Sansa Stark

Winter's Knight

Sansa's storyline is the most unpredictable. I am not sure that the choice is between LF and SR. With the board constantly changing, an 8 year old might be easier to manipulate than a grown man, no matter how cute Sansa is. Not to mention that the whole Harry the Heir plan does have some serious flaws.

It seems so damned flawed, I seriously doubt that it's LF real plan.

Sansa's storyline is the most unpredictable. I am not sure that the choice is between LF and SR. With the board constantly changing, an 8 year old might be easier to manipulate than a grown man, no matter how cute Sansa is. Not to mention that the whole Harry the Heir plan does have some serious flaws.

That's true, but I wouldn't put it past LF to marry Sansa to Harry the Heir, wait until she's born him a child, then kill Harry and marry Sansa himself. He would be Lord Protector of both the North and the Vale and could control the little lord from day one.

Inheritance Entrepreneurs are popping up all over. Ramsay, Finger, Renly, it's time for a town hall meeting to declare a lockdown on A-holes, so there's no more using the letter of the law to grab land or gold. Or else it's time to (gasp) birth a new profession---lawyers! Because as things stand now only the bad guys have the ability to take advantage of the rules..... put lawyers in place and at least then the good guys could hire their own expert to fight back against these rules-of-succession pervs.

My hope for the Sansa POV's conclusion is that it justifies all this over-emphasis. Like, say there's a runaway avalanche of chaos as the Others rampage the north and Petyr is the only one with a quick enough brain to adapt to the menace, strategically saving some of his river peoples while sacrificing the remainder of them in ways that draw the Others into traps or gullies while the rest of humanity merely panics, etc. (In other words the survivors will be "grateful" but they'll also realize Pete doomed so many people with his horribly fateful decisions that everyone will want this guy gone as soon as the crisis is over. --> Public support for the Sansa Takeover). So during the crisis he gathers an army to himself that way, by being the the one who's least flustered until troops pick up on that and rally in support of what he's doing. Then, as Pete & Sansa's camp is becoming a real military power, Sansa sees his big board of what the plan had been for her acsendence to greatness in society, and she simply uses that blueprint to rise just as high in station but without hoodwinking people now that the opportunity is there to earn their allegiance more honestly by helping them survive the Others.

Archived