Isn't Varys's next step to find Gendry?

The Fourth Head

No I am by no means saying that Gendry is Cersi son. I am just pointing out that some are arguing that Gendry isCersi's. NOt in this post on you tube. This mother and son are saying that Gendry is really Cersi's. I think that the boy is just roberts's bastard. Yet I would like to point your attention to something about Gendry and why else I feel that he's headed to the wall.

For starters he was raised in the faith of the seven. Then when he's running with the BWB he changes his religions. It's been stated in text that as a bandit his life can only end in two way either by being hanged or to spend his life on the wall. Then there is the fact that he was trained by a master smith. The very smith that reforged Ice. Gendry is needed on the wall. His skill with metal and he can deal with mel. If at the wall she's met Renly which is who Gendry looks like and Renly looked like a young Renly yet she could see that the boy was roberts get. There is magic in Kings Blood. Then there is the fact that there is a bond between Ayra and Gendry. He knows that she has a bastard brother on the wall. Gendry was the only one that knew who she was. Different roads often times lead to the same castle. They need a smith on the wall. The Red star sacred to the smith is the thief in the North.

I don't think that Gendry is going to like what the BWB are starting to stand for. They are hanging innocent people. Brianne was upholding her oath. Both to Jamie and Lady Stark. It's Cat that is being an oathbreaker. Gendry joined the BWB because they were honorable. There is no honor amongest thieves anymore under lady stone heart. She's got no mercy in her left. So no I don't think that he will be spending much more time with Lady Stoneheart.

If not Gendry who is there to work the forge at the wall? Do you know of any other trained smiths that are being sent to the wall that we have seen that has kings blood in his veins? IF you have I would love to know where M'lord.

But Gendry changing his faith doesn't mean anything, other than that there are multiple characters in the story who have done so? Life as a bandit ends up with death or a life at the Wall if you get caught. The brotherhood Gendry has joined are only seen as rebels and bandits because they are chasing Lannister men - something which they had legally been charged to do. If another monarch sits the IT at the end of the series, they could very well be pardoned.

Tobho indeed reforged Ice. But Gendry has never said anything about whether or not he has learned any special skills to handle Valyrian steel. And it's not like there are no smiths ever going to the Wall. That Gendry is one of the few we actually know that is still alive (he and Tobho are the only once I believe) does not mean he's eventually going to end up at the Wall. Another smith could easily suddenly appear after all the fighting is done and things go back to normal (for as far as that is possible, of course).

Your next statement I can't really follow.

If at the wall she's met Renly which is who Gendry looks like and Renly looked like a young Renly yet she could see that the boy was roberts get.

Are you talking about Melissandre? Melissandre did indeed meet Renly, and Renly looked like a young Robert. Gendry looks a lot like Renly, seeing as how Brienne momentarily thought Renly stoot in front of her. But Melissandre wouldn't know for certain that Gendry was Roberts (unless, which is very possible, her visions tell her. I can see that happening). But if Melissandre will indeed ever use Gendry because there is power in a Kings blood, I don't think Gendry will live very long. The only reason Edric Storm is still alive, is because Davos secretly send him away.

There is a bond between Arya and Gendry, and GRRM has confirmed we'll definitly see Gendry again, but Gendry was not the only one who knew who Arya was. The rest of the brotherhood knew as well, remember? There is a bond between Jon and Sam as well, but Sam met Arya in Braavos, and only shortly, and he didn't know who she was, even though Jon had told him about her. That there is a bond between two people, doesn't always have to mean that those people will help each other out in obvious ways.

The Red star sacred to the smith is the thief in the North.

I don't see the point you are trying to make by this. Perhaps you could explain?

I don't think that Gendry is going to like what the BWB are starting to stand for. They are hanging innocent people. Brianne was upholding her oath. Both to Jamie and Lady Stark. It's Cat that is being an oathbreaker. Gendry joined the BWB because they were honorable. There is no honor amongest thieves anymore under lady stone heart. She's got no mercy in her left. So no I don't think that he will be spending much more time with Lady Stoneheart.

I agree that Gendry will not be liking what Stoneheart is doing. So he might leave the brotherhood, or a fraction of the brotherhood will go become a brotherhood of their own. They could also start following Jaime, since it's Jaime's intend to find both Sansa and Arya and return them back home. It could be that Gendry decide he's going to help Jaime with that, to make sure Jaime keeps his vow. That's an honorable goal.

If not Gendry who is there to work the forge at the wall? Do you know of any other trained smiths that are being sent to the wall that we have seen that has kings blood in his veins? IF you have I would love to know where M'lord.

I don't see why it is important that the smith at the Wall needs to have Kings blood? And again, Gendry is no longer being send to the Wall. Even if he decides to leave the brotherhood, I don't think he'd even consider going to the Wall for a second, not voluntarily.

The smith at the Wall could become anyone, with a little bit of training. If Stannis beats Roose, he could send Roose's smith to the Wall, as a "gift" of sorts for Jon and the Black Brothers.

Archived