We will never get AA or a Prince that was Promised

Freypeat!

In Grrm's world, free will and fate seem to co-exist (as we see witth Moqorro in adwd), so I think the relationship between prophesy and fulfilment is more complicated than just 'let it happen'. Prophesies are glimpses of the future, a future which includes people's (often failed) attempts to fulfill prophesies.

Agreed, otherwise the many prophesies have just been a waste of time thus far. I doubt George would waste that much of his/our time dreaming up these prophesies if he wasn't going to do anything with them. If you don't like fantasy tropes what the hell are you doing reading a fantasy novel?!

You're hatred for dragons has nothing to do with the fact that you accept some fantasy tropes and not others. George has a way of making all "corny" elements of fantasy believable. And he will do the same with his "savior". The saviors motivations and meanings may not be pure but if they save the realm they will go down in westeros history as a living god, i.e bran the builder etc. There will be a savior one way or another there is no doubt, who it will be is the question, hell maybe the others are the saviors, either way I doubt he would destroy his realm to dissuade against fantasy tropes.

My mention of dragons was just superfluous. Don't put great importance on it.

Otherwise I agree to your point. The motives may be partially associate with evil but if they end up saving the realm, it's not a typical heroic journey after all.

If and when we find out who AA and TPTWP is, i cannot wait for GRRM to shock and awe us all. I read the AGOT years ago and did not realize there were other books until 2010. I was in my glory with the re-read of GOT's and following books. I expect a bittersweet ending, a total blindside on who ends up being up the actual people we think they are or will be.

Love reading this forum and can't wait to find out if any of our theories are even close to what will actually be. This site is keeping me satisfied, along with re-reads, until TWOW is finally available to read.

My mention of dragons was just superfluous. Don't put great importance on it.

Otherwise I agree to your point. The motives may be partially associate with evil but if they end up saving the realm, it's not a typical heroic journey after all.

If millions of lives are saved it will be heroic to all of those who survive, regardless of the means

Nope. But I can say I liked asoiaf before AA and PTWP were mentioned more frequently, mostly before ADWD.

If the mere 'mentioning' of AA and PtwP single handedly made you dislike the series, then yes I would read different books instead. You insinuated 'many' feel the same way as you. In my time at the forum, I've never heard such a strong dislike for this aspect of the books.

BTW PtwP is hardly mentioned, and Azor Ahai is mainly mentioned by one character, who's had 1 pov. Infact, in a DwD tptwp isn't even mentioned, that must have been so offputting.

If the mere 'mentioning' of AA and PtwP single handedly made you dislike the series, then yes I would read different books instead. You insinuated 'many' feel the same way as you. In my time at the forum, I've never heard such a strong dislike for this aspect of the books.

BTW PtwP is hardly mentioned, and Azor Ahai is mainly mentioned by one character, who's had 1 pov. Infact, in a DwD tptwp isn't even mentioned, that must have been so offputting.

I didn't mean that Azor Azai and Prince thingy were mentioned frequently IN THE BOOKS. I meant people began to talk about this a lot after release of ADWD

People can dislike an element of a story but still like the overall story. Have you considered that?

Yes we have considered that. But not when it has to do with the resolution of the series. I could see of you didn't like mycha or dontos dying, but not the mentioning of AA or any other savior figure. I mean come on of there's not gonna be a savior of some sort what kind of story would that be? Every cynical dumbass thinks westeros will be utterly destroyed to prove all fantasy tropes wrong.

I didn't mean that Azor Azai and Prince thingy were mentioned frequently IN THE BOOKS. I meant people began to talk about this a lot after release of ADWD

You are not allowed to have a difference of opinion, especially if everyone thinks it's invalid. I'm on my way to collect your books. If they are on a kindle or tablet, I will have to collect that too.

You are not allowed to have a difference of opinion, especially if everyone thinks it's invalid. I'm on my way to collect your books. If they are on a kindle or tablet, I will have to collect that too.

Nobody ever said that, but if you don't want your opinions judged by others in one way or another don't post them on a FORUM. I'm okay with you having your own opinion and I respect that. Regardless I'm always going to say what I think about it if you post it in a forum. If you don't want your theories/opinions picked apart by people or are easily offended by what others think I suggest keeping said opinions to yourself. Otherwise I'm down to talk this out all night long

So you're going to let what people talk about ruin a great series for you? Sad.

Well, with many people mentionng it means that it's gonna be an important aspect in the book.

I never said this ruins the entire book though. I just liked previous ones better.

Well, with many people mentionng it means that it's gonna be an important aspect in the book.

I never said this ruins the entire book though. I just liked previous ones better.

Well I don't know for sure whether or not it will be important and by some odd chance I may be wrong. With all of the speculation and waiting about this prophesy I am led to believe that it will have a huge impact on the world of asoiaf, although I've been wrong before. I don't knock your opinion of the previous books, personally I liked aGoT through aSoS better than the rest as well but I believe it will all make sense and be worthwhile when the whole story is realized and finished. Only then will we truly have a realization of George's true story. I just don't see shooting down the whole AA theory at this point as a valid argument

Archived