his face cries out for an axe :devil:

I really like all of these, especially because they end in the death of Clayton Suggs! Jon of the Dead I think you need to co-write the next books!! ;)

They'd be pretty lame, I think. I'd just have Thoros resurrecting and killing Clayton Suggs in a different way over and over again

Any one of these would be an absolutely transcendent thing to behold.

Seriously, fuck Clayton Suggs.

They'd be pretty lame, I think. I'd just have Thoros resurrecting and killing Clayton Suggs in a different way over and over again

Until proven otherwise, I have chosen to believe that Qyburn's whole Franken-Mountaining perfection process is in the service of the ultimate scene of justice/vengeance. This way anyone with a grievance against Ser Gregor Clegane, The Mountain That Rides can take their own individual turn literally killing the shit out of him. Then Ol' Q fixes him up right quick and it's on to Riverlands Smallfolk #137. Justice for everyone in the old dragonpit!

I see no reason why Clayton "Fuck You For Using Cunt As An Epithet" Suggs can't be franken-ed once the carnage of "Robert Strong" finally concludes.

Dany finally lands with her dragons and her armies in Westeros, and is ready for the penultimate battle for the Iron Throne with the remaining contenders. Suddenly while standing somewhere random, a tree branch falls and crushes her to death instantly for no reason.

Archived